*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,849 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I were playing on the last gen consoles I would be upset. I've loving it on the series x. Definitely hate how hard it is to loot objects though
Wildmen03
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Don't go to the subreddit for this game. They're destroying it. I'm personally loving it.
90% of those are console gamers and probably 75% of those are previous gen gamers.

Granted this game was advertised as working on current and previous gen. So getting a little miffed about how bad its running is warranted.

I typically game on the PC for the Mod community and games generally run better if they're cross platform. My One X is primarily used for Xbox exclusive content.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wildmen03 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Don't go to the subreddit for this game. They're destroying it. I'm personally loving it.
90% of those are console gamers and probably 75% of those are previous gen gamers.

Granted this game was advertised as working on current and previous gen. So getting a little miffed about how bad its running is warranted.

I typically game on the PC for the Mod community and games generally run better if they're cross platform. My One X is primarily used for Xbox exclusive content.

Yeah, the game is gorgeous on my Series X. Haven't had any bugs at all.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
wangus12
AG
Only bug I've had on my Xbox One X is the mirror glitch where the character is always naked in the mirror.
bluefire579
AG
I got a blocker bug on one of the early story missions, going to have to replay a good portion of it.
degreedy
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Quote:

and when y'all speak of "RT", what exactly are you referring to? Ray Tracing?
Correct. If you've got one of the RT-capable Nvidia cards, this game is one of the big, all-out showcases of that tech. I'm stuck in a bit of a gray area with my current 2060 between RT-medium in 1080 or Ultra settings in 1440.

ETA: Here's a rough thumbnail of system requirements. There's probably more accurate info available now that the game is out regarding the FPS numbers for these settings.

so here is my setup... I'd be surprised if I couldn't get ultra settings, don't you think?

asrock z170 motherboard
intel i5 6600 overclocked to 4.25GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1070

Didn't get a chance to download game last night, going to try tonight when I get home.
ja86
AG
Gorgeous game on the pc. I am 5 hours in and just finished my first boss fight. Only glitch I have encountered is the scanner getting stuck on. Other than that, it has been running great. I'm totally lost with how I want to build my character but I'm really enjoying the game play so far.
bbattbq01
AG
Just had first crash, 3.5GB patch waiting for me... patch notes says it fixed some crashes.
bbattbq01
AG
Really loving the emails in the game, favorite one so far has been the extortion email, I know what you've been doing on your computer, etc etc etc if you don't pay me I'll explode your head twice. Sad to see in the future they still haven't solved spam and phishing rofl
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Welp, my UPS delivery driver decided to steal Cyberpunk 2077 out of its package and deliver just the empty package. Luckily getting a refund and just going to digitally download it instead
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
flakrat
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Welp, my UPS delivery driver decided to steal Cyberpunk 2077 out of its package and deliver just the empty package. Luckily getting a refund and just going to digitally download it instead
See the previous post for suggestions on how to deal with said driver...
EarlyAg07
AG
Overall, this is a fantastic game so far. Little taking used to on somethings but I can see myself losing more than a few hours to this one. Also lucky enough to play it on Series X and the game looks great too. Didn't occur to me that this hadn't been upgraded for new gen consoles yet until I saw some posts here. It makes sense thinking back but the game still looks great.

The bugs though, are a problem. Every now and then the game will lock up for 20-30 seconds and then resume as normal. I've been lucky that nothing has broken the game yet for me though. Did get an enemy stuck in an elevator on the Relic mission, which made things a bit easier.
goodAg80
AG
wangus12 said:

Only bug I've had on my Xbox One X is the mirror glitch where the character is always naked in the mirror.
Username checks out
DallasTeleAg
Turned on the PS5 just now to play and there is a 17.6GB update. Damn... hope it fixes a lot.
SLAM
BenFiasco14 said:

In fairness there is a lot to dislike. The optimization is horrible such that there are continual huge fps drops outside all of the time, the AI is ******ed in gun fights, and there is no driving AI at all. The game feels like an early access game and needed another few years of polish.

I am enjoying it but it has some serious issues.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Just started playing on PS5. Only about an hour and a half in and enjoying it so far, but this is definitely a game that should have waited a little longer before releasing. Quite a bit of minor bugs: floating cell phones, people walking through obstacles, intermittently unable to pick up items. One major issue I have run into so far is terrible enemy AI. The first major battle, I was able to defeat the main baddy with the mini-gun by literally just shooting him from two rooms away with a pistol. He didn't react, didn't try to dodge, and didn't even try to shoot back at me. I can't decide whether to wait a few more weeks for more patches vs just finishing my playthrough then replaying in a couple months.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
I'll wait several months on this one. Sounds like a mess of a game after reading this and Steam reviews.
YNWA_AG
AG
A lot of the complaints are about how the npcs aren't live and that there no random activities like gta. Side missions and the actual missions have been really well made so far. Enemy AI isn't great. But it's a overall way better game than what the whiners are making it out to be.

Really enjoyed my 12 hours so far
AgDev01
AG
Agreed. There is a lot to like but there is a lot of things that are disappointing. Playing on PC the amount of NPCs walking around is amazing, but that is all they do. There is no interaction or acknowledgement of your character at all it seems. The shooting with a controller on PC is also a mess. Im not able to tell what is wrong but its worse than any other game ive played.

tamusc
AG
AgDev01 said:

Agreed. There is a lot to like but there is a lot of things that are disappointing. Playing on PC the amount of NPCs walking around is amazing, but that is all they do. There is no interaction or acknowledgement of your character at all it seems. The shooting with a controller on PC is also a mess. Im not able to tell what is wrong but its worse than any other game ive played.

Play with mouse and keyboard on a PC most of the time and then switch to controller for driving.
bluefire579
AG
AgDev01 said:

It's about the same level of interaction that NPCs in the Witcher had. I feel like Skyrim had more with direct interactions, but was less dense in terms of number of NPCs.

I've been using mouse and keyboard on PC, feel like you'd be better off there. Typically, console games have aim assist built into it to help with the inaccuracy of the controller, which doesn't always make it over to the PC versions.
AgDev01
AG
It has aim assist, though im not sure it actually does anything. I may have to switch over.

Oblivion, however old that is now had way better interactions with random NPCs. If they were even GTA 5 level it would make this game so much better.
Pman17
AG
FYI, if you buy the game before December 18th on Stadia, you get the Controller and Chromecast Ultra for free. The Stadia version seems to be doing well.

https://stadia.google.com/game/cyberpunk2077
BenFiasco14
AG
The more I play, the more I'm loving this game. The hatred from the neckbeard crowd is insane. It seems they expected a futuristic GTA game but that was never what this was supposed to be.

Graphics are amazing, combat is fun and the lore and story are fantastic.

But I'm playing on the Xbox Series X. I'd probably advise people not to play on a PS4 or Xbox one
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bbattbq01
AG
I can't comment on gun control, cause I just run around cutting peoples heads off.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've had a few glitches and a couple of crashes, but I'm really enjoying it
DallasTeleAg
I'm enjoying it, but definitely crashing a lot.

I also think the Police mechanic needs a lot of work.
AustinAg2K
I'm kind of interested in this game, but based off reviews it definitely sounds like I need to wait a while for all the bugs to be worked out. One thing I'm really curious about, though, is what's the deal with being able to choose your ***** size or nipple type? Is that in some way integral to the game? Like is there some part where you have to whip out your cock? Or were the developers just bored? I'm probably just old, but I've never heard of this type of feature in a game and I find it a really weird option to add.
wangus12
AG
Just some weird gimmick for the uber rpg needs who demand unlimited customization. One launch day, reddit people were made the dick didn't have sliders so they could accurately choose their size rather than like 1-4 presets
PatAg
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I'm kind of interested in this game, but based off reviews it definitely sounds like I need to wait a while for all the bugs to be worked out. One thing I'm really curious about, though, is what's the deal with being able to choose your ***** size or nipple type? Is that in some way integral to the game? Like is there some part where you have to whip out your cock? Or were the developers just bored? I'm probably just old, but I've never heard of this type of feature in a game and I find it a really weird option to add.
you're old and it's weird
fta09
AG
Haven't you heard about choosing your preferred pronouns? May as well be able to replicate that in your favorite RPG.

I think this game looks fun, but I'm still a WoW nerd and this released at a bad time. Good thing it is a little buggy as that will give me time to keep playing WoW and come back to this later.
AgDev01
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

The more I play, the more I'm loving this game. The hatred from the neckbeard crowd is insane. It seems they expected a futuristic GTA game but that was never what this was supposed to be.

They definitely tried be a futuristic GTA. From the linear missions and things like the PD alerts, to the comments they made about NPC AI they certainly aimed to create a world like GTAV but instead ended up creating a really nice map where the NPC are more akin to generic Fallout NPCs rather that GTA or RDR.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Only a few hours in on my base PS4 and only noticed a few visual issues. They missed a big chance to gloss over the bugs by blaming it on V's visual implant and cyberpsychosis
WES2006AG
AG
I am 5 hours in and really enjoying it so far. I am playing on a Series X and it has been a pretty smooth experience with only a few instances of floating items and one lock up.

This isn't my normal type of game but I may be a convert. Walking around Night City is a stunning visual experience and the game sounds great with Dolby Atmos as well. I am sure the game will look even better after the next gen patch but it certainly isn't bad right now.
DallasTeleAg
The Bad
Police mechanic still pissing me off. I did a mission where I was chasing down a Delamain taxi and it led me to an ambush. I had to replay that fight about 8 times because I kept drifting out of the "combat" area to get cover or I would die in 2 seconds, and the police would get summoned on my. Or a stay bullet would go too far and the police would get summoned to destroy me.

I hate this idea of "combat zones" being the only place you can fire a weapon without getting the cops called on you and the way the police are just summoned out of thin air is one of the most absolutely stupid mechanic I have ever seen. How this made it into the official release completely blows my mind. Just make it just like GTA or RDR2, and it would be fine.

The game crashes at least once an hour on my PS5. Does this ruin the experience? Not too much, but it is annoying when it happens. Fortunately, I'm on PS5, so the reboot of the game doesn't take long. I don't know how long the reboot is on the last gen consoles, which could definitely be a problem.

Ran into a glitch where I couldn't draw my weapons. Looked online and the fix was to go into a bar or other safe zone and then leave. That reset it.

The physics mechanic on vehicles is kind of goofy. I like driving a motorcycle to go around quickly and that thing bounces like a beach ball.

I don't seem to have a good grasp on armor because I am getting 3 shot by most baddies.

The Good
Despite those issues, I am still really enjoying the game. I like the skill upgrade mechanics and crafting mechanics. Every quest I have done so far has been very fun. It seems like a mix between GTA and Fallout 4 in a cyberpunk world.

I agree about walking around the city. It is just so dense and amazing, and I've not even covered a quarter of it. I do wish there were more NPCs walking around and vehicle AI was better. If you stop in a lane, you will backup traffic forever. No one just goes around you. I am hoping the PS5 update to the game increases the number of NPCs that are walking around.

I am just past the mission in the hotel penthouse (avoiding spoilers) and man... that surprised the crap out of me. Did not see that coming. So far, the main quest line has been very engaging and the side quests have been fun. The Delemain side questline had a great Portal easter egg that made me laugh.

If the main story line is not that long, I don't see that as an issue. There are so many freaking quests in my quest log. Money is fairly easy to come by if you are stopping crimes around the city.

I'm putting this in the "good", though I mentioned it in the "bad". I feel like they purposely made the enemies very hard to kill to slow down the combat a bit and make you think more. Using your hacking ability really helps when engaging a group of baddies.

Just a few of my thoughts, so far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.