*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,874 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went pretty far into quick hacking and have unlocked "Suicide". My combat strategy has taken a completely different look recently.
bbattbq01
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

FatZilla said:

Love just pinging the whole base, hiding on the roof, pulling out my heavy hitter sniper and headshotting everything through walls. Makes clearing bases easy.
Lol, that sounds boring. I love running into a base with my hand cannon and just headshotting everyone. I swear, the power revolvers are so OP in this game, and no-scope headshots are so easy to do at close range, makes it too easy, but I enjoy the carnage.

The Lizzie iconic pistol shoots I think four bullets each shot, it's pretty silly blowing heads off with.
Wildmen03
AG
Lizzie is my go-to. Been upgrading it from the beginning.

My sniper is a legendary/iconic O'Five that I crafted. Up to 1500+ damage.

I've got a legendary Ne****ch Cyberdeck with 6 mod slots. My favorites are System Reset if I need to take a target alive, Cyberpsychosis if I want to wreck shop from afar. And Contagion if I need to clear out a pack of enemies.

I didn't like quickhacks at the beginning. Now I use them more than my weapons.
BenFiasco14
AG
It's so silly that "****" is censored in situations like your post
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
Yeah, quickhacks have gotten better and better.
DallasTeleAg
I still would love more customization for weapons and a cooler way to upgrade. Constantly disassembling everything and then buying the rest of the components is just not very rewarding.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Okay, I just got gorilla arms and took on a clan of bad guys with machine guns.

It was wonderful smashing them to pieces with nothing but my fists while they wailed away in me with firepower!

Get gorilla arms.

Too fun not to!
AgDev01
AG
Gorilla Arms are a blast. Punching people and watching them go flying cracks me up every time. Im definitely planning on a melee playthough with them at some point once we get a few more patches.
degreedy
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Now I have
Wildmen03
AG
I'm about 40-50 hours in and right now quickhacking is overpowered for me.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the crap out of using it. But with a ton of perks I can use contagion 2-3 times plus a system reset or two and clear out a building without firing a shot.

I tried sneaking my way through the game but quickhacks are way easier and it's taking away most of the difficulty.
FatZilla
AG
New patch. They removed the 8mb limit on saves (wont fix already corrupted ones though) and supposedly put in more stability for the consoles.
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
flakrat
AG
Not sure if I heard this correctly, but on the With a Little Help From My Friends mission, where you hijack the Basilisk from Militech, on the way back to base one of the trucks does a Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck on the horn!
BenFiasco14
AG
flakrat said:

Not sure if I heard this correctly, but on the With a Little Help From My Friends mission, where you hijack the Basilisk from Militech, on the way back to base one of the trucks does a Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck on the horn!

I thought I heard it too but brushed it off. Since Johnny's from college station, there must be an Aggie on the development team
flakrat
flakrat
AG
Would be great if a graffiti Ol' Sarge or Gig'em thumb were found around the city
bbattbq01
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

flakrat said:

I thought I heard it too but brushed it off. Since Johnny's from college station, there must be an Aggie on the development team

Same!
Cappo
wangus12
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

flakrat said:

Wait is he really from Cstat
BenFiasco14
AG
wangus12 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

flakrat said:

Wait is he really from Cstat

Yes see this video

https://v.redd.it/587gw1sa60661
wangus12
AG
Thats pretty funny
BenFiasco14
AG
Loved my ending. Read the others.
DallasTeleAg
I will say, I think they do a good job with the characters. They actually made me care about Jacki and Panam, so far.

We'll see if there are other I get to know at that level.
DallasTeleAg
So, went to finally do the second fight in Beat on the Brat quest line after about 30 hours of gameplay, and was getting rocked by the guy without able to do any damage. Having saved about $70K, I went to the ripperdock to get gorilla arms and went back to him. I destroyed him without taking damage. Damn. Never got them because I don't do melee, but definitely have them now.

Also, I went ahead and bought the double jump legs. I should have gotten these a long time ago. Completely opens the world up, being able to double jump. I can now get on top of just about any building, and jump over barbed wire fences.

Still trying to understand how upgrading items really works. Does the cost keep going up, the more you upgrade the item, or is the amount of materials required based on the item level?

It seems like it's based on the total number of times you've updated an item. I'm at level 27. Upgrading my blue rifle that I have had for so long takes over 60 of all the blue components. However, I just found an epic sniper rifle that was better than my other one, and it only takes 3 of the rare and epic components.

Makes it very expensive to keep weapons you find early on in the game.
tamusc
AG
GN did a really in depth graphics optimization piece.

ja86
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

So, went to finally do the second fight in Beat on the Brat quest line after about 30 hours of gameplay, and was getting rocked by the guy without able to do any damage. Having saved about $70K, I went to the ripperdock to get gorilla arms and went back to him. I destroyed him without taking damage. Damn. Never got them because I don't do melee, but definitely have them now.

Also, I went ahead and bought the double jump legs. I should have gotten these a long time ago. Completely opens the world up, being able to double jump. I can now get on top of just about any building, and jump over barbed wire fences.

Still trying to understand how upgrading items really works. Does the cost keep going up, the more you upgrade the item, or is the amount of materials required based on the item level?

It seems like it's based on the total number of times you've updated an item. I'm at level 27. Upgrading my blue rifle that I have had for so long takes over 60 of all the blue components. However, I just found an epic sniper rifle that was better than my other one, and it only takes 3 of the rare and epic components.

Makes it very expensive to keep weapons you find early on in the game.

I have been treating it like a shooter-looter, just grinding for better gear. I have to dump too many perks into crafting to make stuff better than I loot.
DallasTeleAg
I started the same way, but some of the iconic weapons have such great attributes.

Also, i will say it really pays off to stop crimes around town. You can find so many shards that give big experience boosts to various skills. I don't fast travel unless I have to go more than 2.5km. Any other journey, I drive so I can happen across crimes to stop.

I do wish the directions showed up on screen like they do during the races. constantly watching the minimap as I drive keeps me from enjoying driving through the city as much as I should.
AgDev01
AG
The upgrade system is out of whack. It is based off of the number of times that item is upgraded which means for an item that you have had for a while will end up needing a ton of mats overtime to keep it current. They really need to reduce the cost or pro-rate it if there is a big level difference. Im sure there will be a mod for this in the future.
DallasTeleAg
Yep. It costs me less than 20% of the mats to upgrade my recent epic guns as it does to upgrade my old Rare/Iconic weapon that I have had since about level 15.

It costs me around $20K in Mats to upgrade my Rare/Iconic weapon.
DallasTeleAg
Also, one of the main reasons I fast travel when I do is because I know the game will crash if I try to drive too far. Basically making me waste that time driving.
AgDev01
AG
One thing they can easily do is just remove the requirement to have the lower tier version of the iconic item from crafting which would just let folks craft a new one to get a level scaled version rather than upgrading
DallasTeleAg
It is amazing that there have been over 30GB of updates since release, and it still crashes as much as it does.
tamusc
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

It is amazing that there have been over 30GB of updates since release, and it still crashes as much as it does.
I haven't had a single issue on PC since the 1.06 update rolled out and the game was previously unplayable due to crashes up to 1.04 for me. Just dumb luck on my part though I guess.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've only had one crash on my PS4 in the past week. Started my second play through last night
DallasTeleAg
I'm crashing at least once per hour on PS5. I guess that's better than the once every 45 minutes from before.

I also am surprised there isn't more cars on the road or people on the streets. Perhaps they have that turned down for consoles and will increase those counts once the next gen updates come out.

I really have been enjoying all the side quests.
tamusc
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I really have been enjoying all the side quests.

I'm level 12 and street cred 26 without even doing the Heist prelude mission thanks to just running around doing side missions. I already have Gorilla arms and double jump legs without leaving the starting zone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.