*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,295 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Señor Chang
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kept searching for an official thread and couldn't find one.

That said, its finally been announced that they are pushing the release date back from April to September.

Thunder18
AG
In, CDPR have proven to be a great studio and I have full faith that CP2077 is going to kick ass
Artorias
AG
While it sucks to have to wait longer, I would much rather them take the extra time to make the game great, rather than try to rush out an unpolished/unfinished version. Especially for a game of this size/scope.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
This delay was a big blow. But CD Projekt Red continues to prove they are the anti-Bethesda.

And they aren't the only ones to take note of AAA releases like Fallout 76 and Anthem that shipped unfinished.

Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII remake is being delayed from March 3 to April 10 (no biggie) while the upcoming Avengers game has been bumped from May to September.

Hopefully the business model of shipping broken games and either patching (Bethesda) or outright abandoning the IP (Electronic Arts/Mass Effect) is being replaced.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
BenFiasco14
AG
Hoping it's good. Witcher 3 is my favorite game ever
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Hoping it's good. Witcher 3 is my favorite game ever

Its pedigree indicates it'll be good and CD Projekt Red has certainly ticked all the right boxes pre-release.

But this is THE MOST widely anticipated game ever. YouTube has over 20 channels exclusively dedicated to it. Liberal hacks in the media have already made it their business to start $h!t about it calling the game transphobic and racist towards Haitians (which only makes me wanna buy 2 copies and play it twice).

It has KEANU ****ING REEVES as a main NPC character.

How? How do you live up to this level of hype?

I don't know. But CDPR will do it. Because they are the light in the darkness.
Chase McGuire
I have no doubt CDPR will craft an awesome world with great quests to dive into. My only hesitation is the gameplay on this one. Making an FPS feel perfect on their first try won't be easy. I'm glad they're taking the extra time to polish and do it right. I can wait.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
With the delay to this Fall and no guarantees it won't be delayed again, it might make as much sense to buy it for PS5 this December.

As if I wouldn't buy it for both.

Steve McQueen
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Latest rumor ( via Inside Gaming) as to why the game was delayed is because of technical problems performing on the PS4 and XBOX consoles from this generation.

This is understandable b/c these consoles are 7 years old in some cases and CP77 is a cross generational title.

However, with the new consoles not set to be released until December 2020 CD Projekt Red can hardly release a title in September that will have issues with current gen units.

Hopefully the 5+ extra months will be enough!

Steve McQueen
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Next generation XBOX upgrades will be free. Buy it on XBOX One and it will be waiting for you to download if you buy Microsoft's next gen Xbox Series X console.

This is coming straight from CD Projekt Red.

Will PS5 do the same for those who buy CP77 on PS4?

Probably.

Steve McQueen
wangus12
AG
Good to hear.
92Ag95
AG
It's like they're trying to keep delaying this game so that it will be released in 2077.
dcaggie04
AG
What does this latest announcement have to do with your comment? The game is coming out in September. New Xbox is coming out after that.

Microsoft is going to have a new thing called "smart delivery" where if you buy a version for the xbox or one x, you can get a free copy of the game for the series x. Microsoft is doing this for their in studio games and other studios can opt their games in. CD projekt red is doing just that.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
92Ag95 said:

It's like they're trying to keep delaying this game so that it will be released in 2077.

Nah (but it feels that way).

CD Projekt Red has doubled in value to $2 billion. Following the recent publication of its earnings, CD Projekt Red is now worth around $2.3 billion. It's selling at $80 a share.

This is directly linked to their reputation as being consumer friendly and releasing Tier 1 quality games with polished game play.

They easily have more consumer good will than any publisher in gaming.

Clearly there's a business model for releasing ****ty games and patching them over the following 6 months, but CDPR isn't using it. Because longterm it WILL hurt you.

Also integrity and pride is still a thing for some companies. Release it when it's ready.

Steve McQueen
Artorias
AG
They made another $50 million on Witcher 3 sales over Christmas, thanks to the Netflix show coming out and generating alot of new and renewed interest.
YNWA_AG
AG
wangus12
AG
Includes a new trailer as well.

Also there are quite a few hands on reviews out now from people
DallasTeleAg
No one has posted this? I mean... I haven't been so pumped for a game....

AGinHI
AG
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
DallasTeleAg
Starting to think I need to go up to Gamestop and refund my pre-order to wait to get it on PS5.
CrottyKid
AG
Did they try to break a world record for most f bombs in a trailer or something?
wangus12
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Starting to think I need to go up to Gamestop and refund my pre-order to wait to get it on PS5.
Pretty sure if you buy it for XB1 or PS4, they'll give you a code for the next gen console as well.
DallasTeleAg
Yeah, but will saves and the like transfer? I don't want to invest a month and a half into a character and then have to reset once next gen comes out.
DallasTeleAg
It is confirmed that it will be compatible for PS5 if you buy it for PS4. I'm assuming you can upload your saves and then migrate them to your PS5.
jr15aggie
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Yeah, but will saves and the like transfer? I don't want to invest a month and a half into a character and then have to reset once next gen comes out.

I'm not sure about the PS5... but I know Xbox has made a point to talk about their "smart delivery" system. For those games confirmed to use this you own the game outright and it will download the right assets for whatever Xbox console you play it on. Save states will follow you from console to console.

Cyberpunk is one of the games confirmed to use this system so you'll be good if you are on Xbox.
DallasTeleAg
Not an xBox guy. I prefer the Playstation IP.
YNWA_AG
AG
PlayStation download times are terrible. Hopefully ssd's improve that dumb copying process that takes forever
XXXVII
PC is going to be the best way to play this. Consoles are 10 years behind with their hardware.
Bregxit
AG
XXXVII said:

PC is going to be the best way to play this. Consoles are 10 years behind with their hardware.

The new gen consoles will surpass PC for the first time this year. It won't be long lived I am sure but for a bit they will be better.
AtlAg05
AG
How do you figure that?
Bregxit
AG
AtlAg05 said:

How do you figure that?

Because the AMD Big Navi GPU architecture is being debuted in the consoles rather than in the PC market and by all accounts is a pretty big performance jump over current PC graphics processing.
PatAg
AG
Bregxit said:

AtlAg05 said:

How do you figure that?

Because the AMD Big Navi GPU architecture is being debuted in the consoles rather than in the PC market and by all accounts is a pretty big performance jump over current PC graphics processing.
I don't think that's correct.
Bregxit
AG
PatAg said:

Bregxit said:

AtlAg05 said:

How do you figure that?

I don't think that's correct.
Ok
nomad2007
AG
Bregxit said:

AtlAg05 said:

How do you figure that?

AMD would be silly to not release PC cards with their new architecture at the same time or before the console releases. The whole idea of Big Navi being their new "Nvidia killer" would be wasted if they didn't debut PC cards before the end of the year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.