*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,878 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sony has removed it from the PS Store.

Here's Sony's official statement on the matter: "SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

"Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution."
ac04
yikes
BenFiasco14
AG
C@LAg said:

Sony has removed it from the PS Store.

Here's Sony's official statement on the matter: "SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

"Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution."

Even on Ps5? Refunds even if you don't have complaints?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
Wow... to be honest, I have not done any reading on this other than this Texags thread. I had no idea it was truly that bad on the last gen.
Chase McGuire
It won't take the game from people who bought it who don't request a refund, as far as I understand.
BenFiasco14
AG
Chase McGuire said:

It won't take the game from people who bought it who don't request a refund, as far as I understand.

To be fair I'm playing on Xbox Series X, but I think this games truly incredible. Loving every moment and I'm addicted.

All the hate comes from people trying to play on the last gen consoles, which I get. They should not have released this on PS4/Xbox one.

This is such a fantastic game and it sucks seeing it dragged through the mud
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
C@LAg
i assume that Sony does not want to be stuck doing this over and over again with the nest few big updates between the bug fixing that will go on with the upcoming patches/updates until CDPR gets their **** together.

This removes additional *****ing from, customers until that time comes.
bbattbq01
AG
AgDev01 said:

one thing I do like about the game is the death/flatline mechanic. Its interesting to kill someone but not have really killed them unless you walk up to them and put a bullet in their skull.

That being said its almost like you are forced into playing a Paragon role (to steal from Mass Effect) in a lot of cases. There was one side quest i did where i had to extract a target who was trying to save a patient. I wanted to just shoot the patient to solve it instead of going through the motions but it literally wouldn't let me.

I think when I chop their heads off they are really dead.

Maybe.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I know the graphics aren't what they would be on PS5, but I'm really enjoying it, even on my PS4

Maybe I'm just too easily pleased
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Actually, graphics are not that great on a PS5 either, and I've found that the game actually looks slightly better when HDR is turned off. There is reportedly a bug with HDR as well. There is definitely a great game hidden under all this mess, but I am definitely coming away disappointed. My crashes have started picking up again, and glitches seem to have increased again, as well. Enemy AI is still absolutely terrible, many not even acknowledging that I'm even attacking them.

I think the one good thing about this fiasco is that it will convince developers to not release incomplete games, especially high profile releases given the number of refunds that will be handed out.

While I think CDPR is doing all the right things in the damage control department, and I really believe they are trying to make things right, they knew this was going to happen and that's why they placed an embargo on console reviews. I don't think they ever recover from this. Their next title will have to be Witcher related in order to regain interest in their games, and convince people to take a chance on their next title.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AtlAg05
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

I think the one good thing about this fiasco is that it will convince developers to not release incomplete games, especially high profile releases given the number of refunds that will be handed out.

I think that has been said after every big game flop.
bodaciousbood14
AG
I have had one issue on a regular PS4.

A background conversation subtitle got stuck on the screen.

That's it.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
AtlAg05 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

True, although I can't remember PlayStation ever removing a game from their store.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I know the graphics aren't what they would be on PS5, but I'm really enjoying it, even on my PS4

Maybe I'm just too easily pleased
Same here. Its been a blast on Xbox One. I think the game looks fine, but probably not what it could be. Gameplay and story are really fun. I'm sure with a better system the world would be more full, but thats a small complaint.

If this disaster makes CDPR go under, we will have lost a really, really good studio. This decision was most definitely on the higher-ups and not the developers who are probably now having to bust their collective asses through the holidays.
The Fife
AtlAg05 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Laughs in Mass Effect Andromeda

At this point I'm really liking my strategy of not buying anything until it's been out for a year or more. Get a few patches and updates in so I get to play something that's 95% complete instead of being CD Projekt RED or EA's QA department.
bluefire579
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Even with the vocal outrage, this game is far from a flop. I guarantee you the number of people who are actually seeking out refunds is relatively small, especially for a game that was reported to have paid for itself on day 1. Those sales will only go up as improvements and fixes are made.

At the end of the day, though, it speaks to the larger issue in the games industry. You're talking about products that require a huge upfront investment on the hope that the product is popular enough to make its money back in sales. When you combine a long development cycle with a huge amount of hype, there is going to be extreme pressure to hit an unrealistic release date, which leads to development only focusing on the worst of the worst issues in an effort to get something playable out the door. Hard dates lead to rushed products and they lead to crunch, and the more complex games get, the more this problem is going to persist.
wangus12
AG
I do think its pretty ****ty of Playstation and Sony to more or less publicly shame CDPR with the refund/removal move. They wouldn't have done it if it was a Sony/EA/Activision/Ubisoft product. Those bigger entities could handle it, but a smaller developer this could kill.
dcaggie04
AG
wangus12 said:

I do think its pretty ****ty of Playstation and Sony to more or less publicly shame CDPR with the refund/removal move. They wouldn't have done it if it was a Sony/EA/Activision/Ubisoft product. Those bigger entities could handle it, but a smaller developer this could kill.

CDPR basically put Sony and Microsoft in a pickle by stating that people go to them for refunds. CDPR never talked to either Sony or Microsoft about the refunds beforehand. They made it sound like Sony and MS would automatically give refunds and did not mention each entity has refund criteria people have to meet.

Sony and MS are probably pissed at CDPR because all this makes their cert process look bad. This game only passed cert on consoles because CDPR promised to have issues fixed by launch. CDPR did not.
bluefire579
AG
wangus12 said:

CDPR will be fine. They have a good thing going with GOG, and Cyberpunk has sold plenty, even with returns, and will continue to sell. And at this point, they're hardly small. They're much closer to someone like Gearbox or Paradox than they are to, say, Supergiant
FatZilla
AG

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
nomad2007
AG
Can you add quick hack ability to any operating system? I got a cool reflex oriented OS for my pistol build, but I lost ability to deactivate cameras, etc.
Prime0882
AG
nomad2007 said:

Can you add quick hack ability to any operating system? I got a cool reflex oriented OS for my pistol build, but I lost ability to deactivate cameras, etc.
Maybe you changed out your quickhack "spells" on accident? I went with a hacking centric playstyle and bought a new cyberware deck pretty early on in Act 2 and noticed you can swap out your hacks there. It also sounds like crafting quickhacks may be much cheaper than buying new ones.
AgDev01
AG
There are some decks that remove it ability to quickhack for other features i believe.
FatZilla
AG
Berserk ones for melee builds take away hacking.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
nomad2007
AG
Prime0882 said:

nomad2007 said:

Maybe you changed out your quickhack "spells" on accident? I went with a hacking centric playstyle and bought a new cyberware deck pretty early on in Act 2 and noticed you can swap out your hacks there. It also sounds like crafting quickhacks may be much cheaper than buying new ones.
I thought I had done something similar, but apparently what AgDev01 said is right... some of the operating systems take away quickhacking in exchange for other skill specific things.

I got the sadevistan for my pistol guy to slow time for 30 seconds and increase crit chance. I suppose it makes sense that there is a trade off.
DallasTeleAg
Meh... still enjoying it. I'll beat the game now. Then come back to it in a year or so and play a completely different character.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This has to be the worst rollout in video game history, right? It checks all of the boxes: YEARS worth of hype, adoptive audience built in, delays on top of delays, Draconian early review restrictions, unusable go-live product, delete.

Has anything else even come close?
nomad2007
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

This has to be the worst rollout in video game history, right? It checks all of the boxes: YEARS worth of hype, adoptive audience built in, delays on top of delays, Draconian early review restrictions, unusable go-live product, delete.

No Man's Sky was worse, in my opinion. It's good now, but it's release was absolutely abysmal.
Chase McGuire
This is up there. I'd say No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, Anthem and Battlefront 2 are in the same category.
Claude!
Daikatana
bluefire579
AG
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Diablo 3
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Final Fantasy 14
Arkham Knight PC
Assassin's Creed Unity

People just have short memories. Hell, Witcher 3 was a mess when it came out, but they continued supporting it.
The Fife
Claude! said:

Daikatana
Deep reference there but spot on!
CDub06
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Diablo 3 says hi.
wangus12
AG
Mass Effect: Andromeda was pretty damn broken as well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.