*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,843 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
Tomdoss92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bluefire579 said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

There aren't 10 releases worse than Cyberpunk. Stop it.
Daikatana
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Diablo 3
No Man's Sky
Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Final Fantasy 14
Anthem
Sim City
Mass Effect Andromeda

People just have short memories and hyped this one beyond belief. Every bad release is worse than the forgotten one before it

Azariah
AG
bluefire579 said:

Daikatana
Diablo 3
No Man's Sky
Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Final Fantasy 14
Anthem
Sim City
Mass Effect Andromeda

People just have short memories and hyped this one beyond belief. Every bad release is worse than the forgotten one before it
You didn't even mention Battlecruiser 3000AD, the worst game release of all time.
bbattbq01
AG
Or ET.
wangus12
AG
Man several of those worked perfectly fine for me with no bugs
DallasTeleAg
Diablo 3 wasn't even close to this. I played that at launch and it was more issues with the many of the in game systems that just needed to be fixed after the masses started to exploit them or they just didn't work. I never remember the game constantly crashing on me.
tamusc
AG
I remember getting repeatedly booted off the servers and then stuck in queues forever throughout the first month Diablo 3 launched due to their dumbass decision to make it online only, even when playing single player.

I've played more Cyberpunk with little to no issues than I did the first month Diablo 3 launched. That's also before you even get into the CF that was the real money auction house.
Not a Bot
AG
Got my refund from Sony. Going to wait until I have some sort of hardware to be able to play this. Either PS5 or PC.
AggieChemE09
AG
bluefire579 said:

Daikatana
Diablo 3
No Man's Sky
Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Final Fantasy 14
Anthem
Sim City
Mass Effect Andromeda

Add Spore to the list
Ryan34
AG
How many of those got into really hot water for misleading investors?
bluefire579
AG
wangus12 said:

Man several of those worked perfectly fine for me with no bugs
And plenty of people are saying the same thing about Cyberpunk. That's the thing about games, especially as they get more complex. There are always going to be bugs, and depending on things like playstyle, system (whether PC specs or how much wear is on their console), or just plain luck, some folks will have it worse than others.

All of those games will have anecdotal situations of people who didn't have issues, but had enough problems to make headlines. And of course, with how complex games are these days, Cyberpunk is certainly not going to be the last one. It just happens to be the loudest at the moment.
bluefire579
AG
Ryan34 said:

Not going to dig into it, but I know that Gearbox was sued over ACM for misleading, though it was fans, not investors. At any rate, I'm betting that lawsuit gets dismissed.
bluefire579
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Diablo 3 wasn't even close to this. I played that at launch and it was more issues with the many of the in game systems that just needed to be fixed after the masses started to exploit them or they just didn't work. I never remember the game constantly crashing on me.
As tamusc mentioned, Error 37 was a huge deal at first launch, with tons of players having issues getting online and not even being able to play because of it. The auction house was also a huge fiasco, and frankly, the core loop was just plain bad, which they eventually fixed with the expansion.
Chase McGuire
I'd add Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Fallout 76 as contenders. Maybe Battlefront 2, as well. The Cyberpunk launch is up there with the worst of them, though.
Bregxit
AG
I'd add Shadowbane and Star Wars Galaxies to the list of worse launches.
Ryan34
AG
bluefire579 said:

Ryan34 said:

Not going to dig into it, but I know that Gearbox was sued over ACM for misleading, though it was fans, not investors. At any rate, I'm betting that lawsuit gets dismissed.

There's at least 2 lawsuits now and they're also being investigated by the Poland's consumer protection agency.

They hyped this game and forecasted record sales despite knowing it wasn't close to ready. They had to issue refunds because they said it could run on previous consoles and it very clearly does not. So they definitely misled consumers. Whether the investors have a claim and what those damages would be remains to be seen.
WES2006AG
AG
The fact the the Cyberpunk thread has turned into a discussion of historically bad game launches tells you how this launch has gone.
Bregxit
AG
WES2006AG said:

The fact the the Cyberpunk thread has turned into a discussion of historically bad game launches tells you how this launch has gone.

I'm about 100 hours into my game and have only experienced a few very minor graphical glitches so for me personally, the launch has been great.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Same. I'm a few dozen hours in on my base PS4 and it's running pretty well. The frame rates and graphics aren't going to blow anyone away, but I've only hit a few showstopper bugs. No more than with any major game so far
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasTeleAg
Big patch released, today. Apparently, the should have fixed the PS4 and PS5 issue of crashing when moving between zones or areas. That should heavily cut down on my crashes. Will have to try it out, tomorrow.
DallasTeleAg
Apparently a big update was released, 1.2.

Anyone play on it? Has the game been fixed effectively at this point?
bbattbq01
AG
Haven't played since I finished the main story. Going to give it a few more patches until it's out of early access.
Saxsoon
AG
I am just waiting until the next gen ps5 patch releases
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Prime0882
AG
Saxsoon said:

I am just waiting until the next gen ps5 patch releases
I did the same and may even wait until a DLC is out since by then hopefully the game will be in a better state... set this one and the FFVII remake to the side until their PS5 updates are out. I was happy to see the Witcher 3 is going to get a PS5 update as well, so I guess it'll finally be time to platinum that one with a Death March run.
schmendeler
AG
how about now? any updates worth waiting for?
DallasTeleAg
LAWL
k00bz
AG
CP2077 is $10 at Best Buy today if anyone is interested. At that price I picked it up to keep on the shelf until the next gen update releases.
DallasTeleAg
k00bz said:

CP2077 is $10 at Best Buy today if anyone is interested. At that price I picked it up to keep on the shelf until the next gen update releases.
Wow... that's sad. With all of that build-up...
ExPLK
AG
Gonna see if I can't pick this up when I go grab Madden this week. I think the devs are so pot committed that they will continue to put out updates to try and sell copies. Hopefully it makes the game playable but I'll take that $10 bet. It'll be worth it just to experience some of the funny glitches.
jr15aggie
AG
Next Gen patch launched today. I'm hearing that there is a 5 hour free trial if anybody is interested. Initial impressions are pretty good for Series X & PS5. Ray Tracing version at 30 FPS or a 60 FPS mode with 4K Dynamic resolution.

I will most likely opt for the 60 FPS mode assuming it's stable... ray tracing is less impressive than a silky frame-rate IMO.

Prime0882
AG
I've been playing CD Project Red games since Witcher 1 and they've always needed a year to work the kinks out of their games. I might finally play this one now on my PS5 if it turns out the game is stable.
Not a Bot
AG
bluefire579 said:

Daikatana
Diablo 3
No Man's Sky
Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Final Fantasy 14
Anthem
Sim City
Mass Effect Andromeda

I picked up Arkham Knight well after release and I guess it patched whatever bugs people were having. I loved that game. Unity also wasn't terrible after the glitches were fixed.

Several of those were just bad games in general (or overpromised) and even a smooth launch wasn't going to save them.

CyperPunk falls in line with the "bad game" category. They spent a lot of effort on graphics and customizable features like circumcision status but forgot about a good story and meaningful characters. The Witcher series wasn't great because it looked the best, it was great because it had soul.
jr15aggie
AG
My impressions were very good playing the free trial last night (Series X). I cannot recommend the performance mode (60 FPS) enough over the ray tracing/30 fps mode. Turn off the lens flare as well and you are good to go.

The game ran perfectly fine from what I could tell. If the FPS dropped I didn't notice. The visuals are very nice as well... Looks to be very solid on next gen.
ac04
played a couple of hours of the PS5 version last night. not exactly what i expected but still pretty fun. will most likely go ahead and buy it once my 5 hours is up, that should hopefully get me to F1 2022.
Tex117
AG
ac04 said:

that should hopefully get me to F1 2022.
Your damn right.

Also, Assetto Corso Competizione is like 13 bucks with a free upgrade to ps5 coming in a few days.

That is some great car racing right there.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
bluefire579
AG
A whistleblower from the QA company they used exposed some alleged shady practices that contributed to the state of the initial release.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.