*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,833 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Police mechanic still pissing me off. I did a mission where I was chasing down a Delamain taxi and it led me to an ambush. I had to replay that fight about 8 times because I kept drifting out of the "combat" area to get cover or I would die in 2 seconds, and the police would get summoned on my. Or a stay bullet would go too far and the police would get summoned to destroy me.

I saved a police officer during an assault, and after i finished off the perps, he turned on me for firing a gun near him.

Aside from that, a few graphical glitches and some performance issues, I still also like the game.

Edit: Also, certain skill trees are totally imbalanced. I was doing over a thousand in damage by the end of the tutorial.
BenFiasco14
AG
nomad2007 said:

Quote:

Police mechanic still pissing me off. I did a mission where I was chasing down a Delamain taxi and it led me to an ambush. I had to replay that fight about 8 times because I kept drifting out of the "combat" area to get cover or I would die in 2 seconds, and the police would get summoned on my. Or a stay bullet would go too far and the police would get summoned to destroy me.

I saved a police officer during an assault, and after i finished off the perps, he turned on me for firing a gun near him.

Aside from that, a few graphical glitches and some performance issues, I still also like the game.

Edit: Also, certain skill trees are totally imbalanced. I was doing over a thousand in damage by the end of the tutorial.

I was doing the Happy Together side quest where you help the former cop who's depressed and quit the Force. I'm outside talking to his two friends who are still cops concerned about him and I guess I moved too close to one of the cops because she went from having a regular conversation with me to drawing her gun and screaming "STEP THE **** BACK" instantly.

Then holstered her gun and continued talking to me normally.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
CDPR finally publicly responds to the criticism

Chase McGuire
This statement is disingenuous and bad. They knew what they were doing.
BenFiasco14
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Apparently the developers have been getting death threats and the like.
Chase McGuire
Not the dev's fault. It's their management and executives making these decisions. They should have delayed the console release. Sounds like PC has its share of issues, but is playable. The console versions sound like an early access game. And the company knew that before selling copies. It's why they didn't allow console reviews.
Wildmen03
AG
I've put in an hour or so a day after my kid goes to bed, thought I was much further in the game than I thought I was. Next thing I know the title card comes up, guess I've been wasting time in the prologue so far.

I'm enjoying it so far.
wangus12
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Chase McGuire said:

They were getting death threats when they were delaying it as well. The internet is a cesspool of keyboard ******bags who have no consequences for what they type.
wangus12
AG
I just finished the prologue as well. Haven't gotten a lot of time to play, and apparently I've been mostly just doing the story. Gonna start branching out and start doing side gigs and other stuff.
dcaggie04
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Not the dev's fault. It's their management and executives making these decisions. They should have delayed the console release. Sounds like PC has its share of issues, but is playable. The console versions sound like an early access game. And the company knew that before selling copies. It's why they didn't allow console reviews.

By consoles, you mean last gen consoles. Have not had many issues with running the game on the new gen consoles .
bluefire579
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Chase McGuire said:

People built up their own hype around this game and created expectations that CDPR would never be able to meet. Of course, this kind of reaction seems to have become such a norm that it's unsurprising that it is happening, which is a sad thing to say.
Chase McGuire
Sure, but last gen consoles are still 99% of the console player base. And the next gen consoles just run the last gen version in backwards compatibility mode, right?
YNWA_AG
AG
Xbox series x runs it on a more advanced mode than the ps5, but basically backwards compatibility
Chase McGuire
Gotcha. Fact remains they sold a fairly broken game to a large number of people that comprise a huge portion of their total sales. And now they're saying, "Oh, we should have paid better attention to that. (But we totally knew because it's our product and we didn't allow reviews on those platforms)."

Shady as **** from a business standpoint.
YouBet
AG
Sounds like my previous comment was justified.

Also, I bought this game for my nephew. Looks like I'll be keeping it for myself and getting him something else based dick sizing features. Lol.
Ryan34
AG

YouBet
AG
Ryan34 said:

easttexasaggie04
AG
How will this game perform on my XBox One X? It'll probably be another year or so before I upgrade to the Series X.
wangus12
AG
I've had one crash and couple bugs, but nothing close to game breaking. Haven't spent a ton of time in the world, but its decent. I wish I had a PC to really see the graphics on this, but I'll definitely replay it again when I get a Series X
easttexasaggie04
AG
So it isn't so horrible it's not worth buying on the One X?
KidDoc
AG
Ryan34 said:

Good lord this generation is something else.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YNWA_AG
DallasTeleAg
I have voiced my opinions on this game, already. Again, I am not playing on a last gen console, but I don't understand this level of backlash. I also am not one who has been looking forward to playing it for over 5 years. I preordered in January because it looked interesting.

I will always prefer fantasy RPG's to FPS RPG's, so I'm not mad. I still think it is a very good game. It was NEVER going to live up to the outrageous expectations people put on it. The Witcher 3 had to go through its round of updates before it became what it is, now.

TBH, I would rather be playing what it is now than waiting another year to play the game.
KidDoc
AG
Have they announced if they are adding DLC later like they did with Witcher 3? The add ons for Witcher were amazingly well done.

I may just wait for a game of the year edition- mostly playing Skyrim VR at the moment anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasTeleAg
During development, they said the only payable DLC they planned to release would be of a size similar to that of the Witcher 3 DLC.
BenFiasco14
AG
FYI - /r/LowSodiumCyberpunk is a non circle jerk hate hive mind sub where people are actually discussing the game.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm at that stage where I want to download this game tonight but I have it on my Amazon wish list so I might as well wait another two weeks But maybe I'll get some good patches if I wait!
91_Aggie
AG
Hard to get through all the noise with console people pissed off.
I need a review just about PC version on a high end PC as God intended this type of game to be played on.

Whats the verdict on that?
ja86
AG
No problems on a pc running ultra settings. Only issue I have is that the scanning mode gets stuck on sometimes.
tamusc
AG
Some bugs, but playable and gorgeous with most decent hardware plus the ability to really take advantage of high end hardware to look amazing.
AustinAg2K
I've watched a couple videos on YouTube, and from what I can tell, even on a high end PC you'll hit more than an average number of bugs, but they all seem to be pretty minor and more something to laugh at than ruin your game play.

PS5 looks pretty decent, but not as good as PC. I doubt most console owners will complain about the PS5 version

PS4 is absolute garbage from what I've seen. When there are a lot of NPCs on the screen, it looks like PS3 level graphics.

Really, they should have made this a next gen game only. It would have been pretty good marketing for Sony and Microsoft, too. Right now there really isn't a game on the next gen consoles that really says here's why you need to upgrade. This could be that game.

For me, the game looks pretty cool, but I've pretty much decided there's no way I can play it with young kids in the house. I'll probably have to wait a few years, so hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked by then...
goodAg80
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I've watched a couple videos on YouTube, and from what I can tell, even on a high end PC you'll hit more than an average number of bugs, but they all seem to be pretty minor and more something to laugh at than ruin your game play.

PS5 looks pretty decent, but not as good as PC. I doubt most console owners will complain about the PS5 version

PS4 is absolute garbage from what I've seen. When there are a lot of NPCs on the screen, it looks like PS3 level graphics.

Really, they should have made this a next gen game only. It would have been pretty good marketing for Sony and Microsoft, too. Right now there really isn't a game on the next gen consoles that really says here's why you need to upgrade. This could be that game.

For me, the game looks pretty cool, but I've pretty much decided there's no way I can play it with young kids in the house. I'll probably have to wait a few years, so hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked by then...
How does it look on older PC's?
Not a Bot
AG
I bought it digitally on PS4 Pro. I'll probably do the return thing and pick it back up later. The concept is great, but it is a little bit janky at times.

***Well, never mind. Despite some people being able to return the games on PS4, Sony will only allow it if you haven't downloaded the game yet.
bbattbq01
AG
ja86 said:

No problems on a pc running ultra settings. Only issue I have is that the scanning mode gets stuck on sometimes.

Caps lock.
tamusc
AG
Reach out to CDPR directly if you want a refund. They have an email in the tweet below.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.