*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,823 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

AtlAg05 said:

How do you figure that?

Because the AMD Big Navi GPU architecture is being debuted in the consoles rather than in the PC market and by all accounts is a pretty big performance jump over current PC graphics processing.

This is is dumb. To create a console the specs and parts have to be designed and ordered too far in advance for there to not already be newer stuff available for PC by then.

This is just wishful thinking by console kiddies.
91_Aggie
AG
Yep. Amd big navi rumored release date is october.
Plus both Nvidia and Intel releasing comparable answers to AMD this year as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/amd-big_navi-rdna2-all-we-know

Maybe, just maybe, consoles released a month before available for PC, so maybe enjoy being slightly better for 30 days. Then PCs get same. Then 30 days later already better cards will be available for PC while console stuck with that original GPU for 5 years
EastSideAg2002
Delayed again
Pman17
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Delayed again

Lol, after they went gold!

I give up, I'm not playing this game till the next gen update.
wangus12
AG
Only delayed till December, most likely because the first patch was gonna be massive so the game was gonna release broken probably. Kinda like Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I've decided on getting AC: Valhalla instead and waiting on Cyberpunk
DallasTeleAg
Yep. Looks like this is what I'm going to do, as well. Gives me a full month to play Valhalla.

This is getting old. I get not releasing a game until it's ready, but get a little better about projecting the dates. At the end of the day, it's not like they are going to suffer any from this. Everyone who pre-ordered is still just going to wait longer on their pre-order.
wangus12
AG
I'm starting to get concerned for CD Projekt Red. I know its not the biggest studio out there and it sounds like they are working their developers into the ground trying to get this thing. I know a lot of studios do this in the crunch, but it seems like they've been doing for the last 2 years with Cyberpunk. Not a good way to keep good employees around.
bluefire579
AG
Pman17 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Delayed again

Gold only means that they passed cert with first party. Passing cert often includes issues Microsoft or Sony flags as required for day 1 patch, which is what they've been working on since then.

I'd rather they take the time and get it as clean as possible than have a broken game with an earlier release date.
bluefire579
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm starting to get concerned for CD Projekt Red. I know its not the biggest studio out there and it sounds like they are working their developers into the ground trying to get this thing. I know a lot of studios do this in the crunch, but it seems like they've been doing for the last 2 years with Cyberpunk. Not a good way to keep good employees around.
From everything I've seen, the crunch part is a more recent development. It's also worth pointing out that crunch in a European country, while not ideal for anyone, is not the death march that crunch at a dev studio here would be.
bbattbq01
AG
It's happening!
wangus12
AG
Excited, but anticipating it being buggy as hell. There's already a 40+ gb day 1 patch
DallasTeleAg
Dayum. That's quite the patch.

Anyone hear on when the PS5 patch is due?
bbattbq01
AG
wangus12 said:

Excited, but anticipating it being buggy as hell. There's already a 40+ gb day 1 patch

They've said that's not even the day one patch, it's not released yet. Fun downloads, as long as Steam pulls them in time to play Wednesday evening I don't care!

I'm hopeful it isn't tooooooo buggy, they've had long enough to work on it!
jr15aggie
AG
Waiting for Series X patch!
Cromagnum
AG
bluefire579 said:

Pman17 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Delayed again

Gold only means that they passed cert with first party. Passing cert often includes issues Microsoft or Sony flags as required for day 1 patch, which is what they've been working on since then.

I'd rather they take the time and get it as clean as possible than have a broken game with an earlier release date.

Gone are the days when a game arrives ready to play without massive day 1 patches and issues. This goes 10x if it has a big online component to it.
flakrat
AG
My Steam version started preloading an hour ago, 32GB of 57.33GB, whoop.

Game unlocks for me Wed at 9PM 7PM
bbattbq01
AG
Steam has me all preloaded and ready to roll.

Where do you live to have a 9pm unlock time?
YNWA_AG
AG
Currently a 90 on metacritic after 32 reviews.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
A 9 from IGN.
wangus12
AG
Reviews are saying the main storyline is only 15-20 hours long. Shockingly short compared to the Witcher 3
AirplaneAg09
AG

6PM CST for PC it looks like. Preload is already done on Steam this morning. Let's get it!
Prime0882
AG
IGN stated that bugs are a big issue in its current state. Seems to be a hallmark of CD Projekt Red games since I remember The Witcher 1 and 2 needed a lot of care after their release to work out a ton of bugs. So much so they released definitive versions later on for each game after they continued to make changes.
wangus12
AG
I did read that most reviewers didn't get the patched version they we are all supposed to get, so hopefully some of it is smoothed out
flakrat
AG
wangus12 said:

Reviews are saying the main storyline is only 15-20 hours long. Shockingly short compared to the Witcher 3
This seems promising a prematurely uploaded review by YouTuber Dreamcastguy has spilled the beans on those details in response to the 21 hour main story line

Quote:

The reviewer did mention, however, that all said, there's easily over a hundred hours of gameplay in the game, which falls in line with what recent reports have suggested as well.

The main campaign is supposed to be "a slice" of what's on offer in the entire game, while the quality of the major side quests is allegedly on par with the main story itself (which isn't too surprising, considering CD Projekt RED's pedigree). The side quests also seem to vary quite a bit in tone and style, "from hunting down a ring of murderers to getting a tattoo while drunk."

WES2006AG
AG
jr15aggie said:

My understanding is they have said sometime in 2021 for the next-gen patch. have they been any more specific yet? I am excited to play this but I think I want to wait for the patch...
dcaggie04
AG
WES2006AG said:

jr15aggie said:

My understanding is they have said sometime in 2021 for the next-gen patch. have they been any more specific yet? I am excited to play this but I think I want to wait for the patch...

I haven't seen anything with a specific date yet. With the multiple paths you can run in the game, I'll do one run through as is, then do a second different one when the next gen updates come out.
YNWA_AG
AG
All we know is that different teams are working on the Witcher 3 and cyberpunk next gen patch
jr15aggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

jr15aggie said:

IGNs review: 9 out 10.

Review Title: A beautiful cityscape with a staggering amount of choice (and a few too many bugs).

My verdict: Yup, I'll wait till it's a 10 (bug fixes) and with next gen upgrades!

FatZilla
AG
WES2006AG said:

jr15aggie said:

They said Day 1 patch for next gen on PS5 in the messages surrounding the last delay.
https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-upgrade-patch-xbox-day-one/
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
dcaggie04
AG
FatZilla said:

WES2006AG said:

jr15aggie said:

They said Day 1 patch for next gen on PS5 in the messages surrounding the last delay.
https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-upgrade-patch-xbox-day-one/

The day one patch will have some stuff for both next gen consoles.
flakrat
AG
Just checked Steam and there's a Cyberpunk 2077 download scheduled for later this morning (10:32 ET). No indication of size yet....

Doh, didn't realize that was only 2 minutes away,

Disregard, it appears to be a placeholder that is always 2 minutes away. Presumably this is the day one patch. Hopefully they push this out before go time tomorrow evening.
AgDev01
AG
Cromagnum said:

Gone are the days when a game arrives ready to play without massive day 1 patches and issues. This goes 10x if it has a big online component to it.

Better than the days where you have to wait for an expansion to be released to get a patch, or get a disk by mail/magazine.
bbattbq01
AG
AgDev01 said:

Cromagnum said:

Better than the days where you have to wait for an expansion to be released to get a patch, or get a disk by mail/magazine.

This.

There is some nostalgia for it, but man we're in a better world now where devs keep working on games after release.
KidDoc
AG
I'm excited for this one as Witcher 3 is my all time favorite. I expect it to be very buggy so have no intention of starting for at least the next several months.

Thankfully I have a nice back log of VR games to play, and I just finished downloading a big mod wabbajack for Skyrim VR so that should keep my nerdy side happy while they fix Cyberpunk!

I plan to get the PC version and use my virtual desktop with quest2 as a "monitor". Playing Witcher 3 yet again with this setup and I did it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bbattbq01
AG
24 hours! Excited to take my new graphics card for a spin!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.