*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,859 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recommend doing that quest... big time. It opens up so many other side quest missions as well as giving you the vehicle that I still prefer at level 35, street cred 50.

It is a HUGE story moment.
DallasTeleAg
Had to post again for emphasis. Do. That. Quest.

My game would have been SO completely different if I hadn't done that quest. I have done two quest chains with very interesting characters in game that would have never even been available without completing that quest and a couple after. They aren't, go here and kill this guy or steal this thing. They actually have stories behind them.

Panam has been my favorite NPC, at this point, followed by Ward and Judy. All three have some great character development throughout the questlines.
tamusc
AG
Haha, I will. Just wanted to get a feel for how I liked to play and have a nice little boost power wise before progressing the story.
DallasTeleAg
So... was doing some crafting and being all types of mad I have to spend ever dollar I make on crafting materials... until I realized a way around that.

With the various perks I have in crafting, I can just craft as many weapon or armor mods as I want. Some of them turn out uncommon, some rare, and some epic. They only cost 7 common items components and 2 uncommon item components.

Disassembling what I get out of that gives me so many uncommon, rare, and epic item components. I wonder if this is intended or if it's something they are going to fix. Takes some time to do all this, but it basically allows me to keep upgrading my gear without having to constantly buy components.
Wildmen03
AG
I haven't sold a weapon or a piece of clothing since the first day I played the gamed. It's way more valuable to me to disassemble an item for its components than the few bucks I'd get for it.

A super handy perk is the one that lets you collect the mods from a disassembled item.
DallasTeleAg
Me too. What I started doing is not just disassembling gear. I am crafting the armor/weapon mods and then disassembling those.

It literally turns those common and uncommon mats into rare and epic ones.
FatZilla
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Me too. What I started doing is not just disassembling gear. I am crafting the armor/weapon mods and then disassembling those.

It literally turns those common and uncommon mats into rare and epic ones.

Craft your recovery items to disassemble. Only take common and uncommon to make, give up to epic for example for the epic ones when broken down.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
DallasTeleAg
So, just did a quest that I think epitomizes Cyberpunk 2077.

I found a garage on the map that had a busted up motorcycle and a computer. Led me on a mystery to find the missing woman in a photo that was in the garage. First, had to find the guy, then the woman, then find where she hid something, and then used a hint she gave for the passcode to get in.

The premise of this quest seems great. I love a quest that actually makes me think and figure things out. I love looking for a location based on clues and not a quest icon on the map. This is one of the many reasons I loved Morrowind.

I used the clues in the photo for find the guy. Great; I'm having fun with this. Then the guy gives me a clue as to where the woman may have gone... literally over 4-5 hours of playtime later, I decide, "**** this. I'm never going to find her." I look up the quest online and, apparently, she is nearly impossible to find without just lucking across her.

The guy said she probably headed south of Japantown on the mono Red line. That was my clue.
  • Nowhere in the game are the monorail lines marked. There is no way to know the path of any of the lines.
  • "South" of Japantown could literally be anywhere on the lower half of the map, and in the city.
  • There are no clues outside of any of the marked mono entrances/exits on the map.
  • Apparently, the clues start outside an unmarked monorail entrance/exit that there is no way to know exists unless you happen across it.

The rest of the clues were possible to follow and figure out. So I ended up with 75% of a quest that was fun and engaging. The 25% in the middle was frustrating and time wasting. They obviously meant to buildout the monorail system in the game, and decided to either not do it or put it off. This basically leads to a quest that is nearly impossible to complete unless you look it up, online.

I just had to post this because it illustrates how this game has such potential, but it is obviously incomplete.
Geralt of Rivia
S
That's a lot of words
BenFiasco14
AG
Frustrating. What was the name of the quest?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
The Highwayman
Not a Bot
AG
Anyone else request a refund through the Sony store? How long did it take to process?
Prime0882
AG
Think I am going to let this one sit on the shelf until CD Project Red puts out the free PS5 upgrade. I've been playing their games since the first Witcher game on PC and they've always needed a bit of time to fix bugs and polish their games.

The Witcher 3 was their smoothest release of all the games I have played from the company and that looks like it was an outlier and not the norm. Hopefully in another six months this will be a pretty good experience on consoles.
bluefire579
AG
Prime0882 said:

Think I am going to let this one sit on the shelf until CD Project Red puts out the free PS5 upgrade. I've been playing their games since the first Witcher game on PC and they've always needed a bit of time to fix bugs and polish their games.

The Witcher 3 was their smoothest release of all the games I have played from the company and that looks like it was an outlier and not the norm. Hopefully in another six months this will be a pretty good experience on consoles.
The Witcher 3 was also super buggy on launch (you can search back and see articles about about pretty easily). CDPR just put a lot of work into fixing the bugs post release, as well as releasing DLC, but that's easily forgotten looking at the game now.
WES2006AG
AG
I played the first 5 hours and got to the title screen. I enjoyed it on the Series X but ran into enough bugs that I am just going to shelve it until they release the next gen patch for Xbox.
Prime0882
AG
bluefire579 said:

Prime0882 said:

The Witcher 3 was also super buggy on launch (you can search back and see articles about about pretty easily). CDPR just put a lot of work into fixing the bugs post release, as well as releasing DLC, but that's easily forgotten looking at the game now.
You are correct in that it was still buggy, but, I remember it being a beautiful game and still pretty playable compared to 2077. That stream of free DLCs right out of the gate helped.

Even on a PS4 Pro I thought the 2077 game world looked pretty bland compared to The Witcher 3.
bluefire579
AG
Prime0882 said:

bluefire579 said:

Prime0882 said:

You are correct in that it was still buggy, but, I remember it being a beautiful game and still pretty playable compared to 2077. That stream of free DLCs right out of the gate helped.

Even on a PS4 Pro I thought the 2077 game world looked pretty bland compared to The Witcher 3.
Ah, definitely a system thing then. I played both on PC, so I certainly haven't seen the kinds of issues that console players, particularly PS4 players, have seen. Honestly, they would have been better off not even trying for last gen consoles. I worked on a game 3 years ago that was on both PC and PS4, and even back then, it was essentially set to the lowest graphical settings to run on PS4, and Pro only improved it a little bit.
Wildmen03
AG
I've got "228" hours on my PC version. Though most of that is being paused while I took care of other stuff.

I'm also on my second playthrough. First was Nomad Male, now I'm Corpo female.

I switched it to Hard from Normal mode this time around and it almost completely changed the game for me. Much more challenging up to level 30+, then it got to where I was not dying all the time and could clear a room easily enough. But I pretty much died from one-hit kills up to that point.
bbattbq01
AG
I "beat" it the other day. Forced myself to rush through just so I could get an ending before I accidentally run across any spoilers. Was only level 23 when I finished. Don't think they did as good a job as Witcher 3 or AC does of leading you around the map and getting you interested in side quests.

Game looks great on PC, it's fun to play... that said there are plenty of glitches and I'm going to wait until they've put out a few patches before I play through again.
schmendeler
AG
I didn't read the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, but I didn't want to create another cyberpunk thread, either. Sorry if this had already been addressed, but when should most of the kinks be worked out so someone on a PS4 can have a decent experience? I got the game for Christmas but have held off playing it because I'm in no rush to get started on it if it's broken as is. I saw that there were some much publicized issues with the game at launch so I was hoping the coming updates would fix it. Is the one this month expected to do that? I think there's also one coming in February?
Thanks!
tamusc
AG
There's going to be a number of patches being released over the next few months. Honestly, based on what CDPR has said the patches should do and what they actually do, you'll probably just want to wait until there's feedback from actual players and reviewers before taking the plunge.

If you're playing on a base PS4 and you have something else to play, I'd just plan on the end of February or so, but check back after each patch.
schmendeler
AG
Ok that's fine. I'm a very infrequent gamer. I'll just check back in some time in February. Thanks.
BenFiasco14
AG
schmendeler said:

I didn't read the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, but I didn't want to create another cyberpunk thread, either. Sorry if this had already been addressed, but when should most of the kinks be worked out so someone on a PS4 can have a decent experience? I got the game for Christmas but have held off playing it because I'm in no rush to get started on it if it's broken as is. I saw that there were some much publicized issues with the game at launch so I was hoping the coming updates would fix it. Is the one this month expected to do that? I think there's also one coming in February?
Thanks!

Tbh, I would just wait until you have a next gen system to play the game. It plays almost flawlessly on my Xbox Series X.
schmendeler
AG
That's likely years away. I'm patient but I don't know if I want to wait that long.
C@LAg
tamusc said:

There's going to be a number of patches being released over the next few months. Honestly, based on what CDPR has said the patches should do and what they actually do, you'll probably just want to wait until there's feedback from actual players and reviewers before taking the plunge.

If you're playing on a base PS4 and you have something else to play, I'd just plan on the end of February or so, but check back after each patch.
honestly, there are enough hints that it might never be actually reasonably playable on PS4/XB1 without significant compromises.

I think suggesting February is way too optimistic for last gen systems based on everyhtign that is wrong with those versions.
DallasTeleAg
It runs without issue on the PS5, except for at least 1 crash an hour. I would venture to say more than 1 crash an hour. I know that if I am riding my motorcycle more than 2Km, I will most likely crash before I get to my destination.
FatZilla
AG
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DJWBYKP

https://slickdeals.net/f/14778823-cyberpunk-2077-standard-edition-steelbook-case-ps4-ps5-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-30-free-curbside-pickup

On sale for $30 at Amazon and Best Buy.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
DallasTeleAg
Wow. Imagine if someone told you, back in August, that one of the most anticipated games of the decade would be discounted just over a month after it was released.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Now is it safe to say this is the worst videogame rollout ever? Taking into account how anticipated it was, how well-documented and widely reported on it was, and the aftermath (not long or mid term) literally as DallasTeleAg said, one month later. Disastrous.
bluefire579
AG
Seems to be part of a bigger sale. AC: Valhalla is at the same price and Watch Dogs is discounted even further.

This has become a fairly common practice in games - hell, you see games less than a month old discounted for Black Friday - and is typically at the behest of the third party vendor, not the publisher.

Case in point, it's still full price on Steam and still in their top sellers list.
WES2006AG
AG
The fact that the price hasn't dropped on Steam is likely more to do with the fact that they don't have physical copies sitting on shelves like regular retailers so there is less incentive to offer discounts.
bluefire579
AG
WES2006AG said:

The fact that the price hasn't dropped on Steam is likely more to do with the fact that they don't have physical copies sitting on shelves like regular retailers so there is less incentive to offer discounts.
Hence my mentioning it's the vendor, not the publisher doing that price drop. Either way, it's an Amazon decision, not a CDPR decision, and it coincides with other recent games receiving similar price drops. Hardly evidence of the most disastrous launch of all time, or even top 10 for that matter.
MGS
WES2006AG said:

That and the fact that the disc-based games can't be used with the Xbox Series S and Playstation V Digital Edition.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
There aren't 10 releases worse than Cyberpunk. Stop it.
bluefire579
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

There aren't 10 releases worse than Cyberpunk. Stop it.
Daikatana
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Diablo 3
No Man's Sky
Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Final Fantasy 14
Anthem
Sim City
Mass Effect Andromeda

People just have short memories and hyped this one beyond belief. Every bad release is worse than the forgotten one before it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.