******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

43,171 Views | 808 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup yup and yup!

Agreed that making the playoffs shouldn't be a problem. I think the biggest issue that Dallas, SF, & Detroit have is that we all have to play each other (because we all won our divisions last year). That leaves the door wide open for Philly who has a much easier 2nd place schedule.

Unfortunately for us, if Philly ends up as the #1 seed we don't even get a home playoff game no matter how good our record is (SF & Detroit don't have this problem). So unless Philly implodes again this year (fingers crossed) we really need to sweep them! That Dec 29 game @ Philly will probably be our most important and nastiest game of the season.
Daveintx
NEVER put it past New York or Washington to find some way to bumble their way into a win
jr15aggie
AG
Daveintx said:

NEVER put it past New York or Washington to find some way to bumble their way into a win
As long as it's against Philly and not us, I'll allow it!

I just hope we absolutely destroy DQ's defense in Washington. Like put up 40+ in both meetings!
ramblin_ag02
AG
I want some of what you guys are smoking. It was a good win last week, but it's a long season.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I want some of what you guys are smoking. It was a good win last week, but it's a long season.
Nobody is smoking anything homie... I don't see any posts making bold predictions. We are just looking at what the season might hold for Dallas.

Last time I checked, we haven't exactly had much to celebrate in the post season, so you'll have to forgive us for having a good time the week after a really nice regular season victory!
STX Ag
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

barring Dak going down.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!
Infection_Ag11
AG
Daveintx said:

Say what you want about Dak, but he pretty much never loses to NFC East teams when Dallas is better. Dallas hasn't lost a game against the Giants that he started since his rookie year in 2016. Other than the Washington game at the end of 2022 hes pretty automatic in those games.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double aught
AG
jr15aggie said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Nobody is smoking anything homie... I don't see any posts making bold predictions. We are just looking at what the season might hold for Dallas.

Last time I checked, we haven't exactly had much to celebrate in the post season, so you'll have to forgive us for having a good time the week after a really nice regular season victory!
" 10 wins and a playoff berth are pretty much a sure thing" is a pretty bold prediction after one game. In my book.
Infection_Ag11
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I mean, it's pretty hard to look at that schedule with this team and find more than 7 losses. They'd have to lose all the big 5 (Philly x2, Baltimore, Detroit and SF) and at least 3 of NO, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Houston and TB. That's a tough sell for a team with a very good QB and an elite defense.
Infection_Ag11
AG
double aught said:

jr15aggie said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

" 10 wins and a playoff berth are pretty much a sure thing" is a pretty bold prediction after one game. In my book.

For a team that has won 10 or more games in all but one year in which Dak didn't get injured, and 12 wins in each of the last 3 years with basically this same roster?

I guess you and I have different definitions of bold. It's not like that game happened in a vacuum, Dallas as currently constructed is a pretty well understood product.
Infection_Ag11
AG
STX Ag said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

barring Dak going down.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!

I just mean it's pretty much the only thing that has kept them from playoff contention since he was drafted. Even the 2017 and 2019 teams were in it until the final week of the season.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm starting to wonder if Carolina will go winless this season. Been listening to some evaluation of the Saints and they honestly sound like a bottom 3rd team that we thought they were... and they blew the doors of Carolina.

Sounds like NO did some nice things on offense with their scheme, but their defense appears to have a bunch of JAGs... mixture of guys that aren't anything special or are past their prime vets.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Bryce Young- no bueno so far.
Danny Vermin
I hope the players remember the Arizona game from last year. Terrible effort against a bad team.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Their offense is the dollar store version of Shanahan's in SF
jr15aggie
AG
Boy, this whole Tua situation really puts Dak's contract into perspective.

I can understand why they gave him $53 million per season, but they definitely should NOT have guaranteed over half of it considering his concussion history.

But this is exactly what we were talking about... These QBs are going to get paid. If your team doesn't want to do it then somebody else will.
ramblin_ag02
AG
At least they didn't name the stadium after him
BassCowboy33
98Ag99Grad said:

Bryce Young- no bueno so far.

I'm afraid he might go the way of David Carr, playing on a team so bad that we'll never get to see how good he can be. Aikman talks all the time about guys who could've had good careers but got drafted into impossible situations.
Infection_Ag11
AG
David Carr at least had the measurables. Literally everything about Bryce Young screamed bust. He had all of the deficiencies that Russell Wilson did with almost none of the intriguing upside.
BassCowboy33
Infection_Ag11 said:

David Carr at least had the measurables. Literally everything about Bryce Young screamed bust. He had all of the deficiencies that Russell Wilson did with almost none of the intriguing upside.

The path to being a bust is paved with excellent measurables.

Still plenty of time to figure it out if Carolina could ever build a team around him.
FireAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Cowboys open as 6.5 favorites over the Saints

I'll be there yelling as loud as I can. The Saints looked awfully good week 1, but the Panthers looked equally pathetic. Most people expected NO to be a bottom 1/3 team this year... my hope/expectation going in is that Dak and the offense light it up and the defense pins it's ears back.

I will too…my company is based in Irving and have season tickets…on the 50 yard line…first deck…apparently with access to the club and tunnel where the team takes the field…

Kinda giddy about it…been to a game at Texas Stadium, but this will be my first at AT&T…
jr15aggie
AG
FireAg said:

jr15aggie said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Cowboys open as 6.5 favorites over the Saints

I'll be there yelling as loud as I can. The Saints looked awfully good week 1, but the Panthers looked equally pathetic. Most people expected NO to be a bottom 1/3 team this year... my hope/expectation going in is that Dak and the offense light it up and the defense pins it's ears back.

I will too…my company is based in Irving and have season tickets…on the 50 yard line…first deck…apparently with access to the club and tunnel where the team takes the field…

Kinda giddy about it…been to a game at Texas Stadium, but this will be my first at AT&T…

Dude, that's awesome. One of my suppliers is in Dallas and I get tickets every 2 or 3 years. They are upper deck around 20 yard line, but it's still a blast.

I've been to several games at AT&T over the years. My favorite was the playoff game against the Eagles years ago (when Romo was rill QB). We beat the dog out of Philly! There were these Asian tourists sitting behind us and boy did they love to high five after Cowboy TDs. Great time!

Enjoy the great seats and let's BTHO NO!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Only game I've been to my buddy had seats from a client and they were ground level in the end zone. Dez caught a TD about 10 yards from us, some cheerleaders came around the 3rd and took pics with us, and was open bar. Completely ruined me for any other tickets. Also was the game when Murray got his first start and ran wild over the Rams. Awesome day.
Danny Vermin
JR, if you are reading this, start the thread. We keep streaks going around here
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Yup yup and yup!

Agreed that making the playoffs shouldn't be a problem. I think the biggest issue that Dallas, SF, & Detroit have is that we all have to play each other (because we all won our divisions last year). That leaves the door wide open for Philly who has a much easier 2nd place schedule.

Unfortunately for us, if Philly ends up as the #1 seed we don't even get a home playoff game no matter how good our record is (SF & Detroit don't have this problem). So unless Philly implodes again this year (fingers crossed) we really need to sweep them! That Dec 29 game @ Philly will probably be our most important and nastiest game of the season.
This post didn't age well. We don't look like a playoff team anymore. Getting run out of the building by this awful team. Good lord.
Medaggie
Elite D and guaranteed playoff? You guys don't want much NFL. There are no guarantees.

Dak has never and will never win anything. He has had better teams and still loses. Why they gave him the biggest contract is a huge mistake.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Everything we were worried about in preseason showed up today. No run game, O line getting mauled, poor LB play, then Dak turned into hero Dak at the end. Cowboys have to sign or trade for a true RB1, none of the guys on the roster are the answer
Tksymm7
AG
Dallas needs a defensive line, and I think that's problems 1A, 1B and 1C. We have been whipping boys on the line for years, and today was just another example. Until we seriously invest into that area, we'll be the same team.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Dallas needs a defensive line, and I think that's problems 1A, 1B and 1C. We have been whipping boys on the line for years, and today was just another example. Until we seriously invest into that area, we'll be the same team.
This might be the worst front 7 in the NFL rn. The secondary is pretty good but when the QB has 3-5 business days in the pocket he's gonna find an open receiver
dave94
AG
Medaggie said:

Elite D and guaranteed playoff? You guys don't want much NFL. There are no guarantees.

Dak has never and will never win anything. He has had better teams and still loses. Why they gave him the biggest contract is a huge mistake.

The Dak haters come out as usual. Today was zero about his play and 100% about the sieve of a defense.
FireAg
AG
dave94 said:

Medaggie said:

The Dak haters come out as usual. Today was zero about his play and 100% about the sieve of a defense.

Watched it in person from the 50…

NO was 3 steps ahead of Zim's D from the get go…

Zim had no clue what to do…
TyHolden
AG
FireAg said:

dave94 said:

Medaggie said:

just like GB game last year.
FightinFarrier18
AG
TyHolden said:

FireAg said:

dave94 said:

Medaggie said:

New coaches, new personnel, nothing is going to change with this front office
TyHolden
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

TyHolden said:

FireAg said:

dave94 said:

Medaggie said:

New coaches, new personnel, nothing is going to change with this front office
I get that. It felt like that game though. We were blown away at the very beginning and couldn't adjust. We had at least 3 games like that last year. We're an average team. We make the playoffs because 2 of the teams in the East are absolute garbage.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When the offense can basically bulldoze your crappy DL and LB talent, there are only so many things a DC can do. Between Quinn and Zimmer, that's two of the brighter defensive minds in football for the past 20 years, but there are only so many answers when your front 7 can't play basic fundamental defense

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.