***The Office - Season 4***

38,844 Views | 700 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
Professional Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I recall correctly, last year they acted like they took a break. Therefore Pam can go to her school over the summer and be back for the fall season, still wondering if Jim will propose.
Worm01
AG
I can't believe no one has mentioned possibly the funniest line of the season:

"I hate HR. I believe it's a breeding ground for Monsters."
SeanDaAg2005
AG
When Ryan got arrested, I thought Jim would definitely get his job.

I thought it would be hilarious if the episode ended exactly the same way as last year's... Jim turns to Pam and says, "You and me, we're done." They could even play it off like it didn't happen, Arrested Development style.

I doubt the producers would want to deal with all the hatemail, though.

[This message has been edited by SeanDaAg2005 (edited 5/16/2008 10:24a).]
double aught
AG
I can't find Ryan's arrest on YouTube.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
And whoever said the British Office is not funny at all....well, im not saying its not funny, im just saying i can sit through 4 episodes and never crack a smile....so yeah, not very funny.
That's British comedy from top to bottom. Three people in the room won't laugh or even smile once during an entire episode, and the fourth person won't stop laughing for 30 minutes straight. You just have to be the type of person that enjoys British comedy... it's not for everyone.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
Holly was very obviously coming on to him at the end of the episode and he was too stupid to realize it.
I'm not sure it was Michael who was too stupid to realize what was going on, chief. He didn't respond to her come-ons because of the Jan thing. That's why he called to tell her he was going to go to Lamaze with her.

Maybe some his stupidity is just a reflection of the stupidity of the audience . . .
schmendeler
AG
i just figured he was playing it cool like jim told him.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
i just figured he was playing it cool like jim told him.

That was actually my thought at the time. Since Michael does everything to the extreme, I thought he would rebuff and ignore any sort of advance Holly made, in an attempt to "play it cool" that goes to far and eventually comes off looking like he hates her.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Michael and cool should never be associated with each other. He was still in shock over the pregnancy.
old-Rudyjax
Did I post this last night?

It's Hunters baby.
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
Some great subtleness in the episode...

Like Meredith playing solitaire on her computer in the background. Even when Michael and Holly are standing right behind her.
old-Rudyjax
Wouldn't it be cool if someone had Texags in the background?

TCTTS, make it happen!
c-jags
quote:
Did I post this last night?

It's Hunters baby.

i said the same thing.
keithd03
Why am I drawing a blank on who Hunter is. He's not Michael's buddy in sales is he? The actor from Anchorman, Dueks of Hazard, etc...

[This message has been edited by keithd03 (edited 5/16/2008 12:27p).]
tejas87
I don't remember exactly, but did they ever show Angela's body? Towards the end of the episode I remembered how she just gave birth 2 weeks ago, so I was wondering if she was showing. I only remember her shots being from the neck up. I thought her face looked like she had gained some weight.
gravy97
AG
Hunter was Jan's old assistant whose CD she kept playing at the dinner party
keithd03
Thanks gravy
Jimmie Dimmick
quote:
I don't remember exactly, but did they ever show Angela's body? Towards the end of the episode I remembered how she just gave birth 2 weeks ago, so I was wondering if she was showing. I only remember her shots being from the neck up. I thought her face looked like she had gained some weight.

Not really. They kept her seated and somewhat hidden pretty much the entire episode, and her face deifnitely was a little more pudgy.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Why am I drawing a blank on who Hunter is. He's not Michael's buddy in sales is he? The actor from Anchorman, Dueks of Hazard, etc...
nope, that's Todd Packer
'03ag
what has two thumbs and hates todd packer . . .
Dr. Teeth
AG
Hunter was Jan's assistant and, later, a recording artist.
tamuags08
AG
quote:
Wouldn't it be cool if someone had Texags in the background?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
what has two thumbs and hates todd packer . . .

that might be the only way i can remember his name
c-jags
little trivia....

todd packer and roy were in a movie Out Cold back in the day.... one of the funniest movies I remember from my teens.
keithd03
Wasn't Roy the gay bartender?
JAggie2007
AG
Yeah, he was also the deaf tight end in The Replacements.
Seven Costanza
AG
They've been "cleverly" hiding Angela's body all year.
walton91
Do you want an M&M? I keep them here at my desk so that everybody doesn't take them.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Found Ryan's YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4IxwuL_zmU
Quad Dog
AG
Anybody see Steve Carell on SNL?
The Japanese version of The Office was great.

Typical Texags poster: "Office sucks, the British version is better."
My reply from now on: "The Japanese version was even better than that."
http://gawker.com/5009573/japans-version-of-the-office
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
That's British comedy from top to bottom. Three people in the room won't laugh or even smile once during an entire episode, and the fourth person won't stop laughing for 30 minutes straight. You just have to be the type of person that enjoys British comedy... it's not for everyone.

now, i like a lot of British comedy, but what you just described is that deutschbag that thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room even though the show probably is not funny at all.
20ag07
^ Does not apply to this show, like Arrested Development, for example (which yes, anyone who doesn't get is still an idiot). Here, it's a simple matter of your taste for awkward humor. If you think dry, awkward humor is hillarious, you will love Gervais's Office. If you don't find hillarity in cringe-inducing situations, you won't enjoy the show at all.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
The SNL sketch is awesome!

RE: British vs. American Office:

David Brent >> Michael Scott
Rest of supporting cast in American version >>> Supporting cast in British version

Each version is great in its own way, but the casting is overall stronger in the American version, IMO, and that makes a big difference.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
quote:
now, i like a lot of British comedy, but what you just described is that deutschbag that IS smarter than everyone in the room.

FIFY if the show is the British office.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
^ Does not apply to this show, like Arrested Development, for example (which yes, anyone who doesn't get is still an idiot). Here, it's a simple matter of your taste for awkward humor. If you think dry, awkward humor is hillarious, you will love Gervais's Office. If you don't find hillarity in cringe-inducing situations, you won't enjoy the show at all.

oh i think the British Office is frigging hilarious. i was talking in generalities.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.