***The Office - Season 4***

40,128 Views | 700 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
tylercsbn9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM goes the dynamite.
HoustonAg05
AG
Greatness
Professional Ag
The alarm was the one Michael set for the end of the day when he'd be rid of Toby.

I thought it was a good season finale.
Farmer1906
AG
May 15, 10:00 PM

Is Toby the subject of the spinoff?

Toby has left Dunder Mifflin and is going to Costa Rica. If they want to go down there and film on the beach, that's fine with me.

As for Paul, I'll be here working as a writer on season 5. Jen Celotta and I are running the show with Greg.
J. Walter Weatherman
wow, I really thought it was going to be Toby screwing it up for Jim. I did not see that coming at all, especially with as absent as Andy was from that episode until then.
Terk
AG
WTF?!?!?!?!?!? ANDY?!??!?!?!
Terk
AG
Terk
AG
Terk
AG
Terk
AG
inch05
AG
anyone find that youtube clip of ryan being arrested?
20ag07
I called Andy runing the proposal about 2 minutes before the cut to him on stage. There was a random shot of him and Angela that spills that he is about the pull the rug out from under Jim.

Great finale, definitely a much better hour-long episode than some in the past.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I think we need a new man law for that one.

I am a bit scared for Andy, though. My wife got angry about that like I get angry about sports.
Seven Costanza
AG
The show is much more enjoyable when they write Michael like they did tonight, as the socially awkward yet good-hearted and sympathetic moron, rather than the cartoonishly boorish idiot of last week's episode.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Agree. The finale was up to par with some of the best episodes of the entire run. LOVED Kevin's "specialness".
Redstone
AG
Amy Ryan is hot
BlueAg2003
AG
Redstone, you're up mighty late.
Redstone
AG
you too AK!
tylercsbn9
AG
The whole Kevin as a retard portion was absolutely brilliant.
Redstone
AG
still up
bigpern
AG
special kevin was muy bueno. if his dialogue up to this point was geared toward setting that up this season, it was brilliant, because i've made several out-loud comments to the wife that his commentary was getting ridiculous. i'll call it special.

the moment for me was really the yoga-yoda moment and what followed. i got dragged in to feeling sorry for michael and happy for him again. to me the show is all about that. i don't really give a friggin h about the rest of the lines. ever since the advent of the concept via the british office, it's been about the office manager you feel sorry for but can't hate. something most of us deal with on a regular basis.

props to the current staff for sending it out on a bang, i was really starting to wane on the show and it's the only thing i watch any more.
BMX Bandit
I've been carrying this ring around with me for 6 years.
WestTxAg06
AG
That was an awesome finale, chock-full of awesome lines and hilarious moments.

The Kevin/retarded hoax was an outstanding move by Dwight, and only got better as Kevin did nothing to make her think he was of average intelligence. I'm interested to see if they carry that bit into next season.
quote:
I got dragged in to feeling sorry for michael and happy for him again.

And what's great is that, after you started feeling sorry for him (if you're like me), you got aggravated with him when Holly was very obviously coming on to him at the end of the episode and he was too stupid to realize it.
aggiebrad94
AG
Great episode. Did anyone else think the new gal looks like Jan? They set up so many new storylines for next year!
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
According to E! Online, the season finale will be shocking.

They dropped the ball on this. It was funny and good but not the best at all.

And whoever said the British Office is not funny at all....well, im not saying its not funny, im just saying i can sit through 4 episodes and never crack a smile....so yeah, not very funny.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
And whoever said the British Office is not funny at all....well, im not saying its not funny, im just saying i can sit through 4 episodes and never crack a smile....so yeah, not very funny.

British version is just as good or better than the US version.
schmendeler
AG
the very end with dwight and angela was the perfect way to end the season with a bang.
Sbisa04
AG
quote:
British version is just as good or better than the US version.

I agree and I started watching the US version first. Also, Ricky Gervais >>>>> Steve Carrell. I think he is funnier in general and his character is sooo much better than Michael. I do love Dwight though.
old-Rudyjax
quote:
the perfect way to end the season with a bang.

^
|
That's what she said.

[This message has been edited by Rudyjax (edited 5/16/2008 9:09a).]
schmendeler
AG
i loved when he started to say that on the ferris wheel and then pulled back.
bbattbq01
AG
greatness...

Do you need some help Kevin?

well what do you like to eat?

How much money do you have?

That's a button...

With 75 cents you can get anything from the top row.

Loved on the ferris wheel with Holly talking about her old company with the line it's easy to get in but hard to move up or something and michael starts to say that's what she said. I almost lost it.
WestTxAg06
AG
I loved it when Michael stopped himself short on the "that's what she said", presumably because he didn't want to offend his new love, Holly.
Jimmie Dimmick
quote:
oh RYAN, did he get arrested? and how?(obviously coke but did they say)?

Ryan was recording their sales twice. Both regular method and then recording them again in his famous failing website.

The delayed engagement + Pam's school probably provides the basis for some issues with her and Jim next season - so that everything doesn't continue to be hunky-dory, happily-ever-after. She mentioned near the beginning that the school would be fine since everythign was so great between them - but now there is a bit of doubt that's been planted in her mind.

[This message has been edited by Jimmie Dimmick (edited 5/16/2008 9:31a).]
HowdyAgs03
AG
Pam said her school would only last three months. They could have gone in a few different directions with that if she was going to be away for a longer period of time.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Honestly thought the "so you won't be joining my orgy tonight" was the line of the night. Unexpected and excellent.

Some great subtleness in the episode... Andy's dad wearing the argyle sweater (of course he was), Kelly's head peeping over the cubicle partition at the new hire, etc... episode had great attention to detail.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.