***The Office - Season 4***

38,841 Views | 700 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
CW Griswold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's probably going to lead up to something pretty bad for Ryan. The seeds were planted last week with him poping off to Jim and the coke habit.

[This message has been edited by Flash Gordon (edited 5/2/2008 6:23p).]
Orbit
Great episode tonight. Dwight's sales techniques are priceless...

"3...2...1......5...4..3.."

I keep hearing about a spin off, and hopefully this Jim thing doesn't lead to his firing. If they do a spin off (which they shouldn't), it has to be with someone like Andy or Ryan - NOT a main character.
beetlebum
not funny tonight.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What? Tonight's show rocked. Great dark humor from Toby and I loved Ryan's "Bring Jim in with a sports question, then tee off on him," that's classic boss syndrome. Plus, loved Angela's little reaction when Dwight plays Andy for a fool.
WestTxAg06
AG
I'm interested to see what transpires with the Jim/Ryan deal. They're setting it up for something potentially shocking on the season finale.
redline248
AG
dude, fluffy fingers was the best part of the show.
beav
AG
no way, Dwight's emergency power presentation was the funniest. All it was was Dwight's name with a nuclear symbol next to it with black lines pointing over everyone

"Michael, I promise to give back the power when this crisis is over"
Earp16
AG
"What are we talking about hear? Bloods? Crips?"

"Both...and Latin Kings, Warriors, Newsies"
Agnzona
It was all great but Newsies cracked me up!
schmendeler
AG
quote:
no way, Dwight's emergency power presentation was the funniest. All it was was Dwight's name with a nuclear symbol next to it with black lines pointing over everyone

if you re-watch it, you can see that he put a red x over the box with jim's name on it when he rolled out the "contingency plan"
TriumphForks
AG
quote:
Michael, I promise to give back the power when this crisis is over

Anyone else catch the Star Wars reference in there from episode 2?
agracer
AG
Yup.

Ryan the cokehead is headed for a show down with Jim.

Pam without her glasses reminded me of my wife. She is blind as a bat with out them.
Jim01
AG
Another good one last night.

The showdown with Stanley was a bit awkward.

I thought the last scene with Michael telling joke after joke into the camera was really great acting. It was awkward and uncomfortable and you could really see how he was just telling jokes to cover up his pain over Stanley burning him. At least that is how I saw it.
BMX Bandit
"newsies" was the best line of the night.

and Michael's Dangerfield, Henny Youngman, Seinfeld etc was brilliant.

[This message has been edited by BMX Bandit (edited 5/2/2008 7:24a).]

[This message has been edited by BMX Bandit (edited 5/2/2008 7:25a).]
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
if you re-watch it, you can see that he put a red x over the box with jim's name on it when he rolled out the "contingency plan"

Darn, I missed seeing that.

I loved the color coding his original organizational structure: pink lines running to the women ("menstrual cycles" and a yellow line running from Ryan to Stanley to signify that Michael would be a coward if he had Ryan deal with Stanley for him.
Homsar
AG
I keep hoping that Michael doesn't face the same fate as the guy did in the British version. One big difference between the two versions is that you actually like Michael, while you hated Ricky Gervais in the Brit series.
polish german
quote:

wrong....he has Andy's name crossed out....even better!
polish german
Also,

wasn't it Toby who told on Jim, which is why Ryan had to come and handle it?

I think it's Toby's way of handling his embarrassment from last episode.
Jim01
AG
Yes, after Ryan confronts Jim they show Toby talking about how Jim spents too much time with Pam instead of working.
agracer
AG
quote:
One big difference between the two versions is that you actually like Michael, while you hated Ricky Gervais in the Brit series

I hate Michael. His character is just so over the top stupid...but at the same time his continued employment in a corporate world is very real.
Sbisa04
AG
Ryan and Toby are teaming up (not intentionally) against Jim. Kevin asking Pam to say something that a librarian would was funny too. Gotta agree that Newsies and fluffy fingers were the funniest parts though.
Brickhouse
What was Creed's line that was so funny? I'm drawing a blank right now, but I remember he said something that made me laugh out loud.
AGgirl83
AG
What's the deal with airline food...Why don't they just make the plane out of the food?
Homsar
AG
quote:
I hate Michael.

Really? He's an idiot no doubt, but there is something about him I like. Maybe I just feel sorry for him.
tske87
Creed: A lot of jazz cats are blind, but they can play the piano like nobody's business. I'd like to put the piano in front of Pam without her glasses and see what happens.

I'd also like to see her topless.

[This message has been edited by tske87 (edited 5/2/2008 9:05a).]
runnin'ag
top 5 episode for sure!
darryl? funny.
michael? funny.
toby? funny.
you know what? they're all funny!
and ryan will always be "the temp"
moorehead01
AG
Michael is a lot like Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's funny, but gets on your nerves at times because you know no one can be THAT big of an idiot.
JJxvi
AG
I started out liking him, but I hate him more every episode that goes by.

New Army lives at Reed Arena
Worm01
AG
Nice comparison to Larry David. Difference is Larry David has as much bad luck as he is an idiot. Michael is actually VERY lucky, in that a lot of the stupid stuff he does ends up working out.
Aero Aggie
quote:
Anyone else catch the Star Wars reference in there from episode 2?

WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Also,

wasn't it Toby who told on Jim, which is why Ryan had to come and handle it?

I think it's Toby's way of handling his embarrassment from last episode.

Yeah, it's a combination of Ryan and Toby. Ryan is pissed about Jim giving his criticisms of the stupid website to David Wallace, and Toby's jealousy over Jim's relationship with Pam has finally gotten the best of him.

That's even more interesting when you consider that Toby is leaving the Scranton office at the end of this season. Did he request a transfer because of his love for Pam? Does corporate reassign him because of a conflict with Jim?
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
That's even more interesting when you consider that Toby is leaving the Scranton office at the end of this season. Did he request a transfer because of his love for Pam? Does corporate reassign him because of a conflict with Jim?

He claimed in last week's episode that he was finally moving to Costa Rica.
polish german
Michael wanting his face in the wet cement = priceless!!

Dwight: you've got to put it in as deep as you can
Michael: [mumbled through the cement] "that's what she said"
Brickhouse
quote:
Creed: A lot of jazz cats are blind, but they can play the piano like nobody's business. I'd like to put the piano in front of Pam without her glasses and see what happens.

I'd also like to see her topless.

That's it!
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
He claimed in last week's episode that he was finally moving to Costa Rica.

My roommate thinks he's moving to Costa Rica at the end of this season too, but my thought was that he just said that to change the subject and escape the awkwardness as soon as possible. I don't think he's got the cajones to actually move to Costa Rica.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.