***The Office - Season 4***

40,131 Views | 700 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Creed used the printer ink to dye his hair!

And yes, this episode ran out of steam fast - once they drove into the lake it was downhill from there.
Sbisa04
AG
The infinity website is nuts. It looks like the regional managers are actually going to assign some sort of tasks and everyone gets paid in Schrute bucks which can actually purchase small stuff. Somebody need to test it out and then let us know if it is worth joining.

Also, in the FAQs it said that if the regional manager will be out a week, he will have to appoint a interim manager to assign tasks to the group. Surely, these "tasks" can't be that much work.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
I guess I don't really understand the argument against the one hour format. To me, there are clearly two individual 30 minute episodes that could stand on their own the last two weeks. If last night's show was broken up and shown on two different days at 30 mintues a piece, I have a feeling each of the 30 minute shows would receive the typical praise.

But together as one hour, it gets shat upon. I blame the shortening attention spans of America. And also blame Al Gore just for the hell of it.
20ag07
Last week I did not complain, they did seem to be 2 seperate eps and both were fairly strong. The problem with last night was that it was one plotline that they couldn't stretch, and wouldnt have tried unless NBC hadn't asked them to because no one watches Scrubs.

To see a good example of the one hour episode they should be doing, look at the DVD for S3. They took two 30 minute eps(Travelling Salesmen and another) and weaved them together. It works well.

Two seperate episodes stuck together to make an hour = good.
One episode streched too far= not good.
Gig-Em2003
AG
The laughs per minute went down big time once they hit the lake. Not hard to notice.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Every fan will agree; There is not a bad episode of The Office but some are funnier than others.
Furlock Bones
AG
i thought the whole episode rocked.
agracer
AG
Creed:" you, me, phylis and that chick you hit with the car are all over 40!"....

I caught the Argintina/Nazi thing too. I had to pause it and explain to my wife why I was laughing so hard. I'll bet 3/4ths of the audience had no clue.
BrazosDog02
AG
what is dundermifflininfinity.com?

Whats all that about?
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
Creed:" you, me, phylis and that chick you hit with the car are all over 40!"....

You missed the funniest part of that. In addition to himself, Michael, Phyllis, and "that chick you hit with the car", he also referenced "Sammy", apparently referring to Stanley and not knowing his name.
AustinAg2K
quote:
If last night's show was broken up and shown on two different days at 30 mintues a piece, I have a feeling each of the 30 minute shows would receive the typical praise.

I disagree. I think you would have had the first episode being hailed as perhaps the best ever, and then the second episode being claimed to be the worst. Driving the car into the lake was just too far. Michael isn't the smartest guy around, but he's not that dumb. In fact, I don't think anyone is that dumb.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
WestTxAg06
AG
I think you could be right, MKF.

Michael may not be dumb enough to blindly drive his car into the lake, but he's certainly dumb enough to plan a cockamamie stunt like that to prove his larger and more ridiculous point that technology is bad.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Dwight's reaction and his trying to save Michael in the lake - funny!
DixieBelle02
AG
I liked when Ryan found out Pam and Jim were dating and the pan over to Jim - he cracks me up. Well, and then later when Jim said "I guess he can't get ANY girl."
Capstone
AG
MKF is dead on - When Michael returned to the offic he claimed they would never be using the new technology because technology caused him to run his car into the lake... it was a calculated move.
Orbit
The Office is always going to be funny, but something has been a little off this season.

I'm thinking part of it has to do with the lack of any kind of drama (tension between Karen & Pam, Jan & Michael, Jim & Pam, etc. - Angela & Dwight are painful to watch, in a bad way). There's also been nothing of Michael trying to do the right thing but it being incredibly wrong (kissing Oscar, having the fat dude get up on the table after the merger, etc.).

It seems like the spent 3 years developing characters and the last 2 episodes they've boxed them into there stereotypes.

Don't get me wrong, I still laughed a lot, but the episodes just seem a lot more sterile so far this season.
ac04
michael driving in to the lake was a dumbass plot line regardless of his motive. completely over the top and not even remotely believable. ruined the entire episode.
20ag07
Here we go again...the same *****ing about believability can be found on last year's thread during the "Diwali" and "Phyllis's Wedding" episodes.

While it is hard to believe that a real person would drive into a lake, do you find it that hard to believe that Michael Scott would drive into a lake?
DixieBelle02
AG
Exactly - he would do it to make a point or at least to just get attention. That's what his character is about and sadly there are people out there like that, so it's believable enough for me.
double aught
AG
I don't know why, but I could not stop laughing after he drove that car into the lake. My roommate and I laughed the entire commercial break.
tske87
Neither could I, double_aught

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/27/faith-in-gps-sends-mercedes-downstream/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/20/uk-drivers-trust-gps-more-than-their-own-eyes/

quote:
We've heard reports before about the dangers of driving while under the influence of GPS, but it looks like drivers in the UK have taken trust of their navigation units to the extreme. Twice in the space of the last two weeks, we've seen reports of British drivers taking serious risks because they trust the info displayed on the small screen more than what they see through their windshield. In the most recent case, drivers passing through the village of Luckington have found themselves landing in the River Avon, by following a GPS-recommended route that pointed to a bridge that has been closed for a week. Despite warning signs on both sides of the road, and nothing but water straight ahead, local villagers have found themselves pulling an average of two cars a day out of the river for the past week.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
I blame the shortening att . . .
What were you saying?
The Ice Cream Kid
So Creed plays an old hippie so well because he is an old hippie. And a rock star.

nowitchoke
LAUNCH PARTY

THE WORLDWIDE WEB - The Dunder Mifflin Infinity website is launching and Michael is excited about going to the big launch party in New York while Angela plans a satellite party for the Scranton branch. Meanwhile, Dwight competes against the website to see who can sell the most paper in one day.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I really need this episode to be great. We've had one good and one bad. I need a great old school Office episode...
aTmLoKi
AG
Will this be another hour long episode?
NoHo Hank
AG
Lenn - I think this first 4 or 5 are going to be hour long episodes.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AgTown05
BEST START TO AN OFFICE EVER!!!
MonkeyKnifeFighter
BioAg08
AG
The screensaver box!
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AgTown05
Oh man finally! This one is greatness! Lanch party, I think I have been programmed to destroy you, bear horn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.