***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,920 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is all leading to Kang as the new big bad in the MCU.
YouBet
AG
bobinator said:

I think, as viewers, we can all safely assume that the 'sacred timeline' stuff is a lie and it will be revealed that there's actually other timelines/universes/dimensions/whatever.

But the characters themselves don't know that.
Well, that is already canon with multiple other characters and comics in Marvel so I would tend to agree this TVA deal is all B.S.. Would assume Kang is manipulating all of this for his own purpose and this is just the facade he has created for it.

The Supreme Sorceress essentially laid this out albeit briefly in Dr. Strange while teaching him. If this does not turn out to be the case and we have both alternate dimensions and this sacred timeline running in parallel then I will be massively confused, give up, and move on.
JCRiley09
AG
There could be multiple timelines each with a "TVA" that Kang controls and keeps from overlapping since he's apparently obsessed with controlling the whole multiverse

Edit: weird emoji
bobinator
AG
It's going to be like a Mortal Kombat type thing where we find out that he's gained control over the other timelines and now our timeline stands alone or something.
redline248
AG
I bet Loki would have some dope finishing moves
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

Dammit... now I want a Marvel Kombat
Decay
AG
Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Don't they have a justice league fighting game?
bluefire579
AG
Decay said:

Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Don't they have a justice league fighting game?
Yep, Injustice, made by the same company that does Mortal Kombat.

With Marvel, I think Marvel vs. Capcom is your only option
mandevilleag
I'm hoping for a cameo by Kevin Costner as the postman in a future episode.
Beat40
bobinator said:

That falls into the 'even if it's true, it doesn't make sense why the characters believe she's a Loki' category with "there's not just one timeline."

It might be true that she's not a Loki, but it doesn't make any sense why the characters believe she is one in the first place.
Is there something that says a person on the prime timeline cannot create multiple variants?

Maybe that's how the characters can believe she is a Loki variant. I thought they also say they think she's a Loki variant based on her actions. Have they said they confirmed she's a Loki variant?
TCTTS
AG
Apparently the series "takes off in a new direction" at some point in episode four, so I guess that means I'm staying up tonight to watch.
AMW2010
AG
Solid episode!!!! Started out a little slow for me but damn it got fun on the back end!!! Can't wait for the last 2 episodes!!!

Also that was HUGE wizard of Oz vibes. I wanna see the great and powerful Kang, I mean Oz behind the curtain!!!!!

There was also a post credits scene.

Rip jet ski. Here's to hoping we will get to see that in the end
redline248
AG
That was a wild ride. 2 jaw droppings scenes

Plus a post credit!
TCTTS
AG
Wow. THAT is how you make these MCU shows feel meaningful. True change in character while ALSO completely transformers their worlds. Preferably via a meticulously laid, unexpected twist, one that feels like a season finale event, with two episodes still to go. (Speaking of finales, that totally had a Kylo/Rey vs Snoke-and-his-guards vibe, did it not?)

I think we all knew the Time Keepers were dabbling in some form of bullsh*t, but that they were altogether fake was such a great reveal. That Kang was one of them obviously didn't pan out, but yeah, I guess he could still be pulling the strings. That, and Renslayer seems even more likely to be working with him now.

Either way, can't wait to see where it all goes from here.
Counterpoint
AG
Do we know those three guys in the post credits scene?
TCTTS
AG
Looked to me like three other Loki variants. One of whom is Richard E. Grant.
johncAG
AG
I think 4 other variants (lil gator had horns as well)
BowSowy
AG
Man, the music in this episode was great. I was genuinely shocked to see Mobius pruned so quickly
The Dirty Sock
I WANT IT TO BE NEXT WEDNESDAY ALREADY!
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. THAT is how you make these MCU shows feel meaningful. True change in character while ALSO completely transformers their worlds. Preferably via a meticulously laid, unexpected twist, one that feels like a season finale event, with two episodes still to go. (Speaking of finales, that totally had a Kylo/Rey vs Snoke-and-his-guards vibe, did it not?)

I think we all knew the Time Keepers were dabbling in some form of bullsh*t, but that they were altogether fake was such a great reveal. That Kang was one of them obviously didn't pan out, but yeah, I guess he could still be pulling the strings. That, and Renslayer seems even more likely to be working with him now.

I honestly thought Grant would be one of the timekeepers. I am kinda stunned they weren't all Lokis (at least for now)

I wonder if the pruning actually sends variant to apocalyptic events without striaght up disintegrating them (which means maybe Moebius is still alive)
BowSowy
AG
johncAG said:

I saw a screenshot. When I watched, I definitely thought it was 4 Loki variants, but now it looks like one may be a Thor variant? One has a hammer and no horns
Saxsoon
AG
BowSowy said:

johncAG said:

I saw a screenshot. When I watched, I definitely thought it was 4 Loki variants, but now it looks like one may be a Thor variant? One has a hammer and no horns

I think we saw a variant of Loki during the slideshow in ep1 that looked more Viking like (maybe hammer). Not this prarticular one but I can see realities where Loki was worthy
bearamedic99
AG
The ending of that episode made me feel less than the ending of the Lamentis episode. I feel the episode was saved by Loki in the time cell and by the awakening of TVA agent b-15.
Sorry to disagree with the rest of you.

PS- should I spoiler tag this?
redline248
AG
I don't see any need for spoilers.

I almost would have preferred the episode to end without the post-credit scene. I think it would have left us with a bigger emotional impact. Next episode could have started with that scene.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm glad folks are enjoying this. It's not quite resonating with me as much as I'd like it to for some reason. Although the mobius pruning was impactful.
Thanks and gig'em
Whos Juan
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

I honestly thought Grant would be one of the timekeepers. I am kinda stunned they weren't all Lokis (at least for now)

I wonder if the pruning actually sends variant to apocalyptic events without striaght up disintegrating them (which means maybe Moebius is still alive)
Maybe Mobius will encounter more Mobius variants played by the other two Wilson brothers and Jackie Chan.
Not going to lie. When she was first introduced, I felt it was a miscast. But she's grown on me and she was looking particularly nice in this episode.

Saxsoon
AG
Jaime Alexander kneeing Tom Huddleston in the nads for 5 minutes was great
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
That was such a fun episode! Great stuff.

Wizard of Oz twist should have been obvious with those 3 goofballs floating on their little chairs.

What city did that look like in the end credits shot?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
#1 said:

Not going to lie. When she was first introduced, I felt it was a miscast. But she's grown on me and she was looking particularly nice in this episode.

A bit like a poor man's Diana Rigg. I would not look away.
JCRiley09
AG
It was a destroyed New York. Stark tower in the back
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Theory: Loki has been banished off the sacred timeline and into the multiverse.

I just hope he's not on zombie apocalypse Earth. I hate zombies.
Thanks and gig'em
texasaggie04
AG

Left to right is Boastful Loki (as credited), Kid Loki, Old (Classic) Loki
Front is (apparently) an alligator Loki. Or possibly a crocodile Loki.

Alligator Loki gives me some into the Spiderverse vibes.
texasaggie04
AG
Few thoughts:

1. Loved this episode (and I severely disliked the last one). Great twists and turns, thought it made some amazing strides in story.

2. I guess I'm on board the Kang is pulling the strings bandwagon. That makes me wonder if the TVA headquarters is the same city that is seen in the quantum realm in the original Ant-Man (akin to Quantum Realm City in the comics).

3. They did (at least mildly) explain how there are Loki variants. How I understand it, some anomalous event occurs (Loki born as a female instead of a male). Once that event cause enough of a ripple in the timeline (for her apparently it took a few years), the TVA catches it and resets it. Resetting it, I assume, completely resets the timeline back to the inciting incident (in this case, the birth of Loki). The variant is taken in and either turned into a TVA agent or pruned. If pruned, they go to... we don't know where yet.

4. In the post-credits scene, Loki asks "is this Hel?" Clever. I believe he was referring to Hel rather than hell. I did not watch that with captions on though. If anybody re-watches, maybe check that?

5. Most likely this means Mobius is (at least for now) also alive.

EDIT: As I think about it, #3 would essentially contradict Avengers: Endgame. Solution? Stop thinking.
GreasenUSA
AG
texasaggie04 said:

4. In the post-credits scene, Loki asks "is this Hel?" Clever. I believe he was referring to Hel rather than hell. I did not watch that with captions on though. If anybody re-watches, maybe check that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.