***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

108,101 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Have we even seen any non human variants, yet?

I suppose technically, Loki isn't human

They showed non-human variant lokis in that holographic scene.
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

Wasn't there a kree, or mention of kree in the first episode?

Also, for whatever reason, there's lots of races other than humans that look like humans. GOTG is full of them (Most of the Nova Corps, kraglin, most of the Ravagers, the collector, etc). Asgardians and some of the Kree (Jude law) as well.
C@LAg
TexasAggie_02 said:

redline248 said:

Also, for whatever reason, there's lots of races other than humans that look like humans. GOTG is full of them (Most of the Nova Corps, kraglin, most of the Ravagers, the collector, etc). Asgardians and some of the Kree (Jude law) as well.
there is an in-Marvel explanation similar to that in ST: TNG for why a large number of the races all look similar.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

redline248 said:

there is an in-Marvel explanation similar to that in ST: TNG for why a large number of the races all look similar.

White privilege?

Sorry guys. That was a softball and I had to swing.
cadetjay02
AG
Fun (useless) Fact- I had C-20 in class about 9 years ago. Quirky and interesting girl.
AMW2010
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Fun (useless) Fact- I had C-20 in class about 9 years ago. Quirky and interesting girl.

Go on.
AMW2010
AG
AMW2010 said:

cadetjay02 said:

Go on.

I did my own research

Sasha Bianca Lane (born September 29, 1995)[1][2] is an American actress.

Lane was born in Houston, Texas, and grew up in Dallas, Texas. She attended Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, but left.

In 2018, Lane described herself as gay,[24] having previously called herself bisexual.[25] In 2020, she gave birth to a daughter.[26]

Lane has schizoaffective disorder.[27] As of 2016, she lives in Los Angeles.[5]

Sooo in summary she wasn't acting in that last scene, she really is crazy?
cadetjay02
AG
They just say Dallas, but she lived in Plano and went to high school in Frisco. I was her teacher, so don't know the extent of her escapades, but you could tell that she knew how to have fun.
AMW2010
AG
It said Frisco and all the details, I just cut it down to what I posted because there was a lot.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I like the theory that the actual timekeepers have long vacated their positions, or they never existed in the first place. The real timekeepers are everyone in that mission control room you see go bonkers at the end of episode two.
YouBet
AG
AMW2010 said:

AMW2010 said:

cadetjay02 said:

Go on.

I did my own research

Sasha Bianca Lane (born September 29, 1995)[1][2] is an American actress.

Lane was born in Houston, Texas, and grew up in Dallas, Texas. She attended Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, but left.

In 2018, Lane described herself as gay,[24] having previously called herself bisexual.[25] In 2020, she gave birth to a daughter.[26]

Lane has schizoaffective disorder.[27]
As of 2016, she lives in Los Angeles.[5]

Sooo in summary she wasn't acting in that last scene, she really is crazy?
Certainly checks out.
israeliag
AG
No it does not.
PatAg
AG
I find these shows are more enjoyable if you don't try to go find every video on youtube that spells out every single scene for you.

I do like discussing it with other people, and seeing how we differ in what we take from a given episode.
An L of an Ag
AG
Not a bad take at all. Kinda prototypical "water cooler" talk, which honestly we could use more of.
JCRiley09
AG
I hate to be cynical, but even with a truce on YouTube watching, someone is going to watch and pawn those ideas off as original. Thinking back to game of thrones discussions where people had read legit spoilers and tried to act like they were "guessing."
PatAg
AG
JCRiley09 said:

I hate to be cynical, but even with a truce on YouTube watching, someone is going to watch and pawn those ideas off as original. Thinking back to game of thrones discussions where people had read legit spoilers and tried to act like they were "guessing.
For sure thats what would happen, I wasn't saying we should do it either.

This show is very interesting so far, looking forward to next Wednesday.
mazag08
AG
I am not seeking any content outside of this thread. So anything I say I either heard in here or made up myself.

I legitimately have no idea which direction they are going.

I know the TVA exists "outside of time", so this isn't happening after the first Avengers movie despite that being when this show picks up. But I'm wondering if anything we've seen in WV and CA&WS is based on a mixture of post snap and multiverse.

Also, do we get more Black Widow after her movie? Maybe an older, alternate timeline version of her shows up in a future movie or show?
C@LAg
mazag08 said:

I am not seeking any content outside of this thread. So anything I say I either heard in here or made up myself.

I know the TVA exists "outside of time", so this isn't happening after the first Avengers movie despite that being when this show picks up. But I'm wondering if anything we've seen in WV and CA&WS is based on a mixture of post snap and multiverse.

Also, do we get more Black Widow after her movie? Maybe an older, alternate timeline version of her shows up in a future movie or show?
The TVA is at the end of time and goes back in time to address issues. So it is "after" every event.

Both TV show were after the snap. No apparent multiverse activities as both had straightforward narratives.

Yes, more Black Widow but it is likely Yelena Belova will be the Black Widow going forward.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

mazag08 said:

The TVA is at the end of time and goes back in time to address issues. So it is "after" every event.

Both TV show were after the snap. No apparent multiverse activities as both had straightforward narratives.

Yes, more Black Widow but it is likely Yelena Belova will be the Black Widow going forward.
The way Owen described it though is that the Timekeepers are still working on the very end of time so maybe they are more towards the end but not totally at the end? Maybe he used the word "epilogue"?

In my mind, they are basically outside of time in a bubble and can enter the timeline at any point they want to from beginning to end as needed.
mazag08
AG
YouBet said:

C@LAg said:

mazag08 said:

The way Owen described it though is that the Timekeepers are still working on the very end of time so maybe they are more towards the end but not totally at the end? Maybe he used the word "epilogue"?

In my mind, they are basically outside of time in a bubble and can enter the timeline at any point they want to from beginning to end as needed.

That's the impression I got.

Now what about the Morbius theories? I know nothing of the comics. Are there multiple version of him out there? The drink ring scene in the office seem to hint that there are other analysts and it would seem potentially other versions of him.
jeffk
AG
Mobius. I sort of assumed it was a play on the Mobius strip - a single-sided, single-edged shape that is "infinite" in measurement.
The Debt
10 mins in, Loki has to be returned to the timeline to star in Thor 2: Dark World, no?

Or did the TVA "reverse time" at the end of Avengers1 to put a Loki back in the correct flow of time?
PatAg
AG
I thought the drink scene was just about him being the only one that doesn't use a coaster, after he tried to make an excuse for not using one.
Fat Bib Fortuna
The Debt said:

10 mins in, Loki has to be returned to the timeline to star in Thor 2: Dark World, no?

Or did the TVA "reverse time" at the end of Avengers1 to put a Loki back in the correct flow of time?
Should have him jump to another timeline where Thor 2 is showing in the theaters. Show him go in, have 30 minutes go by, he comes back out saying, "No Thanks."
C@LAg
The Debt said:

Loki 2 timeline has been deleted
TexasAggie_02
AG
The Debt said:

This loki is from a branched timeline. His branch has been erased. Has no effect on Thor 2.
CoachRTM
AG
How badass would it be if we all think Loki is still dead in the main timeline at the end of this show, but at a key moment in Thor, Love and Thunder one of those TVA portals opens up and Loki walks through with that smile on his face.
C@LAg
CoachRTM said:

How badass would it be if we all think Loki is still dead in the main timeline at the end of this show, but at a key moment in Thor, Love and Thunder one of those TVA portals opens up and Loki walks through with that smile on his face.
i would bet that what happens is they do a similar scene , but it is with Kid Loki and Thor, at the end of Season 2, so he (kid loki) can tie into Young Avengers. KL hangs around a while with the YA, and then reverts to form, and we get Hiddleston again.
Max Power
AG
Loving this show so far, there are so many different ways it can go that I stopped trying to figure it out. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Not looking at anything on the internet trying to break down this show and where it's going.

Was taking a gander at the Loki IMDB and the only thing that jumped out at me is that Richard E. Grant is slated to be in 4 episodes and has no character name listed. He hasn't been in the first 2 and there are only 4 left so I'm assuming he's going to be playing a pivotal role for the series.

He's been MCU adjacent, played Dr. Rice in Logan, but I doubt that means anything for this show. I don't see Loki as the platform where the X-Men enter the MCU.
TCTTS
AG
jeffk
AG
Was one of her horns cut off in the episode this week?
TCTTS
AG
Good question. I don't remember.
MooreTrucker
AG
I don't think so. I seem to remember two horns, just shorter than the Loki we're used to.
The Debt
TexasAggie_02 said:

The Debt said:

This loki is from a branched timeline. His branch has been erased. Has no effect on Thor 2.

So there IS a Loki-prime that IS in Asguard jail as all this with the TVA unfolds?
OnlyForNow
AG
No. In the store the crown had both horns, but smaller than Hiddleston's normal crown from Avengers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.