***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

107,985 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this show had been 6 hours, I would have kept watching it... work be damned.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
FincAg said:

Long time lurker. I followed yalls WandaVision thread for awhile but near the end yall sort of jumped the track.

Is this about saying Agatha was worse than Loki because she killed a fake dog from Wanda created reality because, if so, I agree.
MooreTrucker
AG
A very interesting episode.

I wanted to go back and watch ep 1, but was unable to for some reason. It said Season 1, 2 episodes, but only ep 2 was shown.

No mid/end credit scenes? Odd for an MCU property.

Are we supposed to know who that female "Loki" is? I don't recognize her.
JCRiley09
AG
To answer one question, the tv shows on Disney+ have only used the mid/end credit scenes on maybe 3 episodes
OnlyForNow
AG
TCTTS said:

This show is so incredibly fun. Man, what an episode.

Every last scene - even if it's just two people talking exposition at a table - crackles with energy, tension, and charm. And then to up the ante with that final Roxxcart set piece - it's all just so well done.

I can't get over how invested I already am in this Loki's plight, and the fantastic job they're doing challenging him, along with the TVU and even the MCU itself, in the most philosophically interesting ways.

I'm so interested to see where this goes, but in the meantime, I already want to go back and watch these first two episodes, something I never wanted to do for either of the previous two series.
This.

I really liked WV and F&WS, but this show makes me want to go back and see what I missed.

It's much more of a "thriller" and involved thought than the other two shows, imo.
C@LAg
MooreTrucker said:

Are we supposed to know who that female "Loki" is? I don't recognize her.
In the comics, she is an iteration of Loki after one of his deaths/rebirths. That said, there is a small chance she could also be the Enchantress playing Lady Loki. Enchantress is often a partner in Loki's schemes. I am going with the former theory since this show is supposed to be about Loki(s).
redline248
AG
Latter was my first thought, especially given what she was doing to people.
MooreTrucker
AG
But we haven't seen her in any of the movies, right?
JCRiley09
AG
"I would never do this to myself"

Throwaway line?
redline248
AG
MooreTrucker said:

But we haven't seen her in any of the movies, right?
correct. New character, new actress
Saxsoon
AG
I never imagined that Owen Wilson would be one of the strongest aspects of this show.
Just finished watching it. What an awesome episode! One thing that hasn't been discussed that I noticed, is the first scene with Mobius and Renslayer. Owen Wilson kept talking about another analyst and there was a cup rim on the table from supposedly someone else. I think we are going to revist this scene at some point. Also, we are definitely going to see Owen Wilson riding a Jet Ski at the end of the series. Can't wait for next week!
bobinator
AG
Man this show is just electric so far.
wangus12
AG
CoachRTM
AG
Hiddleston is fantastic. Quickly climbing the ranks of my favorite actors.
CoachRTM
AG
1. I'm surprised we got this far with the other Loki/ Enchantress already
2. This series is only going to be 6 episodes. That's a bummer
TCTTS
AG
But we're likely getting a second season, which neither of the other series so far are apparently getting.
JCRiley09
AG
They have to team up to destroy the TVA over the next four episodes
AgGrad99
AG
This show is awesome. I feel like I understand everything, and at the same time have no idea what's going on

Really enjoying it so far
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I've now chosen Ryan Arey over Erick Voss. Voss finds more stuff, but he is really annoying.

But as to the show, I'm just growing to love the Loki character. Mischievous smart and yet selfish and destined to always lose.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I was expecting Loki to be covered with soot and Mobius to be spotless when they came out of that elevator after visiting Pompeii. Great episode though.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
I was hoping Mobius got to ride a jet ski on top of an apocalyptic tsunami
israeliag
AG
Agree with all that this was a great episode.

Also, absolutely terrific soundtrack.

So has the multiverse of madness now begun?
mazag08
AG
AgGrad99 said:

This show is awesome. I feel like I understand everything, and at the same time have no idea what's going on

Really enjoying it so far

100% this. I completely follow. Yet I have no idea what's going on.

Thinking about the last two shows now just makes me feel bored. This has a very Westworld type of feel to it. You can only truly enjoy its amazingness once. After it's over and all is revealed, you will never get the feeling back of it all coming together.
imjustsayin
AG
Does anyone else notice the TVA logo spells VAL upside down? As in Julia Louis Dreyfus VAL? Coincidence? Unrelated?

https://images.app.goo.gl/QNmRibVJbmjh5kf79
W
AG
just watched episode 2...it's very good and very complex.

I'd like to see Loki use more of his powers. He is a god.

wondering if the time-keepers actually exist...or they have died and someone else is running everything behind the scenes.

also wonder if Asgard is going to be restored at some point. I went back and watched episode 1...and Loki picks up the time stone, but it's not shown if he leaves it in the drawer.

maybe Lady Loki wants to bring back Asgard
BCG Disciple
AG
Show is great thus far. I could take an Owen Wilson buddy cop movie with pretty much any marvel character.
Ornithopter
AG
Saxsoon said:

I never imagined that Owen Wilson would be one of the strongest aspects of this show.

Have you never seen Bottle Rocket, Sahara, or Zoolander?

redline248
AG
Quote:

wondering if the time-keepers actually exist...or they have died and someone else is running everything behind the scenes.
I think there is a very, very small chance they actually exist. Too many things like "they're busy," and "they're in their chambers working hard." It's all very fishy
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
DubFalls said:

Saxsoon said:

Isn't MM in Sahara?
bobinator
AG

Quote:

So has the multiverse of madness now begun?
Seems to me the plot of this show will be for Loki to undo what she did, only to somehow do it himself.
The Collective
AG
Sahara is Steve Zahn. He'd be fun in a Marvel show too.
BCG Disciple
AG
DubFalls said:

Saxsoon said:

Series is similar to Shanghai Noon (a buddy movie classic) and even I Spy. Wedding Crashers also. Owen Wilson shines as the sidekick in almost everything he's touched.
Saxsoon
AG
DubFalls said:

Saxsoon said:

I think that he is playing kind of a strict bureaucrat that really challenges Loki and what Loki feels what his life direction should be.
AgGrad99
AG
Owen Wilson is great.

I really like the intertwined discussions about each characters' make-up (how well Owen Wilson knows/understands Loki), and the conversations about the timeline and it's relation to free will, origins etc. (the conversation at the lunch table was great).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.