*** Better Call Saul - Season 3 ***

260,358 Views | 1845 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChiliBeans said:

Man, I foolishly had my hopes up Jimmy was making a cold break with Chuck and we may not have to listen to him talk again.

Maybe it's because I like Michael McKean so much but I can't get behind the Chuck hate. He's self-righteous for sure, but I think he's a sympathetic character that brings a lot to the show.
Complete Idiot
Nacho is a good character and well acted

Kim Jimmy and Mike all pivoting into new directions
mazzag
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

ChiliBeans said:

Man, I foolishly had my hopes up Jimmy was making a cold break with Chuck and we may not have to listen to him talk again.

Maybe it's because I like Michael McKean so much but I can't get behind the Chuck hate. He's self-righteous for sure, but I think he's a sympathetic character that brings a lot to the show.

I don't think he's a sympathetic character any more. But Michael McKean is such a great actor in any show. I can't get behind the hate either.
CrazyDayDuck
I drove bus said:

Good episode. The part with the pills was great drama.

Great episode.

What's there not to like, other than Chuck finally realizing that he is not all there? Actually, that was kind of funny too.

Slipping Jimmy giving it to the two dorks was greatness, as was Kim basically giving Howard the FU (I was getting the feeling from the last episode that she was wanting her old job back. That's not happening now).

Loving the Mike character...and Gus. What a couple of bad asses.

The drama with Nacho and Don Hector is over done imo though. Tony Montana wouldn't be sweating taking out his boss. Then again, the Nacho character is odd. A drug dealer who wants to protect his dad. IRL, his dad would disown him and there would be no relationship.

Still, a great episode.
Seven Costanza
AG
What was Mike looking for in the desert?
Liquid Wrench
I loved the scene with Nacho rehearsing the pill switch. It made me realize why I'm such a terrible criminal. I would never put the practice time into the switch, I would figure I'm alert and smooth enough to fool and old man.
CrazyDayDuck
Seven Costanza said:

I think he located the body of the woman (from the group therapy) who lost her husband.
Seven Costanza
AG
Oh right, I had forgotten about that.
Ervin Burrell
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Seven Costanza said:

I think he located the body of the woman (from the group therapy) who lost her husband.

That would make sense with the wedding ring but I assumed it was the good Samaritan who got killed last season. Your theory makes more sense though-I just couldn't think of anyone else.

Can someone remind me how Mike has amassed $200k?
Ervin Burrell
AG
And while the pill exchange scene was great drama, it bothered me a little he didn't just pretend to have to go take a piss and do it in the bathroom.
Bunk Moreland
Ervin Burrell said:

And while the pill exchange scene was great drama, it bothered me a little he didn't just pretend to have to go take a piss and do it in the bathroom.

Sort of agree. With only one cook around as a potential witness.... He should have never had to come down to tossing a bottle into a pocket in mid air like that either. But that's also VG at times too. Overcomplicate situations for the sake of the payoff. Which I'm ok with even when it's a bit silly.
p-townag
AG
Why did Nacho use ibuprofen for the pills? Seems like the worst murder weapon of all time. Would need huge doses to do anything significant.

If he is trying to change the pills to kill Hector by omission, what is this magical pill Hector is taking that is keeping him alive?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Someone refresh my memory on the dead woman please.
Bunk Moreland
Ervin Burrell
AG
p-townag said:

Why did Nacho use ibuprofen for the pills? Seems like the worst murder weapon of all time. Would need huge doses to do anything significant.

If he is trying to change the pills to kill Hector by omission, what is this magical pill Hector is taking that is keeping him alive?

He's definitely trying to kill him by omission-i think it's nitroglycerin for his heart.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Junkhead said:

Are you referring to the body Mike found? As CrazyDayDuck mentioned, it's the husband of the black lady from the therapy group.
Scotch
AG
Quote:

I think the dead woman isn't dead.
p-townag
AG
The problem with that is that nitroglycerin is used to treat angina symptoms (chest pain from cardiac ischemia), and it actually does very little in preventing cardiac death.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Junkhead said:

Are you referring to the body Mike found? As CrazyDayDuck mentioned, it's the husband of the black lady from the therapy group.

So it's the lady's husband? How did he die?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Junkhead said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Junkhead said:

I see now that CrazyDay had a typo-he meant to say he found the husband of the lady from therapy. She told Mike he went on a hike and never came back. Not sure how Nacho knew where he was buried though.
T Durden
AG
It is a dead man. Husband of the black woman from therapy (the woman who is the medical examiner from law and order).

The gap in the story as I see it is why is the guy dead?

I was late to reply but who was the military husband and how does he end up dead?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Junkhead said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Junkhead said:

I see now that CrazyDay had a typo-he meant to say he found the husband of the lady from therapy. She told Mike he went on a hike and never came back.

OK, but that's obviously not the case. I'm assuming his location is what Mike got from Nacho at the end of last week's episode.
Burdizzo
AG
Junkhead said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Junkhead said:

IIRC, the police assumed he got lost camping or hunting, but she didn't believe them. When she first mentioned he kept his uniform, Mike took that to mean he was a cop. She corrected him and said he was military. But Mike still wanted to find him for her.
Ervin Burrell
AG
T Durden said:

It is a dead man. Husband of the black woman from therapy (the woman who is the medical examiner from law and order).

The gap in the story as I see it is why is the guy dead?

The bigger gap is that Mike took a wild ass flyer hoping Nacho would know the location of a random guy that's been dead for a long time and was presumably not involved in the drug game...and Nacho knew exactly where.

Some nitpicking on this thread for sure between this and the nitroglycerin...but that's what this board is for.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
I thought the dead guy was the Good Samaritan that Salamanca had killed.
Liquid Wrench
We're all assuming Mike got the location from Nacho. No way to know for sure if it was that lady's husband or the good samaritan.
Know Your Enemy
AG
MosesHallEnforcer said:

That's what this writer believes.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/256298
Ervin Burrell
AG
MosesHallEnforcer said:

As I said above that was my thought as well but I think the wedding ring points to the husband of therapy lady. Perhaps they are intentionally being ambiguous. I can't even remember what the Good Samaritan looked like...old white guy?
Seven Costanza
AG
Sepinwall says the body is of the 'Good Samaritan' that Hector killed after Mike's truck heist. My memory sucks - was the group therapy lady's husband the Good Samaritan?
Know Your Enemy
AG
This writer also believes that it's the Good Samaritan.

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/recap/better-call-saul-season-3-episode-8/amp/
Ervin Burrell
AG
ChiliBeans said:

We're all assuming Mike got the location from Nacho. No way to know for sure if it was that lady's husband or the good samaritan.

He definitely got it from Nacho...in the "previously on" segment they made a point to show him pulling out his notebook to ask Nacho something. And he pulls the same notebook out just before searching.
jtstanley4621
AG
Could the Good Samaritan and the lady's husband potentially be the same person?
Liquid Wrench
Seven Costanza said:

Sepinwall says the body is of the 'Good Samaritan' that Hector killed after Mike's truck heist. My memory sucks - was the group therapy lady's husband the Good Samaritan?
She said her husband was out for a hike. Was the good samaritan on foot? I guess it's possibly the same guy, but awfully coincidental that she spills her guts this guy she just met who just happens to do favors for the only drug distribution network in town and just happens to get called into a meeting with...you get the idea.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good Samaritan. They tried to suggest it heavily with the "previously on".
Bobcat06
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Could the Good Samaritan and the lady's husband potentially be the same person?

Lady's husband could be driving out to the place for a hike when he stops to help the truck with blown out tires?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.