Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

***************COCKTAILS****************

148,063 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by txag2008
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for ideas for a batch cocktail for a first birthday party, Camp Out / Happy Camper themed.

txag2008
AG
I've seen a S'more cocktail/drink before but haven't tried one. Would fit the 'camp' theme. I don't have a specific recipe, but I'm sure google as quite a few.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Make a batch of White Russians and pour it into baby bottles adults have to drink out of…call it the milk of mother Russia…you're welcome
SpiderDude
AG
So I hate Jagermeister. Period, full stop. But I saw this drink on IG and was intrigued enough to buy a small bottle of Jager just to try it. I'm glad I did. Here's the original link with the recipe:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyNivf5L301/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

If you don't have IG here it is:
Jagerita
45ml Jager
20ml Cointreau (Triple Sec)
20ml Lime Juice
10ml Heavy Simple (2:1)...I used 20ml of 1:1... it'll only dilute it slightly more.
Shake and strain into chilled glass.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Chilly evening and I'm getting over a cold. Something strong and hot to drink sounded nice to put me to ease on a Sunday night. Did a simple unfiltered apple juice and rum drink.

Probably about 6-8 oz or so of unfiltered apple juice, heated up
Shot or so of rum mixed in after the warm up
Some fresh grated nutmeg and some cinnamon mixed in

Simple, tasty, effective.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haven't had Jager in over a decade. That sounds out there.
HTownAg98
Now that there's a chill in the air, it's time for hot buttered rum. I love this recipe because you can make the butter shots in advance, store them in the freezer, and pull them out when you're ready for one. https://www.seriouseats.com/hot-buttered-rum-recipe
Sazerac
AG
Sazerac said:

Looking for ideas for a batch cocktail for a first birthday party, Camp Out / Happy Camper themed.

Going with a batched Campire S'more

Rim chocolate syrup and graham Cracker
Marshmallow garnish

2 vodka
2 milk / alt milk / egg nog
1 Irish cream and/or Kahlua
1 tbsp hot chocolate powder per drink
SpiderDude
AG
Lion's Tail.

Great fall cocktail.

87Flyfisher
AG
I really like Allspice Dram and Whiskey cocktails in the fall. This is another good one on the same theme.

Last Dance

3/4 oz Bourbon
3/4 oz Allspice Dram
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Benedictine
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Put everything in a mixing glass with ice, stir or shake and strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with lemon twist.
SpiderDude
AG
Highly experimental daiquiri-ish cocktail. For now I'll call it a Grandpa's Cough Syrup Sour. Contains pineapple rum, yellow Chartreuse along with some citrus and Grenadine. Needs some refining. Might add some allspice dram the next iteration.
Cromagnum
AG
87Flyfisher said:

I really like Allspice Dram and Whiskey cocktails in the fall. This is another good one on the same theme.

Last Dance

3/4 oz Bourbon
3/4 oz Allspice Dram
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Benedictine
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Put everything in a mixing glass with ice, stir or shake and strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with lemon twist.

How sweet does that one read?

Edit: Just tried it and found it to be too sour actually.
SpiderDude
AG
Cheers to Thanksgiving Week! Gobble gobble up your favorite cocktails boys and girls!
Sazerac
AG
Cheers, SD
jh0400
AG
Found a recipe in Difford's Guide for the Yellow Cocktail. It's equal parts gin, lemon juice, yellow chartreuse, and Suze.

Outdoorag011
I have a bunch of bourbon I wanna use for Thanksgiving cocktails. Any recommendations?
FarmerJohn
AG
https://www.seriouseats.com/fall-classic-bourbon-apple-cocktail-recipe-gramercy-tavern

Been a favorite for a couple years now.
beagle2009
AG
Happy Thanksgiving!
SpiderDude
AG
beagle2009 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

SpiderDude
AG
I don't have pics but I made a bomb ass cranberry simple for Holiday Old Fashioned and Whiskey sours. Equal parts water, sugar and fresh cranberries (I did a cup each). Bring water and sugar to boil until dissolved. Add cranberries. Cut heat and let steep for one hour. Strain and bottle. You can add a sprig of rosemary with the berries if you like.
SpiderDude
AG
Saved By The Bourbon!!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0IauN7xxwt/?igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==
HTownAg98
I've probably asked this before, but what is a decent bourbon to recommend for batched Old-Fashioneds for a holiday party? I've been using Old Forrester BiB, and it makes a pretty tasty cocktail. I have the rye to batch, but looking for a decent bourbon that won't break the bank.
aggiesundevil4
AG
I do batch old fashioneds with half knob creek and half bulleit rye and liber and co heavy gum syrup, and people absolutely love it, and it is affordable to provide to people.
SpiderDude
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

I do batch old fashioneds with half knob creek and half bulleit rye and liber and co heavy gum syrup, and people absolutely love it, and it is affordable to provide to people.

You'll never hear me complain about KC120 or even the 100 proof staple. 9 years age stated... Can't beat it. I always have Early Times on my bar. At $20ish bucks for a liter of BiB goodness it's tough to beat and you won't be ashamed to throw it in whatever cocktail you choose.
jcbaggie04
AG
Enhanced simple syrups are awesome. This is a drink I like in the winter months. This thread is amazing btw.

2 oz Bulleit Rye Whiskey
1/4 oz Ginger Simple Syrup
3-4 Dashes Angostura bitters
Fresh peeled ginger
Ginger ale

Muddle two dime-sized pieces of fresh peeled ginger in the ginger simple syrup and bitters. Add ice and 2 ounces of rye. Shake, strain, and pour into an old-fashioned glass over rocks. Top off with a splash of ginger ale.
SpiderDude
AG
Ginger Simple is a favorite of mine. How do you make yours? I've tried different methods. I've roughly chopped it and let it simmer for a bit. The heat subdues the ginger a bit. I've also blended it up with water, then strained and added the sugar with just enough heat to combine. This extracts more juice and is more pungent.
jcbaggie04
AG
I usually just chop several good pieces of ginger root into water and steep it for a while then make the syrup and store in fridge
SpiderDude
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
That sounds pretty dang good
SpiderDude
AG
It was Herbalicious!
SpiderDude
AG
Calling this one St. Nick's Sour.
Parts:
1 lemon juice
1 cranberry rosemary simple
2 rye
.75 Campari
.75 Sweet Vermouth
1 egg white
Garnish: candied cranberries

txag2008
AG
Follower of Educated Barfly? That was one he posted on somewhat recently.
SpiderDude
AG
Si senor.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Hey do you have any Elijah Craig?
digging tunnels
AG
is that a yeti cup with a shaker top/strainer? if so, where do you get those?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.