Food & Spirits
Sponsored By

******************SCOTCH*****************

152,403 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by AgBQ-00
Cyprian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went for this one from Total Wines Concierge

Glenmorangie 'A Tale of Winter' Single Malt, 13 years

From the website

"Matured in ex-Bourbon casks, and finished in Marsala Wine Casks from Sicily. Color: Rustic Gold. Aroma: Light flurries of fruit and honey. Taste: Torrents of cocoa dust, flakes of red pepper and chunks of brazil nut toffee. Finish: Swirls of cinnamon, ginger and clove."

I was sold

-------------
This isn't Vietnam, there are rules
AgInSingapore
AG
I did as well, almost went for two bottles but decided on just the one to start.
AgBQ-00
AG
That sounds delicious
AgBQ-00
AG
Enjoying my trusty pour tonight. Balvenie 12 Doublewood
AgInSingapore
AG
Grabbed an Octomore 12.1 from Total Wine Concierge...

"Distilled in 2015 from the 2014 harvest of 100% Scottish grown Concerto barley. Malted to 130.8 PPM. Opens on zesty citrus freshness and earthy peat smoke…Coconut and chocolate, vanilla and caramel follow and as the aromas open further cinder toffee and layers of peat smoke and honey come to the fore. Peppery and sweet on the palate, with a texture of warm golden syrup…The finish brings salted caramel with floral and herbal notes. Honeysuckle, primrose and then gentle peat smoke, as ever, the note that drifts on the longest."
AgBQ-00
AG
I saw that! Was very close to grabbing a bottle. Would love to know how it is
AgInSingapore
AG
I'll let you know once it arrives, says winter 2021-2022 so still have a bit to wait...
AgBQ-00
AG
Anyone ever tried any of the Blackadder independent bottlings?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Picked up an Ardbeg 10 to try out. I don't go through Scotch too quickly, so I don't get to try too many that often.

I asked for recs a while back based on my prior bottle and liking it, Laphroaig 10, and Ardbeg was mentioned. The two 10 year bottles are very close to one another on that handy scotch chart! (Saved it so I have on hand). Had been meaning to pick up another bottle for a while now.
SpiderDude
AG
I went to an Ardbeg event at a local liquor store several months ago. They had pretty much their entire lineup for sampling... and of course I tried them all! While I did like their higher proof/ cask strength stuff I ended up purchasing the An Oa. It was what I considered the best "bang for the buck". Great flavor and finish.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whisky-review-ardbeg-oa/
AgInSingapore
AG
I have a bottle of Blackadder Raw Cask 1990 Dalmore but haven't ever opened it since it has LOTS of sediment in it from the cask. Purchased it on a whim back in the day and now it just collects dust on the shelf.
AgBQ-00
AG
The Black Adder I saw on concierge piqued my interest. I ended up passing. Will have to look for them in the future

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.