Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************SCOTCH*****************

270,215 Views | 1656 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AgInSingapore
AgInSingapore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also the distorted reflection in the bottle looks like one of the bad guys from The Fifth Element, thought that was humorous
TheCellarDoor
AG
Unfortunately I don't. Came to me this way. Seals and all still in tact though.
AgInSingapore
AG
Tough to say cause you'd have to find someone that is really interested in JW and is willing to pay. I'd say 800 to 950 may be possible if you find the right buyer, if it's a collector maybe less without the original packaging.
AgInSingapore
AG
Was thinking and The Whisky Exchange www.thewhiskyexchange.com has an email where you can send a pic and I belive they will give you a valuation, might give you a better idea on market value.
Bigfootisreal
Picked up a Glenfiddich Amontillado cask finish tonight. Their standard 12 year finished in Amontillado sherry casks. Will have to try it this weekend. Think it was about $60.
AgInSingapore
AG
I've seen that on the shelf and was interested but hadn't pulled the trigger. Look forward to what your thoughts are.
Bigfootisreal
Pleasantly surprised by this. Standard Glenfiddich nose, but tons of pear, raisin, and maybe creme brle's? Finnish is very dry but lingers well. A little cocoa and hint of cinnamon on the end.
AgInSingapore
AG
Sounds good, I figured the sherry would improve the standard glenfiddich 12.
AgInSingapore
AG
Found a 2022 Bunnahabhain cask strength at specs today, only had one bottle so I bought it.
Cromagnum
AG
AgInSingapore said:

Found a 2022 Bunnahabhain cask strength at specs today, only had one bottle so I bought it.

Have it. Love it.
AgInSingapore
AG
Excellent to hear, everything I saw online said it was a good one!
AgInSingapore
AG
Tons of Ardbeg bizzarebq at Spec's I10 and Wirt location, saw it myself Friday. Didn't get one because I was getting the last two Ardcores out of lockup, a man has to have limits!!!!
Cromagnum
AG
AgInSingapore said:

Tons of Ardbeg bizzarebq at Spec's I10 and Wirt location, saw it myself Friday. Didn't get one because I was getting the last two Ardcores out of lockup, a man has to have limits!!!!

How is the Ardcore?

I had the Arrrrrdbeg and Hypernova, but not that one.
AgInSingapore
AG
It's alright, but in all honesty save your money for something else, have a pour at a bar or friend's place before pulling the trigger if you see a bottle. I only grabbed these two for my collection/bunker/retirement whisky.
AgBQ-00
AG
Did you see the Calvados offerings from concierge? They look really interesting to me
AgInSingapore
AG
I sure did, very interesting offers there, but I am going to skip as I have to go get a surprise bottle of Four Roses Limited Edition they emailed me about.

Also, got an email off Laphroaig today announcing they are changing packaging, tubes are going away in favor of boxes, and the bottle toppers will no longer be plastic but made of beechwood.
AgBQ-00
AG
I was thinking they might make a good holiday season drink like a hard spiced cider or something along those lines.
AgInSingapore
AG
I could see that, the rhum finished one had me thinking about it.
AgInSingapore
AG
My 2 bottles of ardbeg bizarreBQ have arrived at TotalWine, will go grab them at some point. Shame I went to another TotalWine today to get something else, would have beennice to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Cromagnum
AG
AgInSingapore said:

It's alright, but in all honesty save your money for something else, have a pour at a bar or friend's place before pulling the trigger if you see a bottle. I only grabbed these two for my collection/bunker/retirement whisky.

The only exception I take with lots of distilleries (Ardbeg notably) are these no age statement blends. Some taste pretty good, but I can't shake the feeling I'm getting duped by young whiskey.
AgInSingapore
AG
Wholeheartedly agree, drives me crazy paying some of the prices but not knowing exactly what I'm getting. Ardbeg and Glenmorangie (no shock here that these two are my main culprits) do hide behind a great tale of their latest contributions, but won't say the age on quite a few of their special releases. That said, the real hitters they've dropped keep me going back time and again.
AgInSingapore
AG
Ardbeg sent an email this morning saying a new drop is coming but with no details so a little internet searching and it seems they are releasing a 13 year that's standard juice and some finished in sauternes.
AgInSingapore
AG
BizarreBQ in hand, and the Specs I hit up on Friday had hibiki Harmony so snagged one since I haven't seen it in a long time. Just so hot in Houston right now I'll have to wait on cracking the Ardbeg, but tonight's Lone Star was spot on.
Cyprian
AG
AgInSingapore said:

BizarreBQ in hand, and the Specs I hit up on Friday had hibiki Harmony so snagged one since I haven't seen it in a long time. Just so hot in Houston right now I'll have to wait on cracking the Ardbeg, but tonight's Lone Star was spot on.

Yea i picked up 2 Harmony's last week for similar reason
BrokeAssAggie
Picked this up today
Bigfootisreal
Damn, Total Wine Concierge offered up an 18 year old Tamdhu. Normally tempting, but 240 bucks seems a lot. Any opinions? Never had anything from them, but the flavor profile sounds great!
AgInSingapore
AG
Saw that, like Tamdhu quite a bit, wife has really enjoyed some of the cask strength bottles from them, but 240 for 18 year had me take a pause. If it had been at 200 then would have been tough to pass on.... 240 is a no knowing stuff on the shelf from there is good in my book and for quite a few bucks less.
AgInSingapore
AG
Octomore 14.1, .2, and .3 available at Total Wine in the woodlands. They also have a random 13.2 as well.
Bigfootisreal
I cracked the concierge order of Glengoyne Legacy Series 3 last night. Man, what a great pour. Nose was cinnamon rolls with raisins and some pear. Lots of Sherry evident and a definite sticky bun(?) flavor. Think cinnamon roll flavor with no cinnamon! Crazy good for $85/bottle and the wife even liked it.
AgInSingapore
AG
Glenmorangie A Tale of Tokyo has hit shelves, if you get it go to Spec's as it's 30 bucks cheaper than total wine. I cracked it as soon as I got home and it is very good. Really pick up the sherry, and it's sweet yet spicy. Not as good as a tale of cake but I will buy a few more bottles for the collection.
AgInSingapore
AG
Total Wine dropped their price by like 30 on this one, wonder if they got word they were way high versus local competition.
Cromagnum
AG
AgInSingapore said:

Octomore 14.1, .2, and .3 available at Total Wine in the woodlands. They also have a random 13.2 as well.

I thought the 13 series was terrible. Haven't tried yet but hope the 14 series is better. Nothing so far has held a candle to the 7 series ones.
AgBQ-00
AG
If you've got 100K euros sitting around you too can have some Ardbeg casked in 1980 and 1989
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/2023/11/14/ardbeg-releases-historic-once-in-a-lifetime-bottlings-from-the-1980s/
AgInSingapore
AG
You haven't already pre-order, slipping AgBQ.... hahaha, too rich for my blood!
AgInSingapore
AG
Saw 6 bottles of Blue Spot at Total Wine, shame they have it priced at 289.99, gonna keep my money in my pocket at that level.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.