Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************SCOTCH*****************

270,207 Views | 1656 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AgInSingapore
AgInSingapore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have not seen it in some time. If i do see one and you want it lemme know and I'll get one for you, no upcharge, retail plus whatever sales tax is.
MediAg13
AG
AgInSingapore said:

Have not seen it in some time. If i do see one and you want it lemme know and I'll get one for you, no upcharge, retail plus whatever sales tax is.

Please do, I would be very grateful!
AgInSingapore
AG
Will do Medi
dsvogel05
AG
Sadly, it's not longer being produced.
MediAg13
AG
This is the saddest news I've heard today. Haven't been able to find anything else to replace it yet
AgInSingapore
AG
Chin up, doesn't mean they are all gone from the stores, just may prove more difficult to find... and I love a good challenge.
AgInSingapore
AG
Found a Laphroaig 16 year old, bought that one immediately.
MediAg13
AG
AgInSingapore said:

Chin up, doesn't mean they are all gone from the stores, just may prove more difficult to find... and I love a good challenge.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere! I look/ask at every store I go to haha
AgInSingapore
AG
I looked today but no success. May have a chance to look north of San Antonio Saturday
MediAg13
AG
Really do appreciate you keeping an eye out. I feel like I've scoured the south and west side of DFW.
AgInSingapore
AG
I'm in Houston but visiting friends this weekend in SA. I have a couple other spots that may have it collecting dust here, just haven't been in the area to pop in and see. Fingers crossed I see that maroon tube at some point.
AgInSingapore
AG
Popped into TW at lunch today and happened upon the Glenmorangie 12 Year finished in Palo Cortado cask. It's the same series as the cognac finished and malaga finished bottles. Wasn't looking for it, had no idea it had made it stateside, so had to get it when I realized what it was.
Bigfootisreal
Funny I just got ae email about that today! Sounds delicious!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Discussion topic: How many open bottles of scotch do y'all normally have? What kinds/quantities of each?

At most, I've only ever had 2 bottles open at a time. Currently I have 1 bottle, a bottle to be opened (BizarreBQ), and a couple ounces I saved of Ardbeg 10 in a little jar for a rainy day.
Bigfootisreal
I currently have open: Oban 14, Car Isla 12, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, Glenfiddich 18 and Iverson 33. Just finished off a bottle of Dalmore 14 I opened at Christmas. I do, however, drink a good bit of bourbon as well.
AgInSingapore
AG
I'm out of town so I'll revisit this, it's a good question.
MediAg13
AG
Currently have Balvenie 12, 14, 16, 17 (the best) and 21 open. Dalmore cigar malt and MacAllan A Night on Earth in Scotland. I alternate between scotch and bourbon depending on the night and what sounds good.
AgInSingapore
AG
No Balvenie success on the north side of San Antonio. I did happen to find two Glenmorangie A Tale of Winter and an Ardbeg Drum of all things. Also got a Red Spot and a Penderyn Rhiannon.
AgInSingapore
AG
Well, seems I only have two scotch bottles open out of 12 open bottles, Macallan Harmony 2nd edition and an octomore. Half left in macallan and maybe 2 pours in the octomore. Other open bottles are various other whiskies, just not scotch.

I have been trying to behave with my intake so popping open bottles has slowed down some, and in this heat sometimes a cold lone star is a better option
Chipotlemonger
AG
I hear you there! My wine intake kind of naturally phases to heavier on the whites/roses this time of year. Not even consciously, just kind of does. Same with liquor, I tend to go back to tequila and gin this time of year when I do have liquor. Neither goes 100% either way though.

I also benefit from living in a climate that is not near the heat that I grew up in. Still have to wear jackets at night and early morning. So that helps out.
AgBQ-00
AG
My open bottles of scotch that I have not touched since new years: Ardbeg 10, Lagavulin 16, Glenkinchie 12, Glenmorangie 10, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, Balvenie Double Wood 12, Balvenie Port wood 21 and a 200ml of Jw black.
AgInSingapore
AG
You doing a dry '23?
AgInSingapore
AG
I'll nightcap with a whisky or two this time of year in Houston. Ranch waters after working outside on the weekend (real ones with tequila and topo) or beer. Like a GnT as well, that was my drink of choice in Sing, but rarely have tonic at the house when I want one.
AgBQ-00
AG
Saving my drinking for celebrations and holidays. Have been grinding trying to get back in a shape other than round.
AgInSingapore
AG
Good for you man, makes it that much more enjoyable when you do have a dram.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Was finally able to get around to opening this. Smoke lovers, this is your scotch. I love it.

AgInSingapore
AG
Awesome, I can't wait till mine arrive! The bigger the smoke and peat the better in my book.
AgInSingapore
AG
2023 Laphroaig Cairdeas hitting shelves now...
AgInSingapore
AG
Ardbeg Heavy Vapours Committee Day bottles I ordered have arrived, gotta get over to TW to pick them up!
AgInSingapore
AG
Picked them up tonight, and got confirmation the third bottle is being held for me elsewhere, gonna grab that Monday.

Will do a little lunch hunt tomorrow but don't expect to see anything, buddy at work wants to go poke around. Still know where an Ardbeg 25 is hiding but not feeling the 1k drop at the moment, can make that work better elsewhere.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ardbeg 25. Sounds excellent.
AgInSingapore
AG
Yeah... one day I'll pull the trigger but that's a tough price tag for a single bottle. Maybe sell a macallan cask strength I've got and dive in! Who am I kidding, I'll never sell anything in my collection, be like selling a child. And what would I drink in retirement?
AgInSingapore
AG
Heads-up on this Glenmorangie, if you get one try to get it at Spec's, they have it for 35 dollars less than Total Wine. I swear TW just effs with customers with pricing on some things, a 35 dollar delta is absurd when comparing two non mom and pop shops.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Hey guys, looking for a valuation on this unopened bottle. This came into my possession a few years back, and I'm not a huge Smokey Scotch fan.

I can find bourbon valuations pretty easily but not as well on scotch. Thanks for the help!
AgInSingapore
AG
Do you have the box it came in?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.