Business & Investing
Sponsored by

On the subject of risky plays... FTCH

58,400 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ulrich
Tag77
How long do you want to ignore this user?

[This message has been edited by Tag77 (edited 5/31/2009 9:57p).]

[This message has been edited by Tag77 (edited 6/25/2011 5:06p).]
Levins Market
Thanks for bringing some wit to this thread... much appreciated!

I have two "sucker bets" in my play money portfolio that have done well for me so far.

Gotta keep a little excitement around when my blues and tech/pharm big board stocks are in hibernation!
Dan Scott
AG
I woke up this morning after dreaming this stock was at $4.00 by Wednesday. Off to go good start so far. Stupid class starts today so I can't watch the market all day anymore.
TriumphForks
AG
Right there with you Dan. Screw summer school.
pattybrhg
With the volatility on this one, you're probably better off not watching it all day anyway.
IsThatATitleist?
That's $4 and not .04 right???
SJEAg
AG
bleh
tamuaggie2007
AG
Pass the doggy bag...
aggzwin
AG
this stock is starting to piss me off
TriumphForks
AG
This stock has done a complete nosedive since the instant I bought it. Quite annoying.
SJEAg
AG
I think we're stagnant or probably worse until some actual revenue/sales numbers get released. Pretty clear the PRs they do release lately aren't doing much. Stock needs new investors, not gonna happen without something concrete IMO
Levins Market
NITE should be shot in the head....

He's trying to set this up in a trading channel. He is single-handedly controlling the PPS right now.

Jim and Frank really need to release their updated financials along with the formalized signing of the A/S reduction. That alone will be a huge positive.
TriumphForks
AG
*facepalm*
FIVE. FREAKING. CENTS.

I wonder what good old Mr. Bigz has to say. "Bullish" most likely.
Bird Poo
AG
This would be a great college thesis on the psycology of investors who follow other people's recommendations.
claym711
AG
I'm not sure I really buy into the whole "MM" conspiracy theory stuff.
Ragoo
AG
looks like we had a good buy
Levins Market
K2-99...That's why I said do your research. You'll feel much better about a pick if you know what you're investing in.

Did you guys see what NITE did there... he lowered his ask to .04 and had some insane spread of .04 x .058 and got all the other MMs to back off. He then hit the .04 with panics, got buyers, rose it to .05, got hit, then rose it to .058, now I'm going to guess he'll induce sells again by hitting .05....

He's trying to set this thing up in a channel where he can make $$$ over and over again. He just needs to get cleaned out.

What I hate about NITE is that he IS Ameritrade, and Ameritrade is known for the novice trader. He knows how to screw with some investors minds.
AeroAg1
AG
TA gagged?
Jeff99
I considered buying more at .04, but I have enough allocated to this for my risk apetite.
gaslaw
NITE also is used by Scottrade from what I understand.

hangman
I had like $1200 in at .11. I think I might want $1000 more but not sure if I should pull the trigger. This is actually the only stock I'm in right now. I'm not poor, just 19 .
HawgDriver1
AG
hangman, I said that at .15, then again at .115, then again at .095, then I couldn't pass it up again at .06....What do they say about the definition of insanity???

Well, just for effect, I am thinking of adding more if it drops below .05 again. This is either going to be my biggest payday or worst gamble, there is not inbetween.
AeroAg1
AG
What is the issue with the gagged TA? Does this have to do with the share reductin?
Levins Market
sorry...wasn't around the computer last half of yesterday.

Per Jim, Yes, ta is gagged until A/S reduction is complete. I have urged him to ungag before then, because the staying power of some investors is going to wane if he doesn't ungag it.

Oh geez hangman... your whole portfolio is FTCH? You gotta be diverse my friend! Putting all your eggs into a volatile stock like this is ballsy!!
SJEAg
TriumphForks
AG
quote:
Oh geez hangman... your whole portfolio is FTCH? You gotta be diverse my friend! Putting all your eggs into a volatile stock like this is ballsy!!

And unfortunately for some of us, it's only been volatile in one direction.
JBRAG
LOL look out below.
Only down 75% or so since I bought. Starting to look like every other pink. Be glad to eat my words if they ungag and put out a PR with something concrete not just projections based on what they hope to do.
SJEAg
AG
man, I am glad I sold a chunk at .16

Still down some since I been buying back on it's drops...but gotta hope it finds a bottom at some point.
Post removed:
by user
Jeff99
The transfer agent has been gagged. The transfer agent keeps the official record of shares issues/outstanding. When the TA is gagged it makes people suspicious of the possibility of new shares being issued, causing dilution.
Tag77
aggzwin
AG
I wonder how much $$ has been lost by texags users on FTCH.
MPRsearch
AG
i dont get it, what is the benefit of a gagged TA? Better yet, why even do that?

[This message has been edited by TheMPRecruiter (edited 6/2/2009 12:08p).]
coop214
AG
This stock sucks. Hopefully it gets to 7 cents so i can sell it.
Jeff99
They're saying it's necessary in order to change the number of approved shares from 1 billion to 200 million. The obvious concern is that they're trying to issue new shares in a private offering. You generally gag the TA when you're doing that type of transaction.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.