Business & Investing
Sponsored by

On the subject of risky plays... FTCH

58,399 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ulrich
aggzwin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no, there is not unless the shares are restricted in some way

regardless they bought a .05 so I would think that should create some sort of floor in the stock price considering the float is only 19 mill

I'm not sure, I'm by no means very well versed with investing stuff like this, I am just thinking out loud
aggzwin
AG
they very well could have dumped some today in the .8's-.9, hence the big drop mid morning but I am not sure, someone on IHUB said they would think these shares would be restricted but I dont know how to find that out.
tamuaggie2007
AG
I think that's where the transfer agent comes into play. They could give the updated float, restricted, etc. shares. Outside of that, I think it would all be speculation...
Cru
S
Levins is legit. I've known the guy since 2006, and he is an Aggie grad, class of 2004.

and if this stock ends up failing in the long run, I'm going to kick his ass.

[This message has been edited by Cru (edited 5/22/2009 5:49p).]
aggzwin
AG
in regards to levins, i now know his name and where he tailgates, if it fails I will hunt him down and kick him square in the nuts, j/k

Cru
S
nm

[This message has been edited by Cru (edited 5/22/2009 6:33p).]
HawgDriver1
AG
Give him a swift kick for me as well!!!

In all seriousness, this has been an interesting and informative adventure...all 18 pages. I've never delt with penny stocks before and my first experience has so far been an abject failure in timing (story of my life) which has more to do with my investing ineptness and less to do with Levin's input. I've enjoyed his (and others') wisdom in this game.

I'm at the top end of my pain threshold so this is a little more nerve racking than if it was just a few hundred dollars, but I certainly can't blame anyone but myself on that. If F3 is really gearing itself toward listing with the major exchanges at some point in the future, you'd think this stock has no where to go but up....however, to date we've seen differently. I really hope the 'believers' are correct!
Levins Market
Maybe we should have a "Kick Levins in the nuts" booth at the first home tailgate next year if this doesn't work out for each of you...

Sorry I couldn't be around today, but I'm out of town for the weekend... Someone pointed me your way and informed there were a few questions...Here's an answer to some of the questions...

quote:
I'd much rather see debt paydown from net operating income. These guys are just now getting revenue, as in we are in month 3 of revenue generation. It's hard for them to do that at this point. However, when the current financials are released in 2 weeks, you'll be happy to see the profit margins and the revenue generated thus far and how far ahead of plan they are.

It's my own fault for buying the hype, but as I peruse the YE 08 financial info I'm left with a few questions. Remember they've been negative since their inception

-$10k burn rate - YE 08 op exp was $163k or $14k a month with a 10% YoY increase from 07.
What is included in this burn rate? Seems light unless Frank is paid in stock/deferred compensation. Also - R&D costs in 08 was $100k alone. Frank and Jim do not have salaries and are using their earnings from the dot com days and their executive salary "savings" from other companies. Burn rate includes travel, lease payments and administrative salaries, etc.

-Coastal deal rev - $75k less burn rate of $10k =$65k per month - where is the Cash Flow going? Why the need for $100k unless projections aren't in line? The coastal deal is in its first-second month of revenue generation, so you can imagine that they are not using that cash flow yet

-$180K note obligation in default (borrowed in April 07 and was to be repaid July 07) - any time table to repay or is this the reason for the capital raise. I do not have the answer to this question, but I do know the capital raised last week in the 2 million shares sold is not for this note.

-Audited financials - Jim Carter works for JPC Capital which is the investment firm owned by Jim Canouse - who is also the Senior VP of Finance and Investor Relation contact. Working at a start up myself I can understand wanting to use someone that would do it for free (or at a substantially discounted price) but the lack of an uninterested, unbiased third party concerns me. Understandable, but cutting costs is their #1 goal, and I have no reason to believe they would cook the books... heck, they are reporting a net cash loss on the books from 2008

As always these are just my observations regarding the company and I wish I had done more work. Luckily the amount of money invested is not substantial, but as was echoed on the 1st page do your own DD and determine if you are comfortable with the risks!
I'm glad you raised these questions, and I welcome more... If I don't know the answer I will try to find out, or you can call Jim Canouse at the IR number posted on the site.

As for the shares dumped today, yes it looks like from the trade log that most, if not all from the 2 million were dumped at a profit in the .08-.09 range.

I am under the impression from management that there will be a PR Tuesday-Wednesday detailing all hard numbers on current contracts, which will include users and revenue.

As I said earlier, the mgmt team is releasing their first updated financials since year end 2008.

Sorry I won't be around the rest of the weekend. Please have a safe and fun Memorial Day, and I'll see you guys on Tuesday.

Take Care!

[This message has been edited by Levins Market (edited 5/22/2009 6:44p).]
JBRAG
quote:
Understandable, but cutting costs is their #1 goal, and I have no reason to believe they would cook the books... heck, they are reporting a net cash loss on the books from 2008

Levins - Appreciate the responses. I'm not trying to be accusatory and I know from my own current experiences with a start-up you cut costs whenever and wherever possible. I don't feel they have reason to cook the books, but this was just something that stuck out to me as I was reading the 10-k.

Thanks and have a great weekend.
The Fall Guy
AG
Here we go again
SJEAg
AG
Looking better now...
wealeat09
AG
I'm debating whether or not I want to hop out and break even.
gaslaw
The lady needs a brand new pair of shoes. FTCH needs to go up up up.

The shoes are very expensive.
Levins Market
Been trading very well today... only a couple of small sellers at the start. I've been very busy today and will this afternoon, but FTCH looks like she's regaining strength.

All technicals look good on todays charts. Between this one and my other gamble penny stock RTGV (merger news coming this week... hint , it looks like a good start to the week.... well except for all my big board stocks.

[This message has been edited by Levins Market (edited 5/26/2009 1:28p).]
Jeff99
Merger news?
Levins Market
merger news on RGTV, not F3...

They've been negotiating a merger for sometime, and Thursday is the deadline for an announcement.

Based on the buying recently, one can assume it may be insiders, or not... either way, its experiencing some nice gains recently and is set to take off.

This is by no means a long term play for me... I'm just looking for ~.10, and then I'm out... but if the Europeans start buying back in RGTV could really go past .10 to a much much higher price in the next couple of months.
Ragoo
AG
up 31% today
Levins Market
good close today... up 28%... regaining its momentum. Finish with ~2M in volume tomorrow and green, and the bulls will have officially taken back over.

Today will hit a lot of radars tonight. I'd expect some new money tomorrow. Another PR on Thursday would be nice timing... I'd expect it to detail the Ascend launch and revenue from Interaction thus far. It's a possibility they'd split those two into two seperate PRs, but either way, they will be good ones.

Have a good evening Texaggers!
tamuaggie2007
AG
quote:
I just know when they'll use it, and that will be around the .10-.12 mark.

I hope your boys are getting their cannons loaded. This thing is embarking on a nice, steady climb (or at least, the signs point to it).

trueblue82
Been in RTGV for a month or so. I like where it's headed this week.
HawgDriver1
AG
http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/playavideo.aspx?v_id=370

Updated chart analysis by MrBigz on IHUB. As I said before, most of this is gibberish to me, but everyone seems very bullish again. I'll take a .02 increase every day this week and be happy with it!
Tabasco
AG
I understand it, and it sounds good, but...

In his last charting, he said he would like a pullback to .09, then to the moon since no resistance until .60... but he added that there is support at .09, .07, and .06 or some crap like that. Everyone on that board was worshiping his name when it went to .09 "Just like BIGZ said!!!". Less praise when it went to .08, .07, .06, .05.

This time, he is now saying there is resistance at .083, .09, .10, etc and thinks it will make a run to .28 or something. I call BS. Maybe it will make a run, but I don't think this thinly traded penny stock lends itself to technical analysis as well as other stocks... but what do I know.

I think the main thing to take from it is that there are some bullish indicators that are beginning to develop. However, I think this think could just as easily drop to .05 as it can go to .11. I hope I am wrong and this thing shoots up to .28 and .60, and $10, but it is very premature to get a hard on yet.

Levins Market
I agree with Tabasco for the most part. There are variables that need to happen for it to do its thing.

Last time, we didn't foresee a 2 million share dilution to a creditor.... which in turn caused a sell off.

The key thing here is volume. It won't need as much as the first run, but we still need to be 1.9 million plus, which shouldn't be too hard given how thinly traded it is.

Tabasco was dead on about one thing... Technical Analysis is great and it will return you a marginal profit if you're good at it, but TA on low float penny stocks is a lot different than TA on a big board stock. All it takes is a couple big sellers to knock it 50%, and all it takes is a couple big buyers to up it 50%.... as seen here recently.

Good luck to all of you today.
HawgDriver1
AG
Levin, are you watching any of the other stocks continuall listed on IHUB's 15 most active forums?
Levins Market
Yes, one other... RTGV... I expect some big news this week or next, but I have only limited myself to one extra penny stock.

I don't have the stomach for three or more penny stocks... haha! I just believe in FTCH, and I have a very good feeling RTGV is going to make me some quick scratch. I know the Europeans really want to buy them since the dollar is falling. I'd be shocked if we didn't see a PR on RTGV in the next few days announcing something about a merger of some sorts.
Levins Market
at this rate, we should see close to 3 million in volume today....

moving up nice and slow... just knocked down the .09s at the ask... .0948 is up and has been hit, and then its .10, then .12

[This message has been edited by Levins Market (edited 5/27/2009 9:20a).]
Levins Market
.10 print at 702K volume...
Token
AG
even though i bought more at .12, i am betting i'll be able to come back on that purchase within the next couple of days

lets hope the stock moves up
Levins Market
holding steady at a 15% gain...

On a side note... RTGV got news just 5 minutes ago. Merger coming this month.
quote:

RTG Ventures Moving Toward NMTV

2009-05-27 15:30 ET - News Release

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/27/09

RTGV (OTCBB: RTGV) successfully launched its investor awareness website (http://www.rtgventures.com) 6 weeks ago as another milestone toward concluding the Share Exchange Agreement and becoming New Media Television, Inc. (NMTV). The growth engine for the company is new media and the evolving opportunities for the exclusive broadband technology and digital applications, as well as the traditional lines available to the studio, film optioning and financing, production and distribution for cinema and television. NMTV's vision as a fully-integrated media vehicle continues to develop.

Alongside the explosive growth of broadband and online video, time spent on social networks has surpassed that of email, signaling a paradigm shift in consumer usage patterns. In order to be in a leading position to leverage this trend, NMTV has initiated a project to integrate its own social network into the Business Plan. This would represent another revenue stream, while reinforcing the synergy with the providers of niche content. Marketers have yet to master advertising on social media, but Neilson Research has predicted "over the next 12 months a model will emerge that takes into account the influence factor of users who wield disproportionate power." NMTV intends to be on the forefront of the advertising model and revenue stream.

On the payment systems side of the business, Barry Fludgate, NMTV's designate-CEO and CFO of RTGV indicates NMTV is better positioned than ever in this business: "After decades of oftentimes predatory credit systems, the current economic climate suggests a model for independent, cost-effective secure digital payment systems which are user-friendly and transparent while providing significant benefits to cash flow and profitability for NMTV. What began as a payment system for the media side of the business will now have a full consumer side." The acquisition of Web-Pay prior to closing, will provide NMTV's epaypoint with a second brand, as well as experienced management with Steve Howes, its CEO.

Within the next month, Linda Perry, RTGV's CEO will travel to London to develop a timeline for the closing in New York City. The timeline, including the closing date, will be announced to shareholders by RTGV from London. An equally important purpose of the trip is to meet with European investors and to assess certain business development opportunities which include: acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and specific project funding which are potentially of interest to the venture going forward. NMTV intends to be positioned to take advantage of the best situations available in the current environment.

The officers of both companies are very excited about the prospects going forward in what has become an enhanced investment opportunity for its shareholders. The Business Plan and its execution will represent a seamless transition as business development has been taking place while the details and clean up has occurred pre-business combination. We expect the shareholders to be very pleased with the resultant, sustainable venture which has been methodically designed to enhance shareholder value.

About NMTV: NMTV is a media venture utilizing a new exclusive broadband technology which delivers multicast transmissions ensuring TV quality without buffering or freezing. Its infrastructure is comprised of an established studio complex outside of London with six operational subsidiaries, an investment vehicle which owns the freehold on the studio property, and a television production operation which has joint venture agreements with 15 internet channels. The Company has a payment system product with two brands, epaypoint and Web-Pay, geared to the Internet and designed to accommodate exponential demand for media and is a natural extension for NMTV. Initiatives are also underway in Reality TV and ongoing natural history filming. Other subsidiaries hold film interests via script rights.

Safe Harbor Provisions: The foregoing contains certain predictive statements that relate to future events or future business and financial performance. Such statements can only be predictions, and the actual events or results may differ from those discussed due to, among other things, those risks described in RTGV's reports filed with the SEC. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. This document is published solely for information purposes, and is not to be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in any state. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Additional information is available upon request.

Investor Relations Contact Info:

Dale Baeten
Email Contact
920 418 0153

Ragoo
AG
picked up 3200 shares of RTGV this morn at 0.037
SJEAg
AG
seems like FTCH always has a sell off the last 15 min each day
Levins Market
that was UBSS swapping shares and getting someone to sell. He's back to .10 ...

The only thing that the last 15 minutes concerns me about for you short termers is that it won't hit as many radars tonight with a 2.5% gain. Had it stayed 15%, then you would have seen more faces.

I'm okay with impatient people getting out... leaves more for the longs in this range. I'm not dropping my next grandfather load until we see mid to upper teens. Until then, I'm sidelined and watching.

Still green, and still GREAT money flow into this.
HawgDriver1
AG
Congrats on your RTGV call. Hope you got a nice bounce on the news.

LM, you said on IHUB you were holding out for $20/share in a few years. Did I read that right? Surly you didn't mean just $0.20/share. Is that extreme exaggeration or do you really see this think exploding into double digit dollars per share? What would be the catalyst for that kind of growth? The launch of their other two products or are you more excited about the HOA software growth potential? Just trying to get a feel for when really big news can be expected this summer/fall timeframe (ie. uplisting to the major exchanges, Fargotupe launch, etc.)
old ag 2003
AG
Weird. Command Center says it closed at .095, but with only 1.1 mil volume. Strategy Desk and other stock sites show the other 80k or so volume and the drop to 8.5. Wonder why CC didn't account for this.
Levins Market
no you read it right... they want to be a $300 million company by 2011 and $500 million in 2012-2013.

If you do the math on that at a extremely conservative PE, you get a BOTTOM PPS of $20/share. More likely, it sits in the ~$40ish range.

They will uplist within the year.

They want to capture 1/4 of one percent of the CRM Ascend Market by 2011. Thats $287 million right there.

The Interaction market is set up to penetrate several verticals.

I urge you to call Jim Canouse at their company and have a conversation with him about their products and what he thinks about their goals and what type of verticals these can be utilized in.

Also, go take a look at all the SaaS stocks on the big boards... the one with the lowest PPS is at $21 last I checked.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.