***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,882 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Carlo4
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

mathguy86 said:

Players need to wear masks in the field. Not from the Rona but for the outgassing ketones from the plastic they are standing on.

And you loved the Astro Dome I'm sure

Laugh/cry
AstroTurf has its place.

In your backyard. At a Disch-Falk. In stadiums built in 196freaking2 with no removable roof.
Farmer1906
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

mathguy86 said:

Players need to wear masks in the field. Not from the Rona but for the outgassing ketones from the plastic they are standing on.

Laugh/cry
It was innovation 50 years ago that allowed us to not play in 100 degree Texas summers. You're just now catching up. Maybe the next stadium you build will have grass and a roof. 2045 ain't that far away.
Slamn Sharpe
Farmer1906 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

mathguy86 said:

Laugh/cry
It was innovation 50 years ago that allowed us to not play in 100 degree Texas summers. You're just now catching up. Maybe the next stadium you build will have grass and a roof. 2045 ain't that far away.

It really bugs you the Rangers got a brand new stadium huh?

Show us where the DFW touched you
jetch17
AG
Stros still undefeated

Bang bang!

Farmer1906
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

mathguy86 said:

Laugh/cry

This stadium isn't in D or FW.
CrawlingNo5
AG
1 game back with only 58 games remaining? Call me crazy but I'll take that all day and twice on Sunday. Nobody was expecting that back in March. Shows what a competent front office can do with out resorting to cheating.
Mathguy64
AG
58 games to go and the Rangers have only scored 2 lousy runs.
gigem1223
mathguy86 said:

58 games to go and the Rangers have only scored 2 lousy runs.

Username doesn't check out
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

The only thing that I'm jealous of about this place is it seems like an ideal place to store my lawn mower and my wheel barrow.

shhopkins
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

The only thing that I'm jealous of about this place is it seems like an ideal place to store my lawn mower and my wheel barrow.

Yea, it would be ideal if you had a bunch of hay to store.
Panama Red
AG
Things off to great start in Arlington

gigem1223
Panama Red said:

How'd Greinke do?
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

Panama Red said:

How'd Greinke do?

Not well but we have the lead
Cromagnum
AG
Astros 100% better than Rangers so far this season.
tjack16
AG
Cromagnum said:

Astros 100% better than Rangers so far this season.

But hey we cheated 3 years ago so we can't talk trash remember?
Panama Red
AG
gigem1223 said:

Panama Red said:

How'd Greinke do?

Better than Verlander apparently
xjrayx
AG

Not that injuries are something to trash talk over, but holy crap that is not good.
CampingAg
AG
Panama Red said:

tjack16
AG
Even without Verlander ... the Astros rotation is far better than the Rangers

But yeah losing him takes you from 2nd or 3rd WS favorite to probably 5-6th
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

Wut
gigem1223
Panama Red said:

Talk about a post blowing up in your face
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Wut

McCullers, Greinke and Urquidy >>>> Rangers rotation
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Wut

Blind homerism at its finest folks
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Wut

Blind homerism at its finest folks

Do explain who on the rotation is better than those 3.... I'm also taking into account that Kluber is injured.
tjack16
AG
Greinke in 2019: 2.90 ERA with Arizona, 3.02 with Houston (all star, 2nd team ALL MLB) ... he would be the Ace on the Rangers staff with those numbers

Urquidy in 2019: 3.95 ERA in 9 starts (had a rough few starts), also threw a 5.1 inning shutout in Game 5 of the World Series

McCullers: 2017 ALL Star, 2018: 3.86 ERA

Lynn and Minor are both solid ... but who's after that? If the Rangers have such a good rotation, they should easily make the playoffs right?
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

Greinke in 2019: 2.90 ERA with Arizona, 3.02 with Houston (all star, 2nd team ALL MLB)

Urquidy in 2019: 3.95 ERA in 9 starts (had a rough few starts), also threw a 5.1 inning shutout in Game 5 of the World Series

Lynn and Minor are both solid ... but who's after that? If the Rangers have such a good rotation, they should easily make the playoffs right?

Lol just not gonna list Lynn and Minor's stats? Wouldn't agree with your narrative would it? Lmao at throwing urquidy and McCullers into this with 2017 stats.

Also have you seen the rangers bat? If they do make the playoffs it'll be strictly on the backs of pitching.
Ag_07
AG
Or on the backs of adjusted rules that let more than half the league in.
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Greinke in 2019: 2.90 ERA with Arizona, 3.02 with Houston (all star, 2nd team ALL MLB)

Lol just not gonna list Lynn and Minor's stats? Wouldn't agree with your narrative would it? Lmao at throwing urquidy and McCullers into this with 2017 stats.

Also have you seen the rangers bat? If they do make the playoffs it'll be strictly on the backs of pitching.

Lynn had a 3.67 ERA, Minor had a 3.59

So Greinke is better than both of them. Also I have to put MCCullers older stats in because he missed last year. He had a good start yesterday though.

I guess I shouldnt have said "far superior" because that's not correct. I would take Greinke and McCullers over Lynn/Minor though.
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

So Greinke is better than both of them. Also I have to put MCCullers older stats in because he missed last year. He had a good start yesterday though.

I guess I shouldnt have said "far superior" because that's not correct. I would take Greinke and McCullers over Lynn/Minor though.

Astros fans please come bail your boy out. Lol at gauging pitchers strictly off of ERA. You judge hitters off of batting average too?
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Astros fans please come bail your boy out. Lol at gauging pitchers strictly off of ERA. You judge hitters off of batting average too?

Typically how baseball works is if you're a pitcher, you try to give up the least amount of runs as possible. As a hitter, you try to get a hit. Why don't you present some stats? Or do you just go off of "the eye test"?
Farmer1906
AG
Holy ***** The little Rangerettes start chirping when an injury happens. This clearly hurts, but Daddy is still
Light years ahead of y'all Arlingtinites.
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Typically how baseball works is if you're a pitcher, you try to give up the least amount of runs as possible. As a hitter, you try to get a hit. Why don't you present some stats? Or do you just go off of "the eye test"?

Or you know WAR....

We haven't even brought up the entire rotation which is about as deep as it gets in the AL with Gibson and Lyles as the 4/5.
xjrayx
AG
Can we please stop with the Daddy bit? It's creepy. Who still talks like that....
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

Holy ***** The little Rangerettes start chirping when an injury happens. This clearly hurts, but Daddy is still
Light years ahead of y'all Arlingtinites.

We weren't chirping till the cheater fan trolled the Kluber injury, then karma hit.
xjrayx
AG
Also I will say I'm so glad the Rangers don't have anyone like Chandler Rome covering them. That guy is freaking terrible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.