***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,851 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Carlo4
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

Greinke in 2019: 2.90 ERA with Arizona, 3.02 with Houston (all star, 2nd team ALL MLB)

Urquidy in 2019: 3.95 ERA in 9 starts (had a rough few starts), also threw a 5.1 inning shutout in Game 5 of the World Series

McCullers: 2017 ALL Star, 2018: 3.86 ERA

Lynn and Minor are both solid ... but who's after that? If the Rangers have such a good rotation, they should easily make the playoffs right?

Lol just not gonna list Lynn and Minor's stats? Wouldn't agree with your narrative would it? Lmao at throwing urquidy and McCullers into this with 2017 stats.

Also have you seen the rangers bat? If they do make the playoffs it'll be strictly on the backs of pitching.

Lynn had a 3.67 ERA, Minor had a 3.59

So Greinke is better than both of them. Also I have to put MCCullers older stats in because he missed last year. He had a good start yesterday though.

I guess I shouldnt have said "far superior" because that's not correct. I would take Greinke and McCullers over Lynn/Minor though.

Astros fans please come bail your boy out. Lol at gauging pitchers strictly off of ERA. You judge hitters off of batting average too?

Typically how baseball works is if you're a pitcher, you try to give up the least amount of runs as possible. As a hitter, you try to get a hit. Why don't you present some stats? Or do you just go off of "the eye test"?

Or you know WAR....

We haven't even brought up the entire rotation which is about as deep as it gets in the AL with Gibson and Lyles as the 4/5.

Well then I stand corrected. I'd still prefer to have Greinke and LMJ but I guess that'll just be personal preference.
xjrayx
AG
I think most teams would be more than happy with either the Rangers or Astros rotations. Problem we will run into is not having an offense to support ours...
tjack16
AG
xjrayx said:

I think most teams would be more than happy with either the Rangers or Astros rotations. Problem we will run into is not having an offense to support ours...

As much as I dislike the Rangers I think yall are just 2 or 3 offensive pieces away. Gallo is special (if he keeps his K numbers down)

That's why I was surprised y'all went in for pitching this offseason when that wasn't the biggest issue
xjrayx
AG
Unfortunately our owners are primarily concerned with selling the team in the next few years and weren't interested in spending much to help out with our offense (or defense really).
gigem1223
tjholley16 said:

xjrayx said:

As much as I dislike the Rangers I think yall are just 2 or 3 offensive pieces away. Gallo is special (if he keeps his K numbers down)

That's why I was surprised y'all went in for pitching this offseason when that wasn't the biggest issue

Yes missing on Rendon and Castellanos was a huge blow. They desperately need some right handed bats.
tjack16
AG

Hoping him and Kluber make quick recoveries
gigem1223
Yea would love to see a Kluber vs Verlander game.

Maybe Rangers fans can help me out here but if memory serves me right a fore arm strain is what led to Yu's TJ surgery? With Verlander's age and the shortened season, be curious how the Stros handle that.
mAgnoliAg
Carlo4
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yea would love to see a Kluber vs Verlander game.

Maybe Rangers fans can help me out here but if memory serves me right a fore arm strain is what led to Yu's TJ surgery? With Verlander's age and the shortened season, be curious how the Stros handle that.
This is exactly what happened.
Marvin
AG
Any more injuries and we'll need to rename this thread The Great 2020 Pillow Fight.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Don't be surprised when the Rangers front office zigs when it should zag. Been watching this for years.
FTAco07
AG
I hate being in the west and this year's 8pm start times for teams from the pacific time zone. I would rather keep the 7/9 starts instead of all the 8pm starts. No way I stay awake until the end of the game [/old man yells at cloud]

Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

tjholley16 said:

xjrayx said:

Yes missing on Rendon and Castellanos was a huge blow. They desperately need some right handed bats.
We didn't really try to get castellanos. He was there for the taking and we let him sit out there for months.

The front office and ownership group are a joke. I want to see the team sold ASAP. Bring in a new regime.
Farmer1906
AG

Oh what is 3.11? Its the # of runs the Arlington ballclub scores per game.

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Astros are lower than that, right? As we all know, the only reason they were good in 2017-2019 is because they cheated.

Like if you tried to tell me the Astros are averaging 6 runs per game this year and lead MLB, I'd call you crazy.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

The Astros are lower than that, right? As we all know, the only reason they were good in 2017-2019 is because they cheated.

Like if you tried to tell me the Astros are averaging 6 runs per game this year and lead MLB, I'd call you crazy.

Can't possibly be true. Yordan Alvarez isn't even back yet. Keep dreaming buddy
Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Can't possibly be true. Yordan Alvarez isn't even back yet. Keep dreaming buddy

So you're saying the MLB-leading Astros offense still has room to get better? As if adding a 1.000 OPS reigning rookie of the year will make that big of an impact. And cheaters Springer, Altuve and Bregman have been exposed because they can't cheat and the only reason they were good is cuz they were cheating. So no upside there either.
hawk1689
AG
The "yeah we cheated, but we were also good" mantra is about as lame as the Baylor fans that defend Art Briles. Take your medicine you fans of vile scum.
Deluxe
AG
hawk1689 said:

The "yeah we cheated, but we were also good" mantra is about as lame as the Baylor fans that defend Art Briles. Take your medicine you fans of vile scum.
Equating stealing signs to covering up sexual assault
Aggies2009
AG
Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Well, Osuna did choke a woman and your aGM rubbed it in the face of female reporters. So there's that.
Mathguy64
AG
hawk1689 said:

Sure. Because using a camera and a trash can lid are the same as enabling and covering for rapists and sexual predators. If you can't tell the difference between those I don't know what to say.
Deluxe
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Well, Osuna did choke a woman and your aGM rubbed it in the face of female reporters. So there's that.
Seems like a deflection. If you re-read the claim, Osuna wasn't mentioned. The poster was comparing Astros fans piling on about how the offense is still great post sign stealing with Baylor fans defending a sexual assault cover up scheme. That's what I was responding to.
Mathguy64
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Perhaps you can tell us where you stand on Matt Bush and his Rangers career. I'll hang up and listen.

You really don't want to go down this path.
Farmer1906
AG
Let's bring this back to baseball.

A certain team is pacing for 20 wins. Is that bad?
Aggies2009
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Perhaps you can tell us where you stand on Matt Bush and his Rangers career. I'll hang up and listen.

1. I don't like the Rangers
2. I agree the Rangers looked bad going after him.

Hilarious you went here after the guy before you whined about "deflection".

But hey, THANK GOD YOU GOT OSUNA!
Deluxe
AG
Aggies2009 said:

No need to continue deflecting here. All sexual assault/cover ups are bad. Back to baseball.
Aggies2009
AG
Deluxe said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Seems like a deflection. If you re-read the claim, Osuna wasn't mentioned. The poster was comparing Astros fans piling on about how the offense is still great post sign stealing with Baylor fans defending a sexual assault cover up scheme. That's what I was responding to.
Sam Ukwuachu straight up choked a woman at Boise, then Briles recruited him... that was part of what got Briles fired. The Astros are all too happy to have a guy who did.... the same thing. Heck, their GM even boasted about how glad he was they got him!

"Let's get back to baseball" seems like some people are not wanting others to talk about this. Not covering anything up.
Deluxe
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Sam Ukwuachu straight up choked a woman at Boise, then Briles recruited him... that was part of what got Briles fired. The Astros are all too happy to have a guy who did.... the same thing. Heck, their GM even boasted about how glad he was they got him!
Not interested in your deflecting arguments. Astros offense still leads MLB this year.
Aggies2009
AG
n/m
Deluxe
AG
Pointing out that the Astros offense still leads MLB this year isn't the same as covering up sexual assault. That's the original, undeflected topic here.
hawk1689
AG
I'm not equating the actions of stealing signs and covering up rape. I'm equating the obnoxiousness, logic flaws, and deflection of the fanbases.

And with Osuana, i'm equating the Astros organization to....Baylor. Anyone remember a guy named Lacedarius Dunn? He also got excused for beating up his girl.
Aggies2009
AG
hawk1689 said:

I'm not equating the actions of stealing signs and covering up rape. I'm equating the obnoxiousness, logic flaws, and deflection of the fanbases.

And with Osuana, i'm equating the Astros organization to....Baylor. Anyone remember a guy named Lacedarius Dunn?
Forgot about him. He didn't lead the nation in offense tho, so he's not excused.

Man, you talk about a department of losers who would happily do anything to win... It's sad.
Cromagnum
AG
Sweet move to let yourself get hotboxed by not paying attention after an RBI play at home.
03_Aggie
Aggies2009 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Deluxe said:

hawk1689 said:

Hilarious is you continually following around Astros talk to the point of commenting on the Astros team thread and now the rangers/Astros thread even though you aren't a fan of either team.

I don't if the Astros own your team, but they definitely appear to own you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.