***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,060 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carlo4
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gonna say combined three game score.

Astros 18
Rangers 7
Marvin
AG
The Astros have a unique ability to suddenly forget how to hit... or throw strikes. I'll take a wait and see approach on this series.
Farmer1906
AG
But we also have that ability to win... a lot.
Farmer1906
AG
There are 10 games between the Daddy and y'all. I'm going to set the win total at 3. Y'all going over or under?
xjrayx
AG
Again with the creepy ass Daddy thing?
Marvin
AG
Marvin said:

The Astros have a unique ability to suddenly forget how to hit... or throw strikes. I'll take a wait and see approach on this series.

I forgot fielding, apparently...
Mr Gigem
AG

Marvin
AG
That was an ugly baby contest. Ugh.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

Okay Rangers. So you guys are gonna get blanked one of the next two and only get 1 for the other.

powerbelly
AG
Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

Okay Rangers. So you guys are gonna get blanked one of the next two and only get 1 for the other.

It's entirely possible.
Mathguy64
AG
This was like 2008 and watching us lose to Arkansas State.
Mr Gigem
AG
Mathguy64 said:

My first game as a student
Mathguy64
AG
AccidentProne said:

Mathguy64 said:

I bet that was sobering. Woof.

My first game was against Boston College in 1982. We lost that too. The difference was it wasn't a D2 team and they had a pretty decent QB. Junior names Flutie.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

AccidentProne said:

Mathguy64 said:

I bet that was sobering. Woof.

My first game was against Boston College in 1982. We lost that too. The difference was it wasn't a D2 team and they had a pretty decent QB. Junior names Flutie.
My first game as a student was 2014 South Carolina (I transferred after my first two years from Texas Tech, where I was only at for a fine arts scholarship but actually enjoyed)

Thought we were going to win the SEC after that blowout in Columbia.
Grapesoda2525
Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

Odor is on the injured list with an "eye infection". The minor league kids are up and eager to prove something.
I think we put up 3 runs each the next few nights. That's not a big deal for teams like Oakland and the dodgers, but 3 runs is good for our crappy lineup!

Your pitchers won't be getting the easy outs your accustomed too. We would have been better off having the pitcher bat for Odor the last few years.
Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

Thought we were going to win the SEC after that blowout in Columbia.

I remember thinking after that game "we don't need Johnny. Sumlin's got this." That did not last very long.
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

Okay. So blank day for Rangers tomorrow and 11 runs for Stros.
Grapesoda2525
Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

That's gonna be tough with Lance Lynn on the mound.
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

Lance Lynn didn't get traded? Holy *****
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

We probably have the second dumbest front office in MLB behind the Pirates.

It is what it is at this point.
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Cromagnum said:

Astros 18
Rangers 7

We probably have the second dumbest front office in MLB behind the Pirates.

It is what it is at this point.
I know a guy who could help you out and he's available.
South Platte
So far this series has been surprisingly entertaining. Hope the pitching matchup tonight is as good as expected.
Mathguy64
AG
South Platte said:

So far this series has been surprisingly entertaining. Hope the pitching matchup tonight is as good as expected.

It's 5-3 you are losing top 6. The game started at 1:10. HTH.
South Platte
Mathguy64 said:

South Platte said:

It's 5-3 you are losing top 6. The game started at 1:10. HTH.
HAHAHAH!!! Appreciate the update. What an idiot. I've actually been really productive today WFH.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906
AG
The civility on this thread makes me sick.
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

Our team is so incompetent that there's no way we can really trash talk much. We would be incredibly stupid to do so.

Most people on this thread would've ran the team better than our crackpot ownership group.

JWinTX
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Our team is so incompetent that there's no way we can really trash talk much. We would be incredibly stupid to do so.

Most people on this thread would've ran the team better than our crackpot ownership group.

In 2010, the Rangers got new ownership, led by Nolan Ryan, won the AL West for the first time in 11 years, beat the Yankees in the ALCS in a beautiful outdoor stadium, and went to the World Series. And Houston was owned by stupid-ass Baylortard, played on a field that had a flag pole in play, was on their way to being terribad for years ahead, and were still in the NL.

Fast forward to today, the Astros have the better owner who insisted on going to the AL, better team, better results, better stadium AND got Nolan away from us while we have two dudes that seemingly only care about making money, keep a flailing GM around, and built a *****ing shed to play ball.

I feel like I'm watching the Rangers again, circa 2001, knowing it will be **** here for years and years ahead. So, yeah, I'll be civil, knowing its gonna be years before we even come close to competing with where y'all are at. But, just like most of the Astros fans posting on here did in those years of tankitude, I'll watch my team win about 65-75 games a year for the next 5+ seasons.
Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

In 2010, the Rangers got new ownership, led by Nolan Ryan, won the AL West for the first time in 11 years, beat the Yankees in the ALCS in a beautiful outdoor stadium, and went to the World Series. And Houston was owned by stupid-ass Baylortard, played on a field that had a flag pole in play, was on their way to being terribad for years ahead, and were still in the NL.

Fast forward to today, the Astros have the better owner who insisted on going to the AL, better team, better results, better stadium AND got Nolan away from us while we have two dudes that seemingly only care about making money, keep a flailing GM around, and built a *****ing shed to play ball.

I feel like I'm watching the Rangers again, circa 2001, knowing it will be **** here for years and years ahead. So, yeah, I'll be civil, knowing its gonna be years before we even come close to competing with where y'all are at. But, just like most of the Astros fans posting on here did in those years of tankitude, I'll watch my team win about 65-75 games a year for the next 5+ seasons.
At least our fans won't die of heat strokes while we watch the team stink it up tho.

Might be the only "big win" we see as fans for awhile tho.
hawk1689
AG
You guys are pathetic. The Astros got kicked out of the National League and they've only had success since they started cheating. The organization is dirty as hell and their fans are a collection of scum.
cc10106
sucks to suck
tjack16
AG
hawk1689 said:

You guys are pathetic. The Astros got kicked out of the National League and they've only had success since they started cheating. The organization is dirty as hell and their fans are a collection of scum.

Well that's just not nice
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

hawk1689 said:

Well that's just not nice

Speaking the AL. Let's compare AL only results.

Rangers (entire history)
1 Wild Card
7 Divisions
2 Pennants
0 Championships

Astros
1 Wild Card
3 Divisions
2 Pennants
1 Championship

A 4 year window is superior your entire history.
Ag_07
AG
hawk1689 said:

Love me some Arlington Ranger tears!!

Keep em coming crybaby
jkag89
hawk1689 said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.