***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,739 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Carlo4
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

You could suspend half our team and we'll still end up ahead of you in the standings.
Aww, you know Manfred would never do that to his precious little Astros. They need to be protected from scary fastballs and 5'4 outfielders.
Beat40
Danny Vermin said:

20 games was actually not enough. Should have been the rest of the season.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahah ::breathes:: hahahahahhaha
hawk1689
AG
100 point drop in team OPS from last year to this year. It's almost like the Astros* were doing something different last year.
tjack16
AG
hawk1689 said:

100 point drop in team OPS from last year to this year. It's almost like the Astros* were doing something different last year.

Getting Yordan back last night who hit over .300 with 27 HR in 90 games should help with that

Replacing his bat with guys like Tucker and Toro who suck will do that to offensive stats.

From the 2017 roster:
Altuve - way down this year, this is the extreme outlier
Springer - down but driving in runs and getting on base a lot
Bregman - started slow (Like he does every year) but he's raised his average 70 points in the last week
Reddick - having one of his best seasons so far, was awful last year
Correa - having his best season so far
Gurriel - hitting really well

Also .... 19 game sample size vs 162
Farmer1906
AG
hawk1689 said:

Hmmm....

2020 - .643
2019 - .750

That looks like more than a 100 point drop.

Its almost y'all just suck. Suck so bad no one noticed you've been cheating.

Farmer1906
AG
Alos I looked back 20 years. The 2020 Arlington Rangerettes are a bottom 7 OPS. Worse than any 100 loss team during that time. Y'all are lucky there are only 60 games this year.
gigem1223
What a life you live. Must really chap your ass to be lookin up in the standings at those terrible Rangers.
Farmer1906
AG
I would if the season was 19 games. But its not and I continue not to worry about Arlingtin.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

I would if the season was 19 games. But its not is I continue not to worry about Arlingtin.

Obviously
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Remember when the Astros lost 100 games... 3 years in a row?
Wonder if they stole signs and should have been a 120 loss team?
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

What a life you live. Must really chap your ass to be lookin up in the standings at those terrible Rangers.

Update?
Onceaggie2.0
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Remember when Nelson Cruz caught that ball on the wall to win the ws?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
FPS_Dough said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

My kind of guy right here!
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
South Platte
LDA9336 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I think Texas could have found 1 more run and won the '11 World Series had we known what pitches STL was throwing.
Beat40
South Platte said:

LDA9336 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I think Texas could have found 1 more run and won the '11 World Series had we known what pitches STL was throwing.

Expect for it was proven the Astros didn't use the system in the playoffs, so, don't think the Rangers would have found that 1 other run.

In reality, those were some salty Rangers teams, and it sucks for a fan base to look back and think a boneheaded play like Nelson's cost a WS. That's a tough memory.
tjack16
AG

How dare Tatis do this. He should have just struck out on purpose right?
JABQ04
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07
AG
With 6 of those coming in the 9th after they were up 24-3
xjrayx
AG
Rangers fan here - I don't think there is anything wrong with any of the scenarios just posted. The only ones at fault last night were Woodward for complaining and Tingler for not defending his own player. As I'm sure is obvious to everyone on this thread, a 7 run deficit isn't necessarily impossible to overcome (unless you have the Ranger's offense...). The Minor incident from last year is something I hope any teammate would do to help out their pitcher with a milestone like that. And finally, the 30-3 game - since there's no mercy rule in baseball, if you can't stop another team from scoring, oh well.
Mathguy64
AG
That's a lot of words. You could have just said "Woodward is a hypocrite"
xjrayx
AG
I don't mind saying that. I like him overall as our manager, but I don't mind saying he is being a hypocrite for whining about this.
Farmer1906
AG
You know who whines about unwritten rules and hitting home runs on 3-0 counts? Losers.
Grapesoda2525
Mathguy64 said:

1 thing that people often forget or overlook about this is that the Red Sox were going out of their way to try and make sure he didn't reach 200.

Neither team was acting normal by the end of that game.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Mathguy64 said:

1 thing that people often forget or overlook about this is that the Red Sox were going out of their way to try and make sure he didn't reach 200.

Wait a minute .... batters were trying and going out of their way to NOT strikeout?
AstroAggie15
AG
Another grand slam
South Platte
AstroAggie15 said:

Another grand slam
JABQ04
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Why would the Red Sox be trying to strike out? Or I guess more importantly why wouldn't the Red Sox be going out of their way to make sure he DIDNT reach 200? I'm interested in your logic.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Can I get an update?
Farmer1906
AG
Oh my

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Oh my

Bat flip?! Uh oh Woodward is going to have to have some words about him to the press tonight.

It just sickens me how he has the audacity to hit a grand slam here. Clearly all he needed was a single to score 2 runs. Shameful
Cromagnum
AG
Mathguy64
AG

One more and all the Arlington players win a set of steak knives.
AstroAggie15
AG
It got REALLY quiet in here. At least when the Astros have a suck streak we don't disappear back into the hills
xjrayx
AG
I'll go then. We suck right now. Our offense is laughable most nights, defense (outside of IKF) has been pretty bad, and when we do have solid starts, or solid bullpen appearances, we can't seem to generate enough run support to do anything with it. The silver lining so far is that we get to watch a Cy Young contender every 5 days. We get the Mariners this weekend, so hopefully we can get some wins strung together. But unfortunately we play the A's, then Dodgers, then Astros next. So that will probably be pretty rough. Any other front office group, and I would be hopeful that if that stretch of games goes as poorly as I think it will, at least we will be sellers and get some good pieces to build towards the future. But we've been stuck in limbo between not bad enough to sell everything and start over, but not good enough to contend.

Also, our ownership group is complete garbage. Really can't wait until they sell the team...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.