***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,049 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carlo4
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

One more and all the Arlington players win a set of steak knives.

v
Marvin
AG
xjrayx said:

I'll go then. We suck right now. Our offense is laughable most nights, defense (outside of IKF) has been pretty bad, and when we do have solid starts, or solid bullpen appearances, we can't seem to generate enough run support to do anything with it. The silver lining so far is that we get to watch a Cy Young contender every 5 days. We get the Mariners this weekend, so hopefully we can get some wins strung together. But unfortunately we play the A's, then Dodgers, then Astros next. So that will probably be pretty rough. Any other front office group, and I would be hopeful that if that stretch of games goes as poorly as I think it will, at least we will be sellers and get some good pieces to build towards the future. But we've been stuck in limbo between not bad enough to sell everything and start over, but not good enough to contend.

Also, our ownership group is complete garbage. Really can't wait until they sell the team...

If only management had taken the time to read this thread, or last year's thread, or the one before that, maybe you guys would not be in this position. At least you can take solace in not losing 100 games... you may not be one of "those" Rangers fans, but some on here carry that around like a trophy. Texas hasn't sold it all off to build something great, at least not yet, so in the meantime this is what you'll enjoy year after year. Unless you have another $100 million per year sitting around, there's really no alternate path.

And watch out behind you, because Seattle has some good young talent in the oven.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
xjrayx
AG
Marvin said:

xjrayx said:

I'll go then. We suck right now. Our offense is laughable most nights, defense (outside of IKF) has been pretty bad, and when we do have solid starts, or solid bullpen appearances, we can't seem to generate enough run support to do anything with it. The silver lining so far is that we get to watch a Cy Young contender every 5 days. We get the Mariners this weekend, so hopefully we can get some wins strung together. But unfortunately we play the A's, then Dodgers, then Astros next. So that will probably be pretty rough. Any other front office group, and I would be hopeful that if that stretch of games goes as poorly as I think it will, at least we will be sellers and get some good pieces to build towards the future. But we've been stuck in limbo between not bad enough to sell everything and start over, but not good enough to contend.

Also, our ownership group is complete garbage. Really can't wait until they sell the team...

If only management had taken the time to read this thread, or last year's thread, or the one before that, maybe you guys would not be in this position. At least you can take solace in not losing 100 games... you may not be one of "those" Rangers fans, but some on here carry that around like a trophy. Texas hasn't sold it all off to build something great, at least not yet, so in the meantime this is what you'll enjoy year after year. Unless you have another $100 million per year sitting around, there's really no alternate path.

And watch out behind you, because Seattle has some good young talent in the oven.

Yea, I personally wouldn't be a fan of multiple 100+ loss seasons for the Rangers, but I don't fault the Astros for doing it because it clearly worked.

Unfortunately we do have money to spend, but this ownership group refuses to spend. We easily could have landed Rendon, Castellanos, etc financially, but they just didn't pull the trigger. They were happy that they conned Arlington into paying for half of the stadium and are probably setting up to sell the team soon. And that can't happen soon enough.

And yea, Seattle worries me. Not looking good any time in the foreseeable future for us :/
South Platte
AstroAggie15 said:

It got REALLY quiet in here. At least when the Astros have a suck streak we don't disappear back into the hills
Sure you do. Look at the top of the page. There wasn't a single post from mid afternoon on 8/11 until 8/15 when Astros had won 2 games in a row. It's just human nature.

tjack16
AG

And that's why you swing 3-0
Mathguy64
AG
Mathguy64 said:

One more and all the Arlington players win a set of steak knives.

Well now. This tweet is woefully out of date. The Arlingtonians just gave up number 6. And in 4 straight. You boys may want to catch the 'Rona and postpone playing tomorrow.

I guess they really needed those steak knives.
Aggies2009
AG
South Platte said:

AstroAggie15 said:

It got REALLY quiet in here. At least when the Astros have a suck streak we don't disappear back into the hills
Sure you do. Look at the top of the page. There wasn't a single post from mid afternoon on 8/11 until 8/15 when Astros had won 2 games in a row. It's just human nature.

The best part was when they cried that trash talking wasn't going their way and being done in the way they wanted it.
tjack16
AG
Almost to the halfway point
aggiedata
AG
xjrayx
AG
I see no lies...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
0-8 against teams above 0.500
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

0-7 against teams above 0.500.

The difference is we've gone 15-5 vs teams now below .500 (they weren't all there when the series started)
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

The difference is we've gone 15-5 vs teams now below .500 (they weren't all there when the series started)
Redbirds or Rangers?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?
I would assume no one from some useless NL team would be on this thread.

Last I checked the Cardinals were tied in 2nd to dead last for wins this year.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

Your team is 4.5 GB from leading their division, mine is 3.

Go back to ****ting on the rangers, you're better at that
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

Come see me when you have double-digit wins.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.
What is it like to have fewer playoff appearances than Arlington the last 5 years?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.
What is it like to have fewer playoff appearances than Arlington the last 5 years?
I take it you're using that time frame because its about how long you've been watching baseball?

I ask because some of us were good long before Houston became a relevant team
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.
I take it you're using that time frame because its about how long you've been watching baseball?

I enjoyed the 90s in the NBA. My team went back to back. But you know what. It has nothing to do with James Harden and his recent runs. You feel me?

When you're watching my team make another WS do you say to yourself. They're good but the Cardinals won it all in 1926 and 1932.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.

I enjoyed the 90s in the NBA. My team went back to back. But you know what. It has nothing to do with James Harden and his recent runs. You feel me?

When you're watching my team make another WS do you say to yourself. They're good but the Cardinals won it all in 1926 and 1932.
I'll take that as a yes. Welcome to Baseball!
Farmer1906
AG
LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

10 hours from now? Ok.

I'll take that as a yes. Welcome to Baseball!

You're a bandwagon fan lolololol is the worst possibly trash talk. Even the Arlingtonions stopped doing that.

Do I get credit if I was around from the rebuild era? Go search my history and it'll answer your question on that.
hawk1689
AG
These guys aren't embarrassed in the slightest that their team cheated the past three years and got caught doing so. Speaking rationally doesn't work. Somehow that World Series that they cheated to win, put them up against Murders Row in the almanacs too.
Farmer1906
AG
Didn't St Louis have some employees sent to jail for cheating?
tjack16
AG
hawk1689 said:

These guys aren't embarrassed in the slightest that their team cheated the past three years and got caught doing so. Speaking rationally doesn't work. Somehow that World Series that they cheated to win, put them up against Murders Row in the almanacs too.
I'll agree with you about 2017. Which most Astros fans will. But again, show us the PROOF that the Astros cheated in late 2018- all of 2019 (it was documented we did at the beginning of 2018 but stopped).

The commissioners report that proved we cheated in 2017, also said we didn't in 2019. If there is actual concrete proof besides how Altuve didn't want his jersey ripped off (which has happened on all of his walkoffs since 2014 where he doesn't want them to rip his jersey), hearing whistling (which happens at every sporting event.. just watch vanderbilt baseball games), and an authentication sticker on Chirinos bat which was confirmed by MLB authentication, then that's a different story.
tjack16
AG
Take this however you want, but I know for a fact the Astros stopped in 2018.
It wasn't because they all of a sudden had a change of heart, it was because pretty much the entire MLB was onto them. There was actually talk in the organization of this all blowing up in the 2019 offseason (as in January 2019) when MLB started cracking down on it by adding an MLB staffer to monitor each team, which was confirmed by Kris Bryant who was VERY outspoken against the Astros.

"Q: Do you believe the Astros were still cheating in 2019?
Bryant: "...I don't know. But last year when they added an (MLB employee) to sit next to the live feed, I don't know how you would get around that?''

Also confirmed by Gerrit Cole, who was not happy with the Astros upon his departure and could have easily told his new team that we did. He'd have no reason to lie, especially because it would make him a hero to the Yankees if he blew the whistle on us.
"I'm telling you, we played fair and square last year," Cole told Bob Nightengale of the USA Today.

Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

It wasn't because they all of a sudden had a change of heart, it was because pretty much the entire MLB was onto them. There was actually talk in the organization of this all blowing up in the 2019 offseason (as in January 2019) when MLB started cracking down on it by adding an MLB staffer to monitor each team, which was confirmed by Kris Bryant who was VERY outspoken against the Astros.

Bryant: "...I don't know. But last year when they added an (MLB employee) to sit next to the live feed, I don't know how you would get around that?''

Also confirmed by Gerrit Cole, who was not happy with the Astros upon his departure and could have easily told his new team that we did. He'd have no reason to lie, especially because it would make him a hero to the Yankees if he blew the whistle on us.
"I'm telling you, we played fair and square last year," Cole told Bob Nightengale of the USA Today.

I'm just glad Howie Kendrick did his thing.

Justice was served that night.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

I was at the game, and as much as it sucked to lose... going to a World Series game was incredible. So loud. It was a crazy series with the road team winning every game. And only 1 game was actually close, game 1.
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

I was at the game, and as much as it sucked to lose... going to a World Series game was incredible. So loud. It was a crazy series with the road team winning every game. And only 1 game was actually close, game 1.
Very weird, but fascinating series where the road team won every game. At least you could say you went to a World Series game tho.

I remember my parents offered to buy me tickets to a World Series game when the rangers made it in 2010 and 2011 but I didn't want to waste their money for seats that wouldn't be very close.

I'm a ticket snob. I don't go unless I'm close to the action or the lower bowl.

Before people call me an entitled liberal, I was in college and had no money then like most college kids.
hawk1689
AG
tjack16 said:

hawk1689 said:

I'll agree with you about 2017. Which most Astros fans will. But again, show us the PROOF that the Astros cheated in late 2018- all of 2019 (it was documented we did at the beginning of 2018 but stopped).

The commissioners report that proved we cheated in 2017, also said we didn't in 2019. If there is actual concrete proof besides how Altuve didn't want his jersey ripped off (which has happened on all of his walkoffs since 2014 where he doesn't want them to rip his jersey), hearing whistling (which happens at every sporting event.. just watch vanderbilt baseball games), and an authentication sticker on Chirinos bat which was confirmed by MLB authentication, then that's a different story.

You're right. If everybody completely ignores the multiple instances of anecdotal evidence that they were still cheating, we can't prove they were still cheating. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I can't prove that my 6 year old spilled the toys all over the room, but I'm going to spank her butt if she doesn't own up to it.
03_Aggie
hawk1689 said:

tjack16 said:

hawk1689 said:

You're right. If everybody completely ignores the multiple instances of anecdotal evidence that they were still cheating, we can't prove they were still cheating. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I can't prove that my 6 year old spilled the toys all over the room, but I'm going to spank her butt if she doesn't own up to it.

What's this anecdotal evidence you speak of?
Mathguy64
AG
hawk1689 said:

tjack16 said:

hawk1689 said:

And yet I will wager good money that most every Rangers fan would ignore the large volume of anecdotal evidence that Pudge Rodriguez was shooting steroids in his backside in the locker room.
tjack16
AG
Altuve's jersey is only suspicious because of what came to light from 2017. It has been statistically proven that Altuve used the trash can system the least.

Let's look at Correa. He used the trash can system a lot, and admitted using it a lot. He hit a walk off homerun in the ALCS this past year as well, and the team ripped his jersey off. Was he not wearing a buzzer?

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LDA9336 said:

Redbirds or Rangers?

I'm coming back to see you because we now have double digit wins
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
In other news, the Texas Rangers have not won a game since complaining about Tati's Grand Slam. They were swept by the (at the time) 1-9 Mariners (worst in the AL) and have dropped from .500 to now 10-17.

Those kinda stats make a man superstitious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.