***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,061 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carlo4
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
finster1515 said:

Not impressed. They've each played in more postseason games (61) than the total number of postseason games in Rangers history (52).
tjack16
AG
I'm very upset with my tv provider. I tried to search for the Rangers playoff game last night. Couldn't find it anywhere, but they referred me to ESPN Classic and the History Channel.

The audacity of DirectTV
Mathguy64
AG
I'm so very confused. The Arlington Globe Life Wind Tunnel MultiUse Arena is being used for baseball and people are watching baseball there but the Rangers aren't playing.

It's either 2020 or normal Rangers playoff baseball.
TarponChaser
Who is responsible for the idiocy of artificial turf in Globe Life? Such an abomination.
Sid Farkas
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm very upset with my tv provider. I tried to search for the Rangers playoff game last night. Couldn't find it anywhere, but they referred me to ESPN Classic and the History Channel.

The audacity of DirectTV
Utterly savage.

Ive been calling milk producers to have texags ranger fan's faces printed on their cartons.
Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

The audacity of DirectTV

BryanAggie2013
AG
A lot of chest beating going on in here... guess that's understandable when you totally redeemed yourself on this little hot streak. Totally showed the baseball world you don't need to cheat to finish with a total overall record of... *checks note* 1 game above .500...
Farmer1906
AG
8 postseason wins this year. How many year do you have to count back to find 8 for y'all?
BryanAggie2013
AG
Farmer1906 said:

8 postseason wins this year. How many year do you have to count back to find 8 for y'all?

Got the COVID pity spot in the playoffs and got on a little hot streak. Congrats. When's the banner going to be hung?
Aggies2009
AG
garrettc16 said:

A lot of chest beating going on in here... guess that's understandable when you totally redeemed yourself on this little hot streak. Totally showed the baseball world you don't need to cheat to finish with a total overall record of... *checks note* 1 game above .500...

Lmao they kept wondering why they weren't getting clutch hits as if it were rocket surgery or something. Gee, I wonder why.... Oh we. They have hats from several years ago now that nobody outside of Houston sees as legitimate!
Farmer1906
AG
garrettc16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Got the COVID pity spot in the playoffs and got on a little hot streak. Congrats. When's the banner going to be hung?

So how many years?
EagleAg19
garrettc16 said:

LMAO shows what you know. We finished 1 game below .5... I'm sad.
Buck Compton
AG
EagleAg19 said:

garrettc16 said:

LMAO shows what you know. We finished 1 game below .5... I'm sad.
No, we didn't.... we finished regular season 29-31. Then won 2 against MIN. Then 3-1 against Oakland. Then 3-4 against Tampa.

That's 37-36
IronAg45
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Good for you...so legendary...still cheaters
Farmer1906
AG
IronAg45 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Good for you...so legendary...still cheaters

The correct answer is 10 years. The 2020 Astros achieved more in the postseason that little Arlington did the last 9 years. The conversation ends there. You can't compare.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
4 straight ALCS appearances. Pretty normal, probably... right?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

4 straight ALCS appearances. Pretty normal, probably... right?

Oh wait... one of 5 teams ever to accomplish the feat. Weird.

Anywho, have fun watching another team win the World Series in your stadium that you probably haven't been to, in a year that you definitely were nowhere near even sniffing the playoffs!
tjack16
AG
garrettc16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Rangers had the same change at that "COVID pity spot" and didn't get it.
Matt_ag98
Pooooor trash cans
JABQ04
AG
Look we get it, the Astros cheated. Still better than jacking off an underage dude as part of a weird hazing ritual ya sick freaks
Grapesoda2525
garrettc16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

You know what makes it worse?

I looked at their threads over the summer and most of their fans were too stupid to realize that they needed the Covid pity spot. The vast majority of Astros fans were raging mad that the playoffs were expanded because it would make the championship harder to get.

Dumb azz arrogance at its finest.
EagleAg19
Grapesoda2525 said:

garrettc16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

You know what makes it worse?

I looked at their threads over the summer and most of their fans were too stupid to realize that they needed the Covid pity spot. The vast majority of Astros fans were raging mad that the playoffs were expanded because it would make the championship harder to get.

Dumb azz arrogance at its finest.
So what I'm hearing is the bar was really, really low to get into the playoffs... am I doing this right??
Mike Elko
AG
29-31 in a 60-game, pandemic-shortened season. No business being in the postseason, but luckily got hot once there. Gotta love how the Rays got their hopes up the last four games, only to crush them with one of their own (Morton) in the end. Couldn't have happened to a classier organization, the cheating Asstros, who still haven't won anything without the help of trashcans. Such arrogance from their core players, serves them right!

And I'm not even a Rangers fan.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Lol.

Let me paint the picture for you "hehe, so you're saying the bar was that low huh?" folks... literally not one Rangers fan or 3rd party observer in here is claiming Rangers superiority this year. Anyone can look at the records and see it was a rough year for the Rangers. (Still managed to split the season series with a team that won a LEGENDARY, MIND BENDING, INCREDIBLE entire 8 baseball games in the postseason.)

No, what we're all laughing at is your delusional clutching to your tainted title* and the "cheating didn't help that much" mantra when your offense looked like a completely different team the season after they were caught. When Rangers baseball is in a valley, at least y'all are entertaining for us.
Mathguy64
AG
Lot of butt hurt Arlingtonians are all of a sudden breathing a lot easier. If those bad cheaters had gone to the WS playing on the shiny new plastic and coconut multi purpose field can you imagine the heads that would have exploded. Fortunately your long summer nightmare is over and you can rest easier.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I love how all the haters come running back to this thread as soon as they see the stros lose game 7. I really was worried for you guys. Welcome back.

Also, love all the "we are the rangers so we expect to suck, and you guys are good but not as good as you pretend to be."
03_Aggie
Lol. Dead silence on this thread while the Astros ran off three in a row to tie the series.

They finally lose in game seven and everybody comes out of the woodworks to "check back in on the thread" as if they hadn't been keeping up and dealing with high blood pressure fearing they might come back and take the series after being down 0-3.
Ciboag96

Just wanted to confuse the Rangers fans for a little while now that they are uppity again. This is a World Series champion pennant. I know, something rarely seen by y'all unless you travel to away games. Damn sure can't find one in mimic maid park unless on an Astros fans cap.
tjack16
AG
Rangers fans talking crap about Astros is like a 2-10 Arkansas team making fun of another SEC team for losing in the playoffs
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

29-31 in a 60-game, pandemic-shortened season. No business being in the postseason, but luckily got hot once there. Gotta love how the Rays got their hopes up the last four games, only to crush them with one of their own (Morton) in the end. Couldn't have happened to a classier organization, the cheating Asstros, who still haven't won anything without the help of trashcans. Such arrogance from their core players, serves them right!

You live in Austin willingly, nobody cares what you think.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wanted to bury the hatchet with Ranger fans so i was up all night putting together this package of the Rangers' best moments of 2020. Enjoy!

jwag
AG
PoorStros
BMX Bandit
There's more Astros talk than Ranger talk in their thread. Yes
tjack16
AG
BMX Bandit said:

There's more Astros talk than Ranger talk in their thread. Yes

I mean what else are they going to talk about?
Deluxe
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

The rules that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the season said the top two teams in each division make the playoffs. The Astros knew they weren't going to finish behind the Angels, Rangers or Mariners (even in a worst case scenario), so they threw their rookie pitchers in high leverage spots. It was painful to watch and led to a handful of losses, but it paid big dividends in the playoffs.

Had the playoff rules been the same as a normal season, or there was a wrinkle to the rules that said you have to be .500 or better to earn a spot, the Astros would have re-shuffled their pitching staff to do so. They just wouldn't have been able lean on guys like Taylor, Javier and Paredes (not to mention Framber and Urquidy) in the playoffs.

If anything, the Astros deserve alot of credit for perfectly optimizing the development of their young pitching and winning enough games to get into the playoffs. The scary thing for the rest of the league is that this was basically a rebuilding year. No Verlander. No Yordan. Lost Cole and basically entire bullpen. Tons of innings from rookie pitchers. Offense took a while to heat up. And they STILL came within a game of the World Series. Must be hurtful for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.