***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,800 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Carlo4
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

I posted this in 17 and I'll update it slightly, but this is pretty spot-on, still.

Quote:

You just finished 6 games under .500 and 23 games out of first. You traded away your ace midseason who is now a FA. You have no major plans to spend decent new money this year with a payroll approaching 110 M. Your young core is not all that good. Your best player will be 39 and either busted for roids and start to decline like all aging players do. You have one of the worst rotations in baseball. You have no bullpen. Your farm system is bottom 10 in the league even though you were sellers at the deadline. This is all done by the architect that is Jon Daniels. Things will not be significantly better next year or the one after that or the several after that. You're stuck in 83 wins or fewer zone unless you spend like NY & LA or rebuild.

You just finished 6 games under .500 and 29 games out of first. You decided not to trade away any of the veteran assets even though you didn't stand a chance in the division. You have no major plans to spend decent new money this year with a payroll approaching 130 M. Your young core is not all that good. Your best player could only stay on the field for 70 games and either hits a home run or strikes out. Your rotation is one of the worst in baseball after Minor and Lynn (they only have 1 year left each). You have no bullpen. Your farm system is middle of the pack even though you you've been sellers in 17 and 18 (but not 19 for some reason). This is all done by the architect that is Jon Daniels. Things will not be significantly better next year or the one after that or the several after that. You're stuck in 83 wins or fewer zone unless you spend more than NY & LA or rebuild.

Here is the 2020 Update

You just finished 16 games under .500 and 14 games out of first in a 60 game season. You decided not to trade away your best veteran asset in Lynn even though you knew before the year started that you didn't stand a chance in the division or the 5 "wildcards". You have no major plans to spend money. Your GM mentioned cutting payroll. Your best player is no longer any good (84 OPS+). Your rotation is still one of the worst in baseball. You have no bullpen. Your farm system is middle of the pack even though you've been sellers in 17, 18, and 20 (not 19?). This is all done by the architect that is Jon Daniels. Things will not be significantly better next year of the one after that but maybe eventually now. You fell so far that you finished dead last in the AL. You may have started a very long rebuild process. Too bad you have JD leading it.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

This year's thread was a dud. Here's hoping for better baseball next year. And more Astros hardware, of course!
They're not going to be any good for several years. Don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, guess we'll have to wait until '23 or '24. The tank job they so arrogantly derided is in full Arlington bloom now.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Slamn Sharpe
Houston fans wondering how they got so terrible so quickly. Ill take that as a moral victory
Marvin
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Houston fans wondering how they got so terrible so quickly. Ill take that as a moral victory

Well, it's all you can cling to as a Rangers fan, so why not?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

What time is the rangers game today? Don't want to miss them in the playoffs
South Platte
Marvin said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Well, it's all you can cling to as a Rangers fan, so why not?
I look forward to you joining us in the cellar next year.

Slamn Sharpe
tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Congratulations on your sub 500 season and your participation trophy/playoff spot
tjack16
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Congratulations on your sub 500 season and your participation trophy/playoff spot

Rangers had the same chance to get in and didn't.
Slamn Sharpe
tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Oh you assumed we thought we were going to the playoffs this year? Cute
Beat40
McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I love self owns.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Beat40 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I love self owns.
Me too.

For example: Putting "We Don't Have to Cheat to Beat You" in the title of your season thread, the first season after getting caught cheating, and then immediately falling off a cliff.

Makes you wonder...
tjack16
AG
garrettc16 said:

Beat40 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I love self owns.
Me too.

For example: Putting "We Don't Have to Cheat to Beat You" in the title of your season thread, the first season after getting caught cheating, and then immediately falling off a cliff.

Makes you wonder...

Well the rangers are already in offseason mode. Can't say the same about the Astros as of today
JABQ04
AG
NM
tjack16
AG
garrettc16 said:

Beat40 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

tjack16 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I love self owns.
Me too.

Makes you wonder...

Didn't realize falling off a cliff meant moving on in the playoffs after sweeping the AL Central Champs on the road
cc10106
Sucks to suck, Rangers, just in case you forgot.
South Platte
Best pitching Houston has offered in a playoff series in years. We'll see if they can keep it up. Minnesota might as well shut down the franchise. They are bordering on Anthony Young territory.
Farmer1906
AG
Yall have won 4 playoff series ever and yall want to shut down the Twins? They have 3 WS Titles and 6 Pennants.
Grapesoda2525
You guys did well to match up with Minnesota. They've lost 18 playoff games in a row, but hey a win is a win.
Harry Dunne
Grapesoda2525 said:

You guys did well to match up with Minnesota. They've lost 18 playoff games in a row, but hey a win is a win.
You guys did well to suck so badly there was no chance you'd make the playoffs. It would be sad if that ballpark got old before it ever got to host postseason baseball.
jkag89
But it is hosting postseason baseball this year!
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Hating from outside of the playoffs? You couldn't even get in
Harry Dunne
That's right. The Rangers sucking so badly it got chosen as a playoff spot is the only chance it had of hosting in the near future.

So a congratulations is in order to all Rangers fans, and an apology from all of us Astros fans who said you wouldn't host a playoff game this decade.
Unemployed
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Damn straight, son!!!

2-0 will always be better than 0-0.
Farmer1906
AG
RealTalk said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Damn straight, son!!!

2-0 will always be better than 0-0.

I'd argue 0-2 is better than 0-0 too.
Grapesoda2525
You guys are so sensitive.

It always feels good to advance, I was just pointing out that you probably beat the weakest team out of the whole AL playoff field.
BMX Bandit
Grapesoda2525 said:

It always feels good to advance, I was just pointing out that you probably beat the weakest team out of the whole AL playoff field.

Weakest team that finished above 2 other playoff teams in its division? Weaker than Blue Jays?

PUT DOWN THE WEED BRO. It's killing your brain!
Grapesoda2525
BMX Bandit said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Weakest team that finished above 2 other playoff teams in its division? Weaker than Blue Jays?

18 consecutive playoff losses.

Nothing else needs to be said really.
Buck Compton
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

You're right. That three game sweep by the As back in 2006 really affected the two games in Minnesota this week.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

"I'll make a weak point here in attempt to hide my jealously.

No need to reply."
South Platte
Farmer1906 said:

Yall have won 4 playoff series ever and yall want to shut down the Twins? They have 3 WS Titles and 6 Pennants.
Were you even born the last time they won a playoff series?
Farmer1906
AG
South Platte said:

Farmer1906 said:

Daddy was born before you, kiddo.
South Platte
Farmer1906 said:

South Platte said:

Farmer1906 said:

Daddy was born before you, kiddo.
What does that even mean
BMX Bandit
I think it means his father is older than you.
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

It means as his daddy, I am clearly older.
South Platte
Farmer1906 said:

BMX Bandit said:

It means as his daddy, I am clearly older.
I assume you are in your 20's due to your countless childish posts, which is why I asked if you were even alive when the Twins last won the WS.

You and the daddy thing makes no sense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.