***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

188,231 Views | 3419 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

What's gonna be the move the Spurs make?

I say a Cedi trade. He's proven to be our best bench wing off the bench. Even though McDermott is shooting a good percentage from 3, I don't think teams are going to offer any 2nds for him.
There is absolutely no smoke at all right now, so who knows. We can't move Collins until after the Finals.

DJM is probably the most attractive piece being thrown out, and he is a head case. Still dropping into fan DMs and deleting his account. Grow up, kid.

Kelly O?
Dlo?
DJM?
Kuz?
Lavine?

I don't think we care at all about cap space this summer, so we could take on someone with an extra year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea. I'm quickly over the idea of DJ. I honestly just want the spurs to stand pat and take on their lottery destiny with the team constructed. No use on improving the team at this point.
superunknown
AG
I'm with both you here too. DjM was intriguing and he's right at that age that fits a veteran to lead this group but I can't imagine his social media antics as the team matures...feels like he'd be talking mad trash while they're on the come up in the next couple of years and expecting to be THE guy, and anyone with a brain knows this is Wemby's team and will be as long as he's here.

Gonna take a special PG (or other veteran addition) who'd be ok with knowing they're at best the #2 option. I think of someone like young Ricky Rubio or John Wall pre-injuries would just be insane with Wemby and the rest.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

I'm with both you here too. DjM was intriguing and he's right at that age that fits a veteran to lead this group but I can't imagine his social media antics as the team matures...feels like he'd be talking mad trash while they're on the come up in the next couple of years and expecting to be THE guy, and anyone with a brain knows this is Wemby's team and will be as long as he's here.

Gonna take a special PG (or other veteran addition) who'd be ok with knowing they're at best the #2 option. I think of someone like young Ricky Rubio or John Wall pre-injuries would just be insane with Wemby and the rest.
Or Nikola Topic with the 7th pick after taking Zaccharie Risacher with our first pick. Then we need to find our Mario Elie.
superunknown
AG
Topic seems to be very gettable with that 2nd 1st rounder next year which is cool af with me because in prior mocks I've seen him as a top 1-2 pick so if he drops that's good for us
Guitarsoup
AG
He's been dropping because he is injured for ~2 months.
Old Army Metal
AG
What is it, actuality, that Julian Champagnie does?
Sher Thing
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Helps the team lose, I suppose.
FTAG 2000
AG
Guitarsoup said:

He's been dropping because he is injured for ~2 months.

No limit tank commander.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
He allows Keldon to come off the bench and provide stability to that unit, which desperately needed it. He's not a starting caliber player, but he's actually outperformed what I would expect an undrafted 22 year old to do when thrust into a starting role that they clearly aren't ready for.
Guitarsoup
AG
Keeping the SF D&3 spot warm for our trade for Herbert Jones.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Doug was the ultimate momentum killer tonight. No way a team trades for that dude.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Doug was the ultimate momentum killer tonight. No way a team trades for that dude.
Would just love a Doug for Fultz trade or soemthing. They get a shooter they need and can hide and we get a guy that can run some point and play defense. Both are ending contracts.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Wemby is so wholesome and honest man. How can you not like this guy?
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Wemby is so wholesome and honest man. How can you not like this guy?
The only people that don't like him spent the last 15 years justifying James Harden and now cheer for Dillon Brooks.
superunknown
AG
Someone did this on the spurs subreddit
Guitarsoup
AG

Is that good?
Guitarsoup
AG
Old Army Metal said:

I think he fooled everyone here, including himself.
Old Army Metal
AG
I swear I don't think I've ever actually seen him hit a three.
Guitarsoup
AG
Tell me I'm wrong.

Enzo The Baker
AG
I just thought Brian Cardinal was still in the league this whole time.
jteagle
AG
Tough loss last night. Lots of good stuff but still couldn't close it out. Zion got phantom calls all night but the Spurs still missed opportunities. Growing pains.
FTAG 2000
AG
I need someone to explain how out of a timeout you have Vassell shooting s three from out near midcourt.

What garbage shot was that?
LawHall88
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

I need someone to explain how out of a timeout you have Vassell shooting s three from out near midcourt.

What garbage shot was that?

Pop said he wanted a lob to Wemby, and you can see him rolling to the basket, but Vassell decided to shoot it instead.
jsc8116
AG
Horrible decision by Vassel to shoot vs lobbing it up to a streaking Wemby to the rim, but on par with the season so far...
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
In the moment it's a hard pass to make. And to be honest, none of our players have shown they can pass the ball to where Victor wants it. It's a pass that should have been made but Devin is a tunnel vision type player, and I honestly don't trust him to make that pass from where he was.

The FTs and turnovers are what killed us last night.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

Enzo The Baker
AG
It was a bad shot but he was on a heater. I think it's a higher chance he turns it over than missing the shot so for where he is as a player right now, probably the most low risk decision.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Should probably suspend Collins for the rest of the season.

Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Should probably suspend Collins for the rest of the season.

There's plenty of precedent showing this isn't a season ending suspension. Especially for a non-repeat offender. One game at most is my guess.

Not to mention he admits it was dirty but only tit for tat with the dirtyi elbow Mitchell dished out before.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.