***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

188,236 Views | 3419 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Guitarsoup
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Noah is mistaken. Two-way players don't count towards the 15-man roster. You get 15 players plus three two-way players

Cissoko is getting a roster spot. That puts at 18. I just threw in the Barlow resigning on the same post, but they're unrelated.
Enzo The Baker
AG
There's still smoke with Fournier. Apparently he and Vic have the same agent. I honestly don't get how it would make us better. I think Dougy makes us more competitive. Don't really care about a trash second they may or may not send with him.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

There's still smoke with Fournier. Apparently he and Vic have the same agent. I honestly don't get how it would make us better. I think Dougy makes us more competitive. Don't really care about a trash second they may or may not send with him.
I think the only smoke is that NYK doesn't want him and he's french. What benefit does NYK gain from trading away one guy that will not play for them for two guys that will not play for them? They already have 15 contracts on the books, so they don't fill the roster without wasting money, it creates a roster spot they would have to get rid of.

I think Fournier is more valuable to NYK solely because they want to use their assets for big game hunting and he represents a lot of salary in a trade.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I think the only smoke is that NYK doesn't want him and he's french. What benefit does NYK gain from trading away one guy that will not play for them for two guys that will not play for them? They already have 15 contracts on the books, so they don't fill the roster without wasting money, it creates a roster spot they would have to get rid of.

I think Fournier is more valuable to NYK solely because they want to use their assets for big game hunting and he represents a lot of salary in a trade.

Fournier sux. Boston begged him to leave because he sux. If he wasn't French we wouldn't even be talking about this guy.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Fournier sux. Boston begged him to leave because he sux. If he wasn't French we wouldn't even be talking about this guy.

Nor would the media.

The Spurs have worked hard to be in good position on expiring salaries. They aren't going to blow it on this scrub just because he's French.
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Nor would the media.

The Spurs have worked hard to be in good position on expiring salaries. They aren't going to blow it on this scrub just because he's French.

He's also expiring
Obi Wan Ginobili
Guitarsoup said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Nor would the media.

He's also expiring
Guitarsoup
AG

Talking about Dominick Barlow at 1h 19m 30s
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Talking about Dominick Barlow at 1h 19m 30s

I'm very glad that we were able to get him back on a two way.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Cappo
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

might have to go to that
Guitarsoup
AG
Wemby got an 84 on 2k.

Quote:

Wembanyama is the first rookie to start the season rated in the 80s since Zion Williamson. He's six overall points higher than LeBron James (78) was in his rookie season. Other notable rookies that have been given 80+ overalls are:
  • John Wall (81)
  • Kyrie Irving (81)
  • Greg Ogden (80)
  • Derrick Rose (80)
  • Markelle Fultz (80)

West Texan
AG
Cappo said:

Enzo The Baker said:

might have to go to that

I've been checking quite a bit to see when the schedule would be released so that individual game tickets will go on sale. My 5 year old is obsessed with Wemby, so that may be a Christmas present for him (me).
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Wemby got an 84 on 2k.

Quote:

Wembanyama is the first rookie to start the season rated in the 80s since Zion Williamson. He's six overall points higher than LeBron James (78) was in his rookie season. Other notable rookies that have been given 80+ overalls are:
  • John Wall (81)
  • Kyrie Irving (81)
  • Greg Ogden (80)
  • Derrick Rose (80)
  • Markelle Fultz (80)

The last basketball video game I ever purchased was this one.

superunknown
AG
No Christmas day game for us. Pop is the grinch confirmed.

Ag Natural
AG
That's actually pretty surprising. I fully expected a full on Wemby gasm similar to how they handled Zion. Maybe they learned.
DTP02
AG
Ag Natural said:

That's actually pretty surprising. I fully expected a full on Wemby gasm similar to how they handled Zion. Maybe they learned.

Will be lots of fun tension between the NBA trying to showcase Wemby and the Spurs trying to manage his workload and give him games off.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88
AG

LawHall88
AG
Cappo
AG
LawHall88 said:

miss those guys
superunknown
AG
Pop killed that speech, man
LawHall88
AG

West Texan
AG
https://x.com/spurs/status/1690528280284143616?s=46&t=Pszf-giERSCXjAXGQusCCA
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan
AG
TexAgs needs to adjust their auto-embedding for the change from Twitter to X
West Texan
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker
AG
The Spurs will be the most nationally televised team in the in-season tournament.
superunknown
AG
But we only wind up with like 11 games nationally televised. Bummer. Now I'm debating renewing league pass or not.

Meanwhile I'm already planning a couple of roadies to see Los Spurs.
West Texan
AG
superunknown said:

But we only wind up with like 11 games nationally televised. Bummer. Now I'm debating renewing league pass or not.

superunknown
AG
Ahhh I wasn't counting nba TV games. Still thinking league pass is for me.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

superunknown said:

Golden State has over 10x more televised games than Houston.

Houston still might have too many
Sher Thing
AG
Actually surprised it's only 19. I guess the NBA learned their lesson from the Zion fiasco when they had like 35 nationally televised games his rookie season or something.

Not complaining though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.