***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

87,510 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since we're definitely lottery bound, if you're not watching Gonzaga and Chet Holmgren you're missing out. Freak of nature.
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Since we're definitely lottery bound, if you're not watching Gonzaga and Chet Holmgren you're missing out. Freak of nature.

Yep! Just needs to put a "little" weight on. 7 foot 190 pounds. The guy is a stick right now.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Houston with a 3 game lead already

We gonna draft a 6 foot 4. 2 guard bc we need some of them

jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Well, this year there are alot of bigs that are projected at the top of the draft. Hopefully we get one of them. We are top 5 right now and I don't see that changing.

Whatever the pick, it needs to be someone that can score...alot!
West Texan
AG
jteagle said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Well, this year there are alot of bigs that are projected at the top of the draft. Hopefully we get one of them. We are top 5 right now and I don't see that changing.

Whatever the pick, it needs to be someone that can score...alot!

Chet Holmgren, Paolo Banchero, and Jabari Smith are my top 3 right now (in no particular order). They all have a lot of offensive ability from inside and out. Jalen Duren is interesting as well, but reminds more of Dwight Howard. He could anchor the defense and play above the rim, but I'm not sure he'll have much of an offensive game away from the rim.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Please dfraft Chet

That way I can get a "You're stewed butt wad" Spurs shirt
West Texan
AG
Hey, we won a game!
LawHall88
AG
West Texan said:

Hey, we won a game!
Closed out the game on a 15-0 run.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

West Texan said:

Hey, we won a game!

Murray had a hell of a game.

Side note, Paolo Banchero is putting on an absolute show against Gonzaga and Chet Holmgren. 18 points so far in the first half. Holmgren in foul trouble.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

West Texan said:

Hey, we won a game!

Murray had a hell of a game.

Side note, Paolo Banchero is putting on an absolute show against Gonzaga and Chet Holmgren. 18 points so far in the first half. Holmgren in foul trouble.
I'll be stunned if Banchero isn't the top pick in the draft.
Sports-Ag
AG
Murray stepped up in crunch time.
jteagle
AG
They finished strong last night. Murray has the mentality to be the closer but I'm afraid he doesn't quite have the skills to pull it off consistently.

It may be my optimism but this team is one or two players away from being a contender.
jteagle
AG
I also like that Tre Jones is getting good minutes. I don't know if he will eve develop into a starter but he is a good player off the bench.
jteagle
AG
I don't keep up with college ball as much as I used to and have only recently been looking at next year's draft prospects. So I was wondering why Drew Timme isn't higher on the list of draft prospects? Just curious.
LawHall88
AG
I think the short version is his game doesn't translate perfectly to the NBA. He is a post player in the era of stretch 4s. There is some question as to whether he is athletic enough to defend away from the basket, whether he is athletic enough to be a true "rim protector," and we don't see him shoot much from midrange or 3. Kinda like Luka Garza, who was a great college post player but didn't get drafted until late in the second round and is playing in the G-League now. I think Timme is better than Garza, but he'll have some of the same issues adapting to the NBA game.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

I also like that Tre Jones is getting good minutes. I don't know if he will eve develop into a starter but he is a good player off the bench.
I would be thrilled if he could develop into a 20mpg 10/5 bench player.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

Speaking of those type of players, Patty is averaging over 50% from 3.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

I think the short version is his game doesn't translate perfectly to the NBA. He is a post player in the era of stretch 4s. There is some question as to whether he is athletic enough to defend away from the basket, whether he is athletic enough to be a true "rim protector,", and we don't see him shoot much from midrange or 3. Kinda like Luka Garza, who was a great college post player but didn't get drafted until late in the second round and is playing in the G-League now. I think Timme is better than Garza, but he'll have some of the same issues adapting to the NBA game.

Pretty much all of this. Not long enough or explosive enough to play above the rim or be a rim protector. Not quick enough to really guard on the perimeter. The outside shooting I think he could develop. I think he could find a way to be a useful NBA player, but it would be in a role like David Lee when he was in San Antonio.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

Speaking of those type of players, Patty is averaging over 50% from 3.

Good for Patty. Amazing what happens when you have other guys that draw the defense's attention.
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

I don't keep up with college ball as much as I used to and have only recently been looking at next year's draft prospects. So I was wondering why Drew Timme isn't higher on the list of draft prospects? Just curious.

Timme lost a lot of money in the Championship game last season. Baylor's athletes overwhelmed him pretty blatantly. He could end up being a decent player as a stretch four off the bench. But he's no elite prospect.
azul_rain
Jesus Christ this team sucks
MookieBlaylock
AG
hedge said:

Which team? The Lakers?yeah they suck
jteagle
AG
hedge said:

Will you be adding anything to your excellent feedback? I might like to subscribe.
jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

hedge said:

Which team? The Lakers?yeah they suck
Hey! We finally agree on something! LOL
jteagle
AG
Good win against the Wizards. Derrick had a good game. Primo got good minutes and hit a couple of 3s. First back to back wins this season.
LawHall88
AG
Young keeps playing like this and the Spurs may be able to get real value for him at the trade deadline.
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

Young keeps playing like this and the Spurs may be able to get real value for him at the trade deadline.

Yes! He needs to take all of Drew's minutes.
Enzo The Baker
AG
KJ sits down with Shams. Didn't realize this, but Johnson was told he was going to be drafted by the Cavs at 26. Cavs changed their mind at the last second to draft Dylan Windler. Spurs were truly lucky to get something out of that 2019 draft.

Ag Natural
AG
Portland is 10-1 at Home and 1-10 on the Road

This will probably be a tough one for the Spurs.
LawHall88
AG
Lilliard is out, though.
FedexAggie
AG
Spurs are playing some good basketball lately.
MookieBlaylock
AG
This is not how you get Chet
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs win by 31. That's 3 in a row
Ag Natural
AG
With Jacob on the floor and White playing like himself this team will compete with anyone.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs are almost back at a positive margin. This team goes as White and the three ball goes it seems so far this year.

I love Tre Jones. He's so active on both ends and crazy quick.

I liked Pop's use of Forbes in the 'break in case of emergency' role.

It's clear that Eubanks should not play anything outside of garbage time (unless a matchup requires size).

What a win it would be tomorrow against the Dubs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.