***Official 2021-2022 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread***

87,515 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forbes is single handedly keeping us from gaining any ground. He sucks.
jteagle
AG
Devin is hot tonight.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We should really beat this Lakers team. They aren't that good.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Somebody give that man an extension.
taylorswift13
AG
Love Pop getting after the guys for not moving fast enough on offensive transition... oh how times have changed
Sports-Ag
AG
OT
LawHall88
AG
This is a fun team to watch. Need a better closer than Murray though.
Sports-Ag
AG
Did not like Murray taking that last shot but he has 21 points. This is where the young guys need to get the experience and take control.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Choked in the 4th. This team needed that for some confidence.
Sports-Ag
AG
At times during the end of the 4th and OT, seems like the guys did not know what they were doing. They missed 7 free throws in the fourth.

It's going to get old real quick when they put up a fight against good teams but can't get the win.

Not sure what happen to Keldon. Did not play in the fourth and OT. White didn't play good either.
Ag Natural
AG
Missed all FTs in the 4th. Hard to win
Sports-Ag
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Choked in the 4th. This team needed that for some confidence.

I was expecting them to lose the lead entering the fourth. Doesn't help when keldon and white are not playing good.
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

This is a fun team to watch. Need a better closer than Murray though.
This! Like him or not, you could always count on Demar to show up big down the stretch and he hit lots of big shots.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs are 1-4 with a positive point differential. They are playing really tough. Just not getting consistency from our players on offense (which was probably to be expected) to push them over the hump. White and KJ have been pretty disappointing.
Ag Natural
AG
I definitely expected more from White. Hopefully he comes around.
aggieactor01
AG
Got to catch them in person for the first half last night. They play hard but man there were some stretches of bad basketball. They have a great team of role players but clearly miss that 'go to' star.

They rocked Dallas to start and then when Dallas started to come back there wasn't anyone on the Spurs that could get a bucket to quell the momentum.

It is definitely a fun group of energetic players though and I'm excited to watch them more this year than I was last year for sure.
Enzo The Baker
AG
If we are at the 30 game point and it looks bleak, I say bring back Primo and play him 30 mins+ a game.
Pendragon12
AG
The offense looked LOST with White and Drew playing together. Once DJ sat, we couldn't run anything. Drew kept running into White and Lonnie. It was painful in that first half for a while.

DJ has impressed me thus far. I don't know if he's a closer, so far he hasn't been able to do it, but things are running smoother with him at the point.

White has been very disappointing on offense. Very. Uncharacteristic turnovers, bad ball handling, and unable to run any plays it seems. Which is odd because he was one of our best in the PnR. KJ last night looked like maybe he could have an impact, but then sat the whole first with 2 quick fouls. He never made an impact after that. We missed McDermott I think. His movement and shooting really helps both units out.

DJ and Jak seemed to have made some solid leaps forward, both sides of the ball. Devin too, though he's still a touch inconsistent scoring, which I expect as a 20-21 year old second year player. Oh. And Lonnie. Still inconsistent, BUT I like what I'm seeing the last two games. I don't know what he'll be, but I'm hopeful he's getting more confident.

They're fun to watch. They aren't boring and slow anymore. The defense has been fun. I agree with the sentiment that if they're like this another 10-15, maybe 20 more games, then I'll be convinced this is a lost season and I'll want to see what Primo can do.
MookieBlaylock
AG
1and 4 only the 5th pic

We can do better than this

taylorswift13
AG
I believe again #gsg
Enzo The Baker
AG
Thad did things.
taylorswift13
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Thad did things.
Thaddeus Young the Giannis stopper
jteagle
AG
Thad had a good game. Bryn had his best game so far this year. Everybody was playing pretty good defense and they hit their free throws down the stretch.
LawHall88
AG
jteagle
AG
Pendragon12
AG
They played tough, tough defense on the Bucks the whole game. DJ hit big shots down the stretch in the 4th. Thad played well. Bryn played well. Derrick briefly came out of his offensive coma.

This defense is disruptive and a little nasty, and it may only get better as they get more comfortable with each other. What a fun team to watch.
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah this team could end up winning a lot of games on effort alone. It was pretty clear they were building the roster around defense and that shows. Offense will be up and down for this squad. They need to clean up the FTs. Last in the league right now.
Sports-Ag
AG
azul_rain
Not a fan of these jerseys
Enzo The Baker
AG
Me neither. These are just lazy. I MIGHT still get the shorts though.

Next year they need to take a Fiesta break and bring back the Ice era jerseys.
azul_rain
Yep the silvers would have been clean, this could have been better
MGS
They need to bring back the Chaps jerseys and only wear them when playing the Mavericks.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Only if Mavs wear these.
:large
azul_rain
Top 5 ugliest jerseys ever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.