Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,564 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a dirty stamp on Rashford. Like I said, Marriner isn't calling anything.
Mathguy64
AG
Brighton delay every free kick or throw in and try to take every kick as fast as they can.
Mathguy64
AG
EYH needs to get Case out of there before he's sent off. He's one more foul from getting run.
Mathguy64
AG
Good lord. A two handed shove on Fred gets nothing.
Mathguy64
AG
This has been coming. It's all because Marriner is just doing nothing. There are fouls everywhere he's just ignoring.
Dre_00
Yep. If we end this with 11 it will be a miracle. Give me a draw and get me out of here.
Mathguy64
AG
That little sequence was fantastic. Marcus gets charged. It's a foul. He expects it and so does the defender. Marriner ignores it so Marcus gets up and the defender bodies him. Marcus wraps his arms backwards and digs his fingers in the butt of the defender.
Mathguy64
AG
DDG is the MOTM and it's not close
Mathguy64
AG
And that's a handball. **** me.
Dre_00
I assumed this was a loss before we played it but damn that's a tough way to lose.
Dre_00
Well, that away game on Sunday is huge. Anything less than 3 points at West Ham and it becomes squeaky bum time to the extreme for 4th place.
Thunder18
AG
Brutal
Furlock Bones
AG
The dna of United has well and truly changed.
Dre_00
1 point above Liverpool albeit with 2 games in hand. Could argue that today's game is the most important remaining game of the year. Or at least until next week's league game.

Ironically, I'd say that the FA Cup final is the least most important...unless we clinch top 4 before the final game of the season. Cue the sad stories about the demise of the glory of the FA Cup over the dollar signs of top 4 but it's a truth of modern football for a team like United...especially as United already secured a domestic trophy this season and, let's face it, City are likely to wipe the floor with us.
Dre_00
De Gea
Malacia
Shaw
Lindelof
AWB
Casemiro
Eriksen
Rashford
Fernandes
Antony
Weghorst
Thunder18
AG
Let's go boys
Mathguy64
AG
Win and jump Newcastle. Lose and are 1 poin from dropping to 5th. If you can't get up for this playing a team near relegation I can't help you.
Mathguy64
AG
4' in and DeGea with the bad giveaway. Stop making him do something he can't do.
Thunder18
AG
De Gea giving away the ball in dangerous areas already. So frustrating that we refuse to change tactics in that regard
Thunder18
AG
Gotta start getting these shots on frame
Mathguy64
AG
WHU is already wasting time. Fabianski took 4 run ups to make a goal kick.

And already sitting 11 men back.
Dre_00
6 shots in the first 15 minutes? 0 on goal?

Watching United is like watching Groundhog Day.
Mathguy64
AG
The other day I said BHA was a one trick pony with Mitoma. We are just about as bad. It's Rashford or bust.
Mathguy64
AG
How in the world do you give up a 1v4 goal? From that far out? That's brutal.
boogieman
AG
Wow
Thunder18
AG
Pathetic
Showstopper
AG
I don't understand how de Gea doesn't get that easily
Bmac04
Dre_00
****ing De Gea. I'm so done with him.

Still capable of spectacular saves but does that way too often to be elite and can't pass to save his life. He really needs to go but with so many other needs, he'll probably get re-signed for 300k a year and we'll be stuck in the Europa League till 2045.
Mathguy64
AG
Malacia should be done. That's a red in every league but the EPL.
Mathguy64
AG
What is the point of taking a goal kick by having a field player take it and then Tap it to DeGea for him to just lump it up the field for a turnover?
Mathguy64
AG
We were just bailed out by a horrific call.
Dre_00
That GD suggests that United was either playing above their skill level or they were about to throttle a few teams.

We can argue about whether it's due to injuries, fatigue, both or something else entirely but it's pretty clear it's the former and not the latter. Might still luck our way to top 4 but mentally...I don't think this team has the ability to turn this game around let alone turn around the end of the season. Liverpool and Brighton's to lose at this point.
Mathguy64
AG
Exhaustion has set in. Between the biggest fixture list in professional soccer and the injuries with no one left to play their tank is empty.
Dre_00
That's the most generous conclusion. I think it's the correct one but we won't really know until next season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.