Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

82,736 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dre_00 said:

De Gea with maybe the best save I've ever seen. Oh my word.
He got wrong footed.
Mathguy64
AG
What a nice goal. Bruno was totally unmarked and Eriksen fed him.
Dre_00
Did he? He almost got chipped but to me that was more due to the brilliance of the shot rather than poor positioning. Ridiculous effort from Palace.

United goal was nice though that was still a sloppy half. 1st shot on goal didn't come till the 43rd minute. Thankfully it went in.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

De Gea with maybe the best save I've ever seen. Oh my word.

Just saw the replay. I stand by the overall spirit of this post.
Mathguy64
AG
On comes Garnacho. Someone needs to take that kid to get a haircut. Surely he can afford more than a $2 bowl cut
Mathguy64
AG
It took 73 minutes but we finally got a Zaha dustup. How he gets away with putting his hands on faces and necks and gets a foul called for himself is beyond me.
Thunder18
AG
Curious how we weren't given the PK on McTominay. Pretty clear foul there that would be given anywhere else on the pitch
Dre_00
Casemiro with a yellow and a half. Misses Arsenal game.
Thunder18
AG
Dre_00 said:

Casemiro with a yellow and a half. Misses Arsenal game.

Dammit
boogieman
AG
What a way to lose the 3 pts.
Dre_00
Elise with an absolutely ridiculous free kick to equalize. Casemiro whiffs on a wide open net late. AWB with an insane tackle even later to salvage the point.

Sloppy game all around. Everything was off and can't say we deserved the 3 points. Team looked tired after a month's worth of games every 3 days. Arsenal on Sunday without Casemiro is going to be a huge task.
Thunder18
AG
Tough to swallow 2 dropped points there...CP is always a pain in our ass. At this point we need to just focus on solidifying top 4, stay within arms reach of the title hunt if Arsenal and City stumble
Aston94
AG
Thunder18 said:

Tough to swallow 2 dropped points there...CP is always a pain in our ass. At this point we need to just focus on solidifying top 4, stay within arms reach of the title hunt if Arsenal and City stumble
I don't mean to pick on you, but what the hell does that mean?

What is the difference between trying to win the league and "focusing on solidifying top 4"? Don't they both involve winning matches?

I see this on here a lot and I just don't understand the mindset. I think it is fan speak for "we will be happy with top 4".

Again, not picking on you, that statement just always confuses me.

Disappointing not to claim all 3 points tonight, should have been up by more than 1 goal with 10 minutes to play. Need to be a 2 or 3 goal a game team rather than score one and hold on for dear life.

Mathguy64
AG
Thunder18 said:

Curious how we weren't given the PK on McTominay. Pretty clear foul there that would be given anywhere else on the pitch

It should have been. The ref whiffed and VAR wouldn't or didn't bail him out.
Thunder18
AG
I guess I consider the likelihood of one of the teams below us in the table catching us for a top 4 spot higher than the likelihood that we can mount a sustained title challenge this season. So in my opinion our #1 focus needs to be holding off the teams below us for top 4, and in doing so hopefully increase our opportunity to mount a title shot if the teams above us falter.

Think of them as separate but complementary goals. Obviously none of this will matter when we go 19-0 for the last half of the season
Dre_00
In the battle for top 4, Spurs went full Spurs last night so that leaves us 6 points ahead of 5th with a game in hand. Spurs plays Fulham away on Monday which will be no walk in the park and their next league game is at home to City. One could argue that Brighton is in a better position to challenge for top 4. They are in good form and have a very manageable league schedule coming up, no European football distractions, and currently have 2 games in hand on Spurs while only being 3 points behind them.

Sunday is going to be massively difficult (though we already beat Arsenal once without Casemiro). If we can somehow manage a win, that will go a long way to making the title race interesting for a while longer (especially for City) and to solidifying top 4. A loss or a draw and I say we can officially stop the talk of being in a title race.
Dre_00
McTominay in for Casemiro. Dalot still injured. Weghorst up front. Lineup you would expect really.
Thunder18
AG
Bruno has had his pocket picked twice from behind already
Furlock Bones
AG
Rashie!
Thunder18
AG
Rashford. Class goal
Furlock Bones
AG
Missile!
Dre_00
Rashford ENDS Thomas Partey and scores from 25 yards out.
Thunder18
AG
Welp, can't say that wasn't coming. Wan Bissaka is TERRIBLE at covering his man on far post crosses
Dre_00
Thunder18 said:

Welp, can't say that wasn't coming. Wan Bissaka is TERRIBLE at covering his man on far post crosses

Yep. And playing the ball to him out of the back (De Gea) is just asking for trouble. Two big mistakes in two minutes.
Dre_00
I'm not sure how we managed 49% possession. In any case, Arsenal were more dangerous with their half than we were with ours.
Furlock Bones
AG
That was piss poor defending and goal keeping.
Dre_00
Arsenal are good. We are really struggling. Sometimes it's just that simple.
Furlock Bones
AG
Leveled!
Furlock Bones
AG

No one closing Saka again.
Thunder18
AG
Yea they are giving him way too much room in the box
Thunder18
AG
Would like to see Garnacho come on for Antony
Thunder18
AG
Literally letting Saka do the exact same **** when he scored. Make him go right!
Furlock Bones
AG
Eriksen saves what would have been another low corner goal for Saka.
Furlock Bones
AG
Amazing this game is 2-2. Arsenal have been far and away the better team. Last 2 matches for United have been real steps backward for EtH.
Dre_00
Furlock Bones said:

Amazing this game is 2-2. Arsenal have been far and away the better team. Last 2 matches for United have been real steps backward for EtH.

I would not say this game is a step backward. We were always going to have a tough game away against the team that is deservedly top of the league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.