Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,313 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That man clearly didn't watch enough United games between 2013-2022. The positivity from this year is certainly not enough to say things like that if you had watched United then.
Dre_00
Shaw and McTominay might be available for Forest. Which suggests that both have a pretty decent chance of being back for the 2nd leg at Sevilla.

If Shaw is available, will be interesting to see if he comes in at CB or LB. On the one hand, I doubt he wants to start Maguire and Lindelof together (no matter what he says) but on the other, Malacia was horrible last night. I mean dreadful even before that nonsense at the end.
Thunder18
AG
Broken 5th metatarsal for Martinez, he will definitely be out for the rest of the season.
Aston94
AG
Thunder18 said:

Broken 5th metatarsal for Martinez, he will definitely be out for the rest of the season.
Dre_00
There is a very small chance he could be healed in time for a cup final (should we make it) but even if he made it back, it's not like ETH would start him straight away. His season is done but at least this shouldn't impact his preparation for next season.

So now the effectiveness of the middle of our defense rests entirely on Rafael Varane's tender, fragile body.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

There is a very small chance he could be healed in time for a cup final (should we make it) but even if he made it back, it's not like ETH would start him straight away. His season is done but at least this shouldn't impact his preparation for next season.

So now the effectiveness of the middle of our defense rests entirely on Rafael Varane's tender, fragile body.

Aaaand Varane is out for about 2 weeks. That would mean he might be available for Spurs away on the 27th. Maguire is suspended for the FA Cup semi so if we get an injury/suspension before then, you might be seeing McTominay at center back or some such nonsense.
Dre_00
OK United, Aston Villa did you a huge favor. Please don't eff this up.
Skitch05
AG
Bournemouth too. A win tomorrow would definitely go a long way.
Dre_00
Starting Maguire and Lindelof away to a team in the relegation zone when 3 points are crucial...what could possibly go wrong?
Thunder18
AG
Dalot at LB
Mathguy64
AG
Back 4 of Dalot on the wrong side, slabhead, Lindelof and AWB.

That's brutal.
Dre_00
Did Malacia get hurt? I missed that.

Shaw not even making the bench doesn't bode well for Thursday.
Mathguy64
AG
Someone is saying a knee injury.

And they are reporting Sabitzer got hurt in warmups and Eriksen will start in his place. We will see in 5 minutes.
Thunder18
AG
We have had some terrible luck with injuries this year. Yikes
Mathguy64
AG
Yep. Sabitzer out.

I'll say it. We should forfeit Thursday. This squad can't afford to play any more extra matches. It's Thursday and then a minimum of 2 more. They just can't do it.
Thunder18
AG
Not even 3 minutes in and Maguire is caught out and gets a yellow.
Showstopper
AG
I'm trying to remain rational, but it is getting to Paul Pogba levels for me where every time I see Maguire, I find myself getting instantly mad and disgusted.
planoaggie123
AG
I think you are being rationale...his play is awful and damaging more often than not....
Mathguy64
AG
Wow. Martial contributes again.

That dude is an enigma.
Mathguy64
AG
NF is trying to get Slabhead sent off.

They are trying too hard. Just let him play normally and let nature take it's course.
Dre_00
That back line will present at least 3 more chances to Forest and every Forest corner looks like a scoring opportunity. Probably the least confident I've ever felt about a halftime lead.
Mathguy64
AG
Navas with a worldie.
Thunder18
AG
Navas playing out of his ****ing mind. Bruno has been cooking today
Mathguy64
AG
That was really well done. Antony cut so far back to his left (because he's incapable of going right) made a great drop to Dalot.
Mathguy64
AG
Those are a massive 3 points. 6 points clear and a game in hand over spurs.
Furlock Bones
AG
Really big win for United. Forrest have been good at home. After that gut punch the other day, we needed to take advantage of spurs and Newcastle missteps. Did that with a clean sheet. It still amazes me how shallow our quality is considering the amount of money we have spent over the last decade.
Thunder18
AG
Great win
Dre_00
Antony and Bruno were both really really good. That 2nd goal only happens because Dalot is forced into LB as an inverted full back. Really well worked and well taken considering it's not a primary tactic. Thrilled we took advantage of everyone else around us losing heading into the Spurs game in 11 days and pleasantly surprised.

No let's all pray to Jobu and see if we can get some of these players healthy in time for these cup games.
Dre_00
I'd be remiss if I didn't also say that Eriksen was really really good. Because he was. Undefeated when he, Casemiro, and Bruno start (15 wins and 2 draws).
Thunder18
AG
Bruno, Antony, Lindelof, Dalot and Eriksen all had great games I thought. Really nice to see Antony start using his right foot a little more today.
Mathguy64
AG
Thunder18 said:

Bruno, Antony, Lindelof, Dalot and Eriksen all had great games I thought. Really nice to see Antony start using his right foot a little more today.
He did a great job using it. He actually used it to stand on twice.
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

I'd be remiss if I didn't also say that Eriksen was really really good. Because he was. Undefeated when he, Casemiro, and Bruno start (15 wins and 2 draws).
Is it wrong to say I love Eriksen?
Dre_00
I didn't realize that Maguire was suspended for the FA Cup semi. Which means if Shaw is not fit to start (or even go 90), we might be seeing McTominay or something at CB on Sunday.

Yippee.
Aston94
AG
What did slabhead do to get suspended from the FA semi? Yellow card accumulation?

Crazy how thin the club has gotten so quickly.
Dre_00
Yeah apparently. I guess similar to other cup competitions, even 2 yellows can get you suspended from the next cup game.

It's all very confusing though because apparently red cards in league play can suspend you from cup games (i.e. Casemiro) but cup game cards don't apply to league games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.