Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

82,750 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, it didn't mean to imply it was weird because it wasn't the rules, more that it seems like a weird rule to begin with. I wasn't aware that was the rule.

Failing a defect in the pitch, it seems to make it way too likely that things like that yesterday happens where 1 team gets both the favorable decisions. There's a 50% chance that one of the two teams will get to shoot first and the more favorable end of the pitch.
Mathguy64
AG
50% chance you shoot into your supporters end and 50% first or second.

25% your end and you choose 1st.
25% your end but you kick 2nd

25% the wrong end but 1st
25% the wrong end 2nd

Basically 25% perfect for you, 25% perfect for the other team and 50% mixed bag.
Thunder18
AG
Dre_00 said:

Spurs have sacked Stellini so beware the new manager bounce on Thursday. Mason didn't have them playing that badly last time he stepped in and I'm sure the players will have something to prove at home after that Newcastle performance. This has trap game written all over it.

Realistically it's almost a must win for them to stay in the chase for top 4 so I definitely anticipate getting their best shot
jeffk
AG
Mathguy64 said:

50% chance you shoot into your supporters end and 50% first or second.

25% your end and you choose 1st.
25% your end but you kick 2nd

25% the wrong end but 1st
25% the wrong end 2nd

Basically 25% perfect for you, 25% perfect for the other team and 50% mixed bag.

Boom. Math-roasted.
Dre_00
Yeah, I worded it poorly, and not as thoroughly, but that's what I was getting at. That one of the two teams will get the best of both worlds 50% of the time.

Anyway, point is they should just do it how the NFL does it…one coin toss. No team can ever get the perfect scenario unless the other does a massive brain fart.

Dre_00
Bruno is out for the Tottenham game and probably a few more after. So that's awesome.
Thunder18
AG
We really can't catch a break with injuries right now
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

Bruno is out for the Tottenham game and probably a few more after. So that's awesome.
Dre_00
I think I read that Bruno was the first player in Europe to reach 50 games played this season. And that's not including World Cup games. If you include World Cup games, he's played on average a game every 4 days or so since early August. And a very large number of those games played have come as starts...not as a sub. That's just not sustainable.

We gotta find a bigger roster that has more talent top to bottom or else we'll ruin Bruno before he's 30. UEFA and FIFA aren't going to cut back the calendar anytime soon.
Thunder18
AG
And I would venture to bet he played the full 90 in most of those games. Dude has some mileage on him for sure
Mathguy64
AG

Bruno starts.
Dre_00
It appears either the journalist who said he was out was duped or he has made a miraculous recovery
Aston94
AG
Would be nice for him to have a rest, but man we don't have many options.
Mathguy64
AG
Sancho showed up.
Dre_00
That was a hell of a goal. He hit it so quickly and yet with a lot of power and perfect placement. More of that please Jadon.
Mathguy64
AG
Marcus! What a counter.
Dre_00
What a ball from Bruno. Not exactly sure what Dier's defensive strategy was there but well struck by Rashford.
Mathguy64
AG
The difference on the pitch with and without Bruno here versus Sevilla is night and day.

He may be a chippy hothead but his motor and heart are second to none.
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The difference on the pitch with and without Bruno here versus Sevilla is night and day.

He may be a chippy hothead but his motor and heart are second to none.
My favorite player of all time is Eric Cantona, so I am willing to deal with a fair amount of chippy hothead, especially when they play with the passion and desire to win like Fernandes and Cantona.
Dre_00
We are physically incapable of playing good football for 90 minutes.
Aston94
AG
Does Fred think we are in our white shirts tonight. His pass rate to Spurs is near 100%
Aston94
AG
And he left Dier for a free header...so lucky.
Mathguy64
AG
Bringing on Fred, Martial, Malacia is actually making the team weaker
Furlock Bones
AG
we are trying to lose this game real hard.
Aston94
AG
Casemiro has been utter crap today, don't remember a worse game from him.
Furlock Bones
AG
there is the equalizer. the game loser is coming as well. we sure as **** are not scoring again.
Thunder18
AG
Malacia is awful
Mathguy64
AG
Thunder18 said:

Malacia is awful

Right now Fred is worse.
Dre_00
Lost control of this game long before the subs. Team didn't come out for the 2nd half and subs have made it worse.

Anyway, throwing points away is becoming a theme for this team and it's going to cost us top 4 if we aren't careful.
Thunder18
AG
Fred is awful 99% of the time.
Thunder18
AG
Fred taking corners...somehow more wasteful than our usual corners
Furlock Bones
AG
honestly surprised we didn't throw away all 3 points.
Thunder18
AG
On one hand taking a point away with games in hand isn't a terrible result...until you realize that we completely bottled it in the 2nd half
Aston94
AG
Given all the circumstances, if you had told me before the game we would draw 2-2 I would have been happy, but man losing a 2-0 lead in that fashion really bites.
Showstopper
AG
Really disappointing. Up 2-0 and out-spured Spurs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.