Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,469 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Sancho can give you 45, you got to bring him on for Garnacho. Kid is talented but not his day today.
Dre_00
Chuck Cunningham said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

Why are Many and Leeds playing back to back matches?

Makeup from the funeral?
Yes

Why put it in the same week?

They want to make up the games as soon as possible especially because the FA Cup and Europa League could force even more league games later in the year to be rescheduled or block other midweek game opportunities. This was the first midweek available. If they didn't do it now, the next open midweek would be early March.
Thunder18
AG
Welp, started both halves completely asleep
Pathetic. New manager bounce is real
Mathguy64
AG
All that back luck just swung in one game.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bad day at the office
Thunder18
AG
This game is full on Rangnick vibes
Dre_00
Sabitzer is playing like he thinks a 1 touch pass is worth 3 goals. God I miss Eriksen.
Mathguy64
AG
Rashford. Hotter than the surface of the sun.
Thunder18
AG
Rashford gets one back. Pretty funny that we don't get any quality crosses into our 6'6 striker, but Rashford heads in immediately after moving to striker
Furlock Bones
AG
Rashie!
Dre_00
SAAAAAAAAAAANCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thunder18
AG
Sancho baby
Rudyjax
AG
4 goals in this match, and work has stopped me from seeing all 4. WTF yo.
Dre_00
Lindelof on as a holding mid. I'll take it.
Thunder18
AG
Fred with one of his worst games ever for us
Dre_00
Midfield reverted back to 2021 OGS w/o Casemiro and Eriksen and he went right along with it.
Rudyjax
AG
Well deserved 1 point.
tremble
AG
Great game
Thunder18
AG
Somehow every great opportunity we had in the last 5 minutes fell to Fred, who has a weaker shot than my 6 year old daughter
Dre_00
I guess if you get a draw after going down 2-0 in the 48th minute, you shouldn't be too pissed...but that's ultimately a game you have to win. We simultaneously could/should have won that and also played one of our worst, least ETH games of the season. He will not be pleased with the midfield but it was almost inevitable when he decided to play Sabitzer and Fred. It will be interesting to see if he goes with that pairing again if McTominay is NOT fit for Saturday. Something tells me he won't though I'm not sure what other choice he would have.

*Edited to add NOT. If McTominay is fit he definitely starts.
Thunder18
AG
If McTominay is even only at 70% you have to play him. He always turns up against Leeds
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I'm usually a Fred defender but that was a terrible game for him. I don't know if he was trying to do too much, but his touches and passes were sloppy and already questionable defense was somehow worse. He's already not a great finisher so I'm not surprised he missed those. Garnacho also didn't have a great game and squandered some great opportunities.

Despite playing a **** game, they had a ton of chances that didn't go in, some ridiculous saves and lucky tips, otherwise that could have easily been 3 points
Dre_00
Terrible game indeed but not surprisingly so. When Sabitzer and Fred were trotted out, you knew it could be loads of trouble for Fred...and it was. Just goes to show how good Casemiro is. He makes everyone around him a better player. Fred is leaps and bounds better when he's paired with him. That alone says something.

Sabitzer/Casemiro should be a reasonable midfield when Casemiro comes back especially as Sabitzer will have had more time to integrate by then. Until then, say all of the hail marys and pray that McTominay and a dream can get us 6 points against Leeds and Leicester.
Showstopper
AG
It was definitely a bad day for Fred. I too had started thinking, "You know Fred has looked a lot better this year." When I say "this year" I exclude the Brighton and Brentford games which I have tried to forget, but I do remember wanting him to follow Paul Pogba at the beginning of the year. That said, it was so bad yesterday for Fred I'm kind of getting back in that headspace. On a lesser scale, kind of the same with de Gea. Anyway, one day later, I'm hoping yesterday was just a bad blip.

It's too bad, though, because if it weren't for giving up two goals that shouldn't have been given up, we'd be feeling great about how good Sancho looked, and thinking can we have good Rashford and good Sancho both at the same time? Can Rashford fill the center for the rest of this campaign? I'm trying to make myself focus on the good because the good things were really good… but yeah, the bad things were pretty rotten.
Dre_00
McTominy (and Antony and Martial) are out for Leeds and most likely for Barca.

Not looking forward to another SabiFred experience today.
Dre_00
Shaw and Maguire at CB. SabiFred in the middle. Sancho starts.

Really surprised Martinez is benched especially as he's suspended for the 1st leg against Barca on Thursday.
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

Shaw and Maguire at CB. SabiFred in the middle. Sancho starts.

Really surprised Martinez is benched especially as he's suspended for the 1st leg against Barca on Thursday.

That's probably why he isn't playing. Needed to get some CB reps to someone who is going to play a part in the Barca game.
Mathguy64
AG
Well at least Leeds hasn't scored yet.
Thunder18
AG
Almost
Thunder18
AG
Fred with a completely unnecessary yellow 20' in
planoaggie123
AG
Is Bamford the worst starting striker in the premier league?
Mathguy64
AG
Little bit of exposed studs by Summerville on Bruno. Expect a Bruno retaliation shortly.

This has been brutally bad. 27' of going backwards with no forward connection.
Dre_00
I'm not sure what the point of our midfielders are at the moment.
Mathguy64
AG
How in the world is Ayling allowed to do that? Not one but twice in succession he threw a back fist.
Aston94
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Is Bamford the worst starting striker in the premier league?

I would like to introduce you to Mr. Weghorst.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.