Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,371 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fulham rumored to be interested in Bailly...season long loan with an option to buy.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

Fulham rumored to be interested in Bailly...season long loan with an option to buy.

Bailly wants to fight for his place supposedly. We'll see how long that mindset lasts.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
If the rumors of CR7 asking out are true, a striker just went to the top of the transfer needs list.
Dre_00
Ronaldo has officially asked to leave. Wish he would have waited till we added a striker. Now we're going to get uber fleeced if we go in for one. Other than that, I have no problem with this. Well...perhaps have a problem with no recognized first teamer whose best position is forward.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yea we are screwed at striker now.
boogieman
AG
What does the rumor mill say about where CR7 is wanting to go?
Mathguy64
AG
Well there was a young and talented first stringer who was a striker. He's in jail.
Dre_00
Nothing concrete other than he wants CL football and he's disappointed at the lack of signings.

The latter I get to a degree. But the former…I mean he's known since April this team wasn't getting CL football this season. Could've made this decision months ago and saved a lot of trouble.
Dre_00
Convince Eriksen to sign. Play him with Bruno as a false 9. Our wingers/inside forwards have to become the primary scorers.

Either that or Monsieur Martial as the number 9. Either solution is problematic.
Dre_00
Erisken has verbally agreed to a 3 year deal...medical pending. I am pleasantly surprised.
Dre_00
I'm not thrilled with Ronaldo leaving for another EPL team but if he goes to Chelsea, I'll gladly take Kante off their hands. Even at 50%, he'd be our best defensive minded mid by far.
Dre_00
Malacia official.

FdJ dragging. This is beginning to give me PTSD.

Eriksen in theory should be soon.

Martinez wants to move to the EPL and we have his old manager who he got along well with. This shouldn't be that hard people.

Unless Chelsea's new owner wants to go all flashy, I have no idea who can or wants to afford Ronaldo's wage demands even if he takes a significant pay cut.
Mathguy64
AG
Heard an interesting transfer item. Not ManU related other than it is a position of need.

Apparently Jesse Marsch wants Tyler Adams as a replacement for Phillips at CDM and RB Leipzig are willing to let him go.
Aston94
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Heard an interesting transfer item. Not ManU related other than it is a position of need.

Apparently Jesse Marsch wants Tyler Adams as a replacement for Phillips at CDM and RB Leipzig are willing to let him go.
That deal is all but done, just awaiting Adams physical.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/tyler-adams-to-leeds-united-medical-underway-as-usmnt-star-finalizes-gbp20-million-move-from-rb-leipzig/
Dre_00
Pereira has agreed to terms with Fulham. 10 mil GBP + 3 mil in add ons. So we're virtually even in net spend this transfer window thus far. That's not exactly an encouraging thing.
Aston94
AG
You aren't encouraged that they are making smart financial decisions so far? With o e of the two major signings being a free transfer I would expect us to be in the black right now. I am just happy they are selling off players who don't play or contribute. I don't ever worry about them spending money. It will happen, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Dre_00
What I meant by saying "not exactly encouraging" is that being in the black, this season of all seasons, may not necessarily be a good thing.

At the end of the day, they need to sign players that drastically improve the team and fill the biggest holes. I don't want them to over spend doing that and, on the bright side they definitely can't be accused of overspending thus far.

But they do have 120 million to spend. They really need to spend it. Smartly of course…that's the most important thing…but they need to spend it. And the fact they haven't spent it yet makes me concerned that they either won't spend it or will blow it stupidly late in the transfer season as they have a history of doing.
Furlock Bones
AG
In other news, Bara are **** club. I don't get why players still want to go there. They aren't paying their contractual obligations. In the US, they would be getting sued and this would be a huge signal of impeding bankruptcy.

Dre_00
For the same reason why players still wanted to play for United in the mid 2010s. The brand/allure was still strong and the team hadn't been **** for very long.

Barca haven't completely fallen off the top yet. Their still competitive. But if they continue to descend over the next 1-2 seasons, they'll likely feel the sting much in the way that United has.
Mathguy64
AG
In the US the players would be in a union who wouldn't let this happen.
deadbq03
AG
Speaking of Barca… No idea if this is true, but if it is, it's pretty damning commentary on their financial situation:
Dre_00
Sadly, part of it's true but not the funny part. Still made me laugh my ass off though...

Dre_00
Rumors that United are trying to hijack Ajax's buy back for Brian Brobbey.

Ajaxster United coming into full effect.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm waiting for the announcement that Daley Blind is coming back.
Dre_00
It's July 10th and we've officially signed 1 player. A backup LB.

I hate this club so much.
Furlock Bones
AG
It's not even funny anymore. Once again United management ineptitude puts a new manager on the back foot to start.
Dre_00
Only Manchester United can crush any sort of optimism stemming from a new manager 1 month BEFORE the ****ing season even starts.

I seriously hate this club so much.

At some point we'll be good again but who the hell knows when that will be.
Mathguy64
AG
You would think at some point the powers that be would try something different.

I guess not.
jeffk
AG
Any of y'all know if the United feed of tomorrow's skirmish in Thailand is available online anywhere?
Dre_00
You can watch it if you register with MUTV.
jeffk
AG
Same for LFC… was hoping your moneybags club had free access somewhere.
Dre_00
You're apparently not familiar with our business model.

Once upon a time, we had an official noodle sponsor.
Dre_00
ETH being Dutch + Ziggo losing their EPL rights and needing something to show on Ziggo Football = me watching today's friendly on TV
Dre_00
Well that was enjoyable even if it meant next to nothing.
jeffk
AG
Oh, come on now. You're Bangkok Century Cup Champions!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.