Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

116,529 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This second half has been bad
OneBlitzer
AG
No fluidity in possession or imagination.
OneBlitzer
AG
Disappointing. Dropped points again on the road against a club in bottom half of table. Not optimistic at all about Liverpool match.
wangus12
AG
That was just god awful. Stopped playing after we scored. Completely dominated in the midfield. Those guys couldn't connect a forward pass is their lives depended on it. Our defense continues to get shelled by stupid mistakes that lead to goals and injuries.

I have no idea what Emery was doing by taking off Ozil, leaving us with 3 defensive/deep-lying midfielders when we needed to chase the game. Then you take Laca off for an attacking midfielder. It felt like he was tinkering too much with the lineup. We are really missing Bellerin racing up and down the right.

The loss against Southampton and this match really felt like not much has changed from Wenger. I don't see us making the top 4 as we are now nor do I see us spending any significant money in January.
texagbeliever
Lichtsteiner is not good enough. Kolasinac needs to be a wing back not full back. Ozil just doesn't seem interested.

Needs: left back, center back, right back (to backup bellerin), wing midfielder (like miki/willian/iwobi)
chjoak
AG
Rumor de joir is PSG looking to buy Ramsey in Jan.
wangus12
AG
Ozil apparently didn't make the trip to Liverpool. Won't lie, with all the injuries in the defense and the terrible inconsistencies in our attack, I fully expect to get hammered tomorrow. Hopefully we are prepared tactically (which we haven't been in the last few matches), but I'm not so sure anymore.
gougler08
AG
Yeah I don't like our chances today
wangus12
AG
Playing a back 3. I have zero faith in Lichsteiner who has given away multiple goals this season and just looks past it. I also don't understand why we seem to be refusing to give Lacazette a proper run out.

texagbeliever
Spurs losing 3-1 after a dominant first half. So not a terrible day.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Playing a back 3. I have zero faith in Lichsteiner who has given away multiple goals this season and just looks past it. I also don't understand why we seem to be refusing to give Lacazette a proper run out.

AMN and Kolasinac better not bomb forward constantly or we are going to be in real trouble
PJYoung
AG
Any rumor as to why Ozil is not on the trip?
OneBlitzer
AG
Sore knee
OneBlitzer
AG
Surprise! Arsenal up one!
texagbeliever
Niles is playing wing/full back and I think he surprised Robertson with his advanced position
OneBlitzer
AG
Sloppy defense. All level.
OregonAggie
AG
Man I hate playing y'all.

At least it's tied now
OneBlitzer
AG
UGLY! Crap defense!
texagbeliever
And well when does next season start.
gougler08
AG
Lichtsteiner is awful now
OneBlitzer
AG
Done and dusted. Down 3-1.
OregonAggie
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Done and dusted. Down 3-1.

This game has probably 2-3 more goals in it. I wouldn't give up yet.
texagbeliever
Salah is trash. Screw that diving diva
gougler08
AG
So so bad...was a bad tackle and just asking for Salah to go down
OneBlitzer
AG
First three months of the season were enjoyable and a nice surprise under Unai Emery. Last two weeks have been disappointing and reminiscent of Wengerball.
OregonAggie
AG
texagbeliever said:

Salah is trash. Screw that diving diva

I agree and I'm a Liverpool guy. I hate this diving crap. It's cheating plain and simple.
AggieRob93
AG
Absolute trash in the back. Wenger did not care for defense, doesn't seem Emery cares for it anymore than his predecessor.

Further, the midfield continues to be dominated by the opponent, and makes the garbage at the back dig the hole even deeper.

Frustrating.
Smokedraw01
OneBlitzer said:

First three months of the season were enjoyable and a nice surprise under Unai Emery. Last two weeks have been disappointing and reminiscent of Wengerball.

The issue is our backline...it's been that way all season long and it appears we don't have the horses because we've done nothing the past five seasons to address it. It looks like Wenger ball because it's the same **** we've been dealing with.

And Liverpool is damn good.
OneBlitzer
AG
Liverpool is an impressive club.
OregonAggie
AG
I think this team will be solidly a Top 4 team next year IF they get help in the back. Not sure that occurs in the January window but next summer will be make or break. Emery has been my coach if the year so far. Y'all just need a couple big defensive signings and this team gets real scary for the rest of the league.
Smokedraw01
OregonAggie said:

I think this team will be solidly a Top 4 team next year IF they get help in the back. Not sure that occurs in the January window but next summer will be make or break. Emery has been my coach if the year so far. Y'all just need a couple big defensive signings and this team gets real scary for the rest of the league.

I agree but it will depend on the people above him that make those decision on who to sign.
Ed Marcinkiewicz
Maitland-Niles should be preferred to either Lichtstiner or Kolasinac going forward. Two starting central defenders should be 1-2 in priority for summer. Can't win if you can't defend.
jeffk
AG
Good luck the rest of the way boys.
wangus12
AG
Need help in the defense in the worst way. AMN looked better today than in the last two games. Salah is starting to get up there with diving teams. Guess he is prepareing for the 2020 Olympics.

Liverpool is gonna be a tough out for everybody. Hope somebody knocks them off
PJYoung
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.