Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

115,612 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lacazette should have buried that one into the back of the net.
wangus12
AG
FFS it will not go in.
OneBlitzer
AG
Finally!! Lacazette!!
wangus12
AG
Laca knew absolutely nothing about that ball.

I lied. He definitely shifts
wangus12
AG
Anyone feel like Wenger never left because that is what this match has been.
chjoak
AG
2nd half...

Duzy still looks like a badass

El Neny finally getting into the game a looking decent

Sokratis/Mustafi seem to be settling in a bit

Ozil starting to show up... almost right after being moved to the #10 spot

Iwobi looks like he has gained some confidence at the WC. Just needs to work on his shot.

Chambers hasn't been challenged but he has looked pretty good at RB. Still think he is a good enough passer to play at the #6. Not sure he ever really gets the chance now with how good Duzy looks though.
chjoak
AG
will take some time to get everyone into a different mindset
wangus12
AG
Bellerin had an absolute shocker of a game, especially dealing with that young Chelsea speedster. That hair must be slowing him down a bit.
wangus12
AG
Power is power lol. Poor Cech
OneBlitzer
AG
Impressive by both clubs on their penalties.
wangus12
AG
Cech is starting to get this whole PK thing down lol
wangus12
AG
IWOBI!
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal! Arsenal! Arsenal!!
wangus12
AG
Dembele hanging out with Auba, Laca, Mkhi and Duzy.

gougler08
AG
Is it happening?
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure its just because he is still on vacation and is best buds with Auba.

wangus12
AG
Kola might be out 8-10 weeks with a knee problem. Ramsey presumably in training next week.

Looking forward to seeing Torreira and Lichsteiner tomorrow
texagbeliever
Espnfc is reporting arsenal have interest in Vida (Croatian cb). Would be a great add to the team but someone would probably have to leave.
chjoak
AG
Personally don't believe we are interested in Vida however been runors the last 2 days that someone inquired about Mustafi and we put a 22.5m GBP price on his head.
wangus12
AG
Game today is gonna be streamed live on Arsenals website
wangus12
AG
Well thats a new lineup

gougler08
AG
So do we have any clue what are best starting 11 is at this point?
wangus12
AG
Not really. Back line needs time to gel and who knows what Emery is gonna through out there in the midfield.

This looks like a straight 4-4-2 to me.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Not really. Back line needs time to gel and who knows what Emery is gonna through out there in the midfield.

This looks like a straight 4-4-2 to me.

Based on the group I'd probably suggest 4-2-2-2. Similar to his 4-2-3-1 but push the #10 up into the forward position.
TXAggie2011
AG
I think they're going to move and fall back into different shapes as they come in and out of their pressing.
wangus12
AG
Rumor out that Chelsea are gonna bid 35m for Rambo. He is my favorite player on the team right now and I'll be crushed if he leaves. I'd rather lose him on a free next year than sell him to Chelsea. We are directly competing with them for a top 4 spot and 35m isn't enough money for us to buy a replacement of his caliber. He is worth more to us in terms of competing for CL than the 35m.

Also revealed that Monreal is injured, so it looks like AMN will be starting at LB against City. Won't be shocked if Duzy starts either because Xhaka did not look good today.
chjoak
AG
Chambers is scheduled for medical with Fulham for a season long loan. Not a horrible move. Would like to see him get some minutes with us but Fulham is desperate for DF. Good chance he starts for them all season.

Rumor that we are after Rico Rodriguez for LB cover given the news that both Nacho & Kola are injured and at least Kola is likely out at least 1.5-2 mths. If we get him I could see Nacho being moved in Jan.
wangus12
AG
Chambers is almost 100% going to Fulham. Still rumors out there about going after Vida. Welbeck has been told he won't get much action and is allowed to leave. Apparently we may now be selling Perez to West Ham for 3m because we cannot sell players for anything while Liverpool somehow manages to get Danny Ings sold for ****ing 20m
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Chambers is almost 100% going to Fulham. Still rumors out there about going after Vida. Welbeck has been told he won't get much action and is allowed to leave. Apparently we may now be selling Perez to West Ham for 3m because we cannot sell players for anything while Liverpool somehow manages to get Danny Ings sold for ****ing 20m
3m seems really low but in all fairness he will be 29 in a month, hasn't done anything in 2 yrs, is not HG and is on a reasonably high salary. From what I read, the salary is what killed deals to 2 different Italian and 1 French club.
chjoak
AG
Would really like to see us finish up this window with...

• Ramsey signed
  • find a reasonably priced LB that can play immediately (Rico, Shaw, Bernat, Bertrand, Tierney???) and possibly push Kola to a CB role (think it may be best long term option)
  • loan Dembele with an option to buy in Jan or next summer
wangus12
AG
I think what we are seeing is Arsenal trying to clear the wage bill and get rid of deadwood players that make too much. Unfortunately, we have to sell low because these players have huge wage demands now.
chjoak
AG
Yep. On one of the other Arsenal MBs I visit they are referring to it as the Wumger Tax.
chjoak
AG
Also hearing that Welbeck has been told he likely won't see the field much and is free to seek another team. Sounds like we may be going with a good number of young guys to make up out HG numbers.
chjoak
AG
Rumored to be asking 20-25m GBP for Welbeck. Must be trying to fund another move. Rico Rodriguez smoke is heating up as well.
chjoak
AG
What I am hearing this morning...

- Perez to West Ham agreed

- 2-3 PL teams interested in Welbeck

- Rico smoke continues but other sources are saying Emery is content starting the season with AMN at LB until Kola is ready

- Ramsey will be sold by EOW if he doesn't sign an extension

- Arsenal offered a player plus cash deal to Besiktas for Vida. The players that Besiktas could pick from were Ospina, Welbeck & Mustafi. Besiktas appears to have the greatest interest in Ospina.

- Barca wants Pogba. ManU is willing to let him go. Barca wants to clear 1-2 players in order to fund/open salary for Pogba. Dembele is one of the players considered expendable. Barca has placed a 100m Euro pricetag on him. Arsenal are trying to get Dembele with a loan to buy deal... 10m Euro now as a loan fee, 90m Euro next summer to finalize the deal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.