Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

116,306 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Xhaka responsible for his own fouls, but what the heck was Mustafi doing during that break...
AustinScubaAg
AG
Wow from the reverse angle that was a dive.
gougler08
AG
AustinScubaAg said:

Even if it was, that was always going to be given with that terrible challenge from Xhaka...man we need Monreal back soon
wangus12
AG
gougler08 said:

AustinScubaAg said:

Even if it was, that was always going to be given with that terrible challenge from Xhaka...man we need any LB back soon
FIFY
wangus12
AG
What a god awful sports weekend
texagbeliever
Wish Emery would have brought on welbeck for laca. Laca just couldn't play a good ball today.

Also he probably should have put miki on instead of Ramsey. You have a one goal lead and are facing dangerous wingers. Would have been better to have more cover.
OregonAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

What a god awful sports weekend

Not too late to become a scouser Mr Wangus. Join the bandwagon
PJYoung
AG
I'll take a point on the road.

Frustrated it wasn't 3, especially considering both of their goals were PKs.

We were in Kansas City so I popped into the Arsenal bar to watch the game with 12 other gooners. Pretty fun way to watch a match.
texagbeliever
Big game vs liverpool on Saturday. I'm wondering if auba starts or if miki gets the nod. I think miki is a bit more committed to defense and better at helping arsenal keep possession. Auba is obviously better at scoring and fast breaks. Hopefully we find a healthy left back.
chjoak
AG
Saw a rumor this morning that we have offered Ajax 8m GBP for LB Nicolas Tagliafico
wangus12
AG
Apparently have now straight up told Rambo we aren't going to make another offer and he'll be free to go at the end of the year. I won't lie that I'm frustrated about it. I know it definitely has some to do with what he wants to be paid and that he doesn't really seem to fit in Emery's system. Just bummed on how it is coming to an end. I think he is a top player on his day and he deserves to be up there in terms of club legends. He almost single-handedly carried us in 13/14 and scored the winner in two FA Cup Finals. Wish it had a happier ending.

Hope he doesn't stay in the EPL, but with his wife just having twins, I doubt they are going to move abroad.
chjoak
AG
I'm ok with him leaving (prefer a sale) but I agree that it should have gone down differently.

I've heard rumor of a few clubs in Italy (Juventus & Milan) and Spain (Valencia) being interested in signing him on a free. in the EPL I've heard Everton want to offer (FA signing) salary + bonus that would get him to the rumored salary demands he had for us. I've heard there may be some interest from ManU or Chelsea to buy him in Jan. Id rather see him go abroad but I wouldn't be apposed to selling him local if the price is right and the board lets us re-purpose that cash for a LB and/or W.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice goal by Lichtsteiner! Monreal would approve.
OneBlitzer
AG
Smith Rowe puts Arsenal up 2 nil and soon after Guendouzi gets second yellow.
wangus12
AG
Terrible call from the ref, but Guendouzi needs to stop learning Xhaka's moves lol
OneBlitzer
AG
Just got interesting. Blackpool header makes it 2-1. Arsenal down a man. Nervy indeed.
wangus12
AG
That is why Cech won't be starting for us again. He's a better stopper than Leno, but he cannot play with his feet. Huge letoff
texagbeliever
Why isnt elmeny playing instead of Guendouzi? Just dumb to have him unavailable for liverpool. I think that is right with next suspension
wangus12
AG
Elneny is hurt right now and not training.
wangus12
AG
10v10. Dude tried to destroy Auba.
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal advance. Big match this weekend.
wangus12
AG
Probably going to have a Holding-Sokratis pairing at the back this weekend.

Bummed that Nketiah didn't get any minutes. Most likely due to Guendouzi getting sent off. Dude is basically in limbo where he is tearing up the reserve league, but isn't getting any minutes with the first team. Dude deserves a shot
wangus12
AG
We drew spuds in the next round of the Carabao Cup
wangus12
AG
I miss him

wangus12
AG
So who do we want at LB. Looks like Monreal and Sokratis didn't practice yesterday. Kolasinac did but I think he'd get destroyed by Liverpool's attack. As bad as it probably sounds, I want AMN for his pace with Welbeck in front because he'll help defensively. Holding and Mustafi most likely will start in the CB. It'll be a tough match, but I think we can win
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

So who do we want at LB. Looks like Monreal and Sokratis didn't practice yesterday. Kolasinac did but I think he'd get destroyed by Liverpool's attack. As bad as it probably sounds, I want AMN for his pace with Welbeck in front because he'll help defensively. Holding and Mustafi most likely will start in the CB. It'll be a tough match, but I think we can win

Yikes, probably going to need to score 3 to win with that back line
agdoc2001
AG
Bellerin might be out as well. This could be ugly.

Do we have any fit defenders left? Silvestre still alive?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Reiss Nelson scored a stunner today
wangus12
AG
Vote of no confidence in our defense today

wangus12
AG
Offense is gonna have to be clinical today
OneBlitzer
AG
Promising start. COYG!
wangus12
AG
Definitely got away with one that half. Need to put one of those chances away
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap! Nice finish by Milner.
wangus12
AG
Just like that both A&M and Arsenal go to crap
agdoc2001
AG
Yes sir!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.