Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

116,253 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is going to be a breathless last 25+ minutes. I'm really glad my employer seems to understand afternoons such as this at this point.
wangus12
AG
We need a change and another goal
gougler08
AG
We're going for a 3rd goal...Iwobi and Mhki coming on
texagbeliever
I'd say those would both be defense upgrades more than attacking muscle.
ptothemo
AG
wangus12 said:

We need a change and another goal
You need to buy a lottery ticket tonight or something. Prognostication on point.
OneBlitzer
AG
Brilliant team goal.
wangus12
AG
**** yes!
PJYoung
AG
The subs changed everything immediately.
wangus12
AG
Black Panther is not clutch
PJYoung
AG
Auba! Dammit
AustinScubaAg
AG
Man Mustafi has been a turnover machine this half. Thankfully no damage from them.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Glad they keep being offsides
wangus12
AG
Clenching at the end, but on to the next round
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice win! Arsenal confidently overcame goal deficit then finished off Rennes in second half. Back line was solid.
PJYoung
AG
Emery you glorious bas-tard.

AustinScubaAg
AG
Nice win even if nervy at the end.
PJYoung
AG
gougler08
AG
Were most likely going to have to beat them and/or Chelsea at some point anyways
PJYoung
AG
But he makes a good point - if we're gonna lose to Napoli I would much rather it be now so we can rest guys for EPL. Playing for both top 4 and the Euro Cup is tough unless you have talent to burn on the bench.
wangus12
AG
Pretty much. Either we get knocked out and can concentrate on top four or we knock out a serious contender and winning the whole thing becomes a serious possibility.
eiggA2002
AG
Interesting to see how motivated Napoli are. They're virtually guaranteed CL next year by being comfortably in 2nd in Serie A with no chance of catching Juve. Maybe they are motivated by a trophy or maybe they are cruising to the end of the season. In or out, based on form and fixtures you guys should make Top 4 (or maybe 3rd!!).
chjoak
AG
Some rumors floating around that Monchi has agreed a deal to return to Sevilla and that Overmars wants our job.
chjoak
AG
Monchi to Sevilla looks to be official. Overmars is thought to be be our next choice and media claims he is very interested.
gougler08
AG
Chelsea lose
wangus12
AG
chjoak said:

Monchi to Sevilla looks to be official. Overmars is thought to be be our next choice and media claims he is very interested.
Well he does a pretty solid job at Ajax and I wouldn't mind bringing him home
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

chjoak said:

Well he does a pretty solid job at Ajax and I wouldn't mind bringing him home

If he's responsible for building that Ajax team that just tore apart Real Madrid, I could think of much worse hires
chjoak
AG
I did read a few hours ago that he was responsible for buying Frenkie de Jong from Willem II for under 1M and 4 yrs later he has been sold to Barca for 75M. He also bought Tagliafico for something like 8M.
chjoak
AG
Reading that the tech director position was a 3 man race between Monchi, Overmars & Steve Morrow. Morrow is Arsenal's current head of youth scouting and has been part of Arsenal's youth setup for over a decade. Overmars is said to be interested in the position but the decision ultimately comes down to which guy gets along best with Raul and shares his vision for building the future of Arsenal.
chjoak
AG
And now there are reports that Overmars has extended his contract at Ajax

Really hoping this was truly larger than a 3-man race
agdoc2001
AG
Morrow it is, I guess...unless Eboue is free.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Any interest in Kostas Manolas? Evidently he has a clause in his contract that gives him a 30-31M GBP release clause if they do not qualify for CL. Roma is currently 4 pts out of qualification with 10 games remaining, 3 of those 10 games are against teams currently in the top 4 and they have 3 teams chasing them that are all within 3 pts.

ManU is said to be interested but it's possible they don't qualify either. CL plus the opportunity to play with his countryman may be enticing for him.
wangus12
AG
If anyone is bored this morning, the club is streaming the friendly match in Dubai on their website. Starts just after 8 am I believe
wangus12
AG
gougler08
AG
Why are we playing a friendly in Dubai?
wangus12
AG
Staying match fit plus I'm pretty sure we are getting paid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.