Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

116,457 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need some improvement but if you try to look at things objectively (and a little on the positive side) we aren't in a bad spot. We are currently tied for 5th but only 1 point out of 4th. We have 2 tough games left (Spurs & ManU) and the rest should be Ws. It will take things going our way but both ManU & Chelsea have more tough games remaining on their schedules. On top of that we have a decent shot for EL. There are a few good teams left in the competition but when we play well we have as good a shot as any to beat those teams.

We could argue all day on the Ozil situation. He has games were he looks brilliant and others aweful. I understand being careful if/when to play him. I personally would play him a bit more often but with a short leash. Ramsey on the other hand should be playing often. He tends to play well when he does play. I'd be running his butt into the ground until he leaves.
wangus12
AG
We drew Stade Rennais in the round of 16.
wangus12
AG
Also, Chelsea have been banned from making transfers in the next two windows
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Also, Chelsea have been banned from making transfers in the next two windows
They are also having issue with Sarri. Heard a rumor yesterday that he could be sacked.
Gigem Trevas
Wrong thread.
chjoak
AG
More reports from Spain & Portugal that we have sent scouts to watch Grimaldo
chjoak
AG
Marca claiming that Monchi's contract at Roma (expires 6/30/2021) has a "release clause" that he can invoke this summer and he has hinted at a planned exit. It is speculated that he would then join Arsenal.
chjoak
AG
And seeing news this morning that Monchi has agreed to join us this summer.
redleg26
texagbeliever
If Arsenal win tomorrow they will trail the spuds by 7 points. Spuds have chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool left on their schedule while Arsenal just has Man U and spuds. I feel like there is a real chance of Arsenal being able to gain 7 points. Maybe just wishful thinking. Also helps that the spuds now have no shot at their EPL title.
wangus12
AG
I wouldn't jinx it. Karma has a way of punching Arsenal fans in the dick
texagbeliever
Good news for Wangus, looks like we will be playing with a back 4 again today. Get's us one better attacker on the field. Also S'hampton have a 3-5-1-1 which seems like it will be a bit narrow. I'm hoping we come out and press early and look to disrupt S'hampton early to try to create some easy chances off of turnovers.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice! Lacazette!
gougler08
AG
That was a crazy minute
gougler08
AG
texagbeliever said:

Good news for Wangus, looks like we will be playing with a back 4 again today. Get's us one better attacker on the field. Also S'hampton have a 3-5-1-1 which seems like it will be a bit narrow. I'm hoping we come out and press early and look to disrupt S'hampton early to try to create some easy chances off of turnovers.

Good call, turnover leads to number 2
OneBlitzer
AG
Wide open match. Arsenal burying their opportunities while Southampton have not.
texagbeliever
ManU is having some injury trouble. Rashford is limping, Herrea subbed off with a hamstring injury and Matic out a month with a muscle injury. I don't think they have the depth to replace those three though rashford might be okay.

Add Mata subbed off after 25 minutes.

Add Lingaurd subbed off after coming on in 25.
OneBlitzer
AG
Halftime:
Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton
MU 0 - 0 Liverpool
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points. Arsenal win 2 nil. Move up to 4th place with win and ManU draw.
AggieRob93
AG
OneBlitzer said:

3 points. Arsenal win 2 nil. Move up to 4th place with win and ManU draw.

Even bigger news...a clean sheet!
wangus12
AG
Missed the match while running the Cowtown half this morning. Had my fiance calling out the score at different points in the race
ptothemo
AG
wangus12 said:

Missed the match while running the Cowtown half this morning. Had my fiance calling out the score at different points in the race
This. All of this.
BullSprig07
AG
ptothemo said:

wangus12 said:

This. All of this.

What makes it even better is that I am pretty sure he has posted about this before on previous year's Arsenal threads for previous marathons.
wangus12
AG
The best part is I don't have to ask anymore. She looks it up on her own
chjoak
AG
sounds like you have her trained right
wangus12
AG
Abou Diaby officially retired today. He was such an awesome player to watch when he was healthy, but after the ankle injury he was never the same.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

after the ankle injury
I like how you put "the ankle injury". Like there was only one!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
I'm talking about the original one against Sunderland in like 2005. Dude destroyed Diaby's ankle and that was the beginning of the injury problems.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm talking about the original one against Sunderland in like 2005. Dude destroyed Diaby's ankle and that was the beginning of the injury problems.
I figured that's what you meant, just thought it was funny.

And obligatory:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Kicking racism out of football
wangus12
AG
Big 10 days coming up. Need the win today against Bournemouth to give us some momentum heading into the matches against spuds and united.
chjoak
AG
hopefully manu's injury bug holds out a bit longer to give us a little bit of an advantage. with their remaining schedule (vs ours), a win would put 4th place squarely in our hands.
texagbeliever
Jenkinson starting is a bit of a surprise. Will be interesting the shape our attack takes.
wangus12
AG
Lichsteiner is out and AMN is only just back from illness
texagbeliever
That explains that.

I think kola and ozil will get an assist today. Just feels like a good opponent for them

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.