Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

116,034 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't we play this weekend? I figured a weekend off would have been nice for everyone, but what do I know
wangus12
AG
I think we play on Monday. I think this was also a trip to build some more chemistry and get the youngsters/Suarez minutes more than anything. Players like Ozil, Mustafi and Laca will probably only play 45 minutes. Granted I'm worried about injuries. Ramsey pulled out of the Welsh squad with an injury and we are coming into a very important home stretch where we need everyone.
wangus12
AG
We were down 1-nil for most of the half, but the Jenkinson has just leveled it up
wangus12
AG
My favorite quote of the match from Reddit

Quote:

Come on boys, don't blow the chance to catch the eye of some billionaire sugar daddy
wangus12
AG
Laca makes it 2-1
wangus12
AG
Tyreece John-Jules adds a 3rd. Steals the ball from a CB on the press, rounds the keeper and places it against two defenders in the net. Good composure from the 18 year old.
wangus12
AG
Plezueguelo gives away a poor penalty that they convert. 3-2 Arsenal
wangus12
AG
Rumored schedule for this summer. International Champion's Cup announces their schedule tomorrow

gougler08
AG
I have some AA miles to burn and they fly from Houston to LA...that could be fun
wangus12
AG
LA, Charlotte and DC are pretty much confirmed. I'm holding out hope for Denver because its the cheapest from DFW and I'm getting married/honeymoon 2 weeks before these matches and will be broke
chjoak
AG
New name surfacing in technical/sporting director role... Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio
chjoak
AG
Claims that we are looking to offload Ozil, Miki, ElNeny, Chambers & Mustafi this summer. No surprising names.

Ornstein claiming that we are likely looking at atleast 5 new signings in the summer. The 5 specific positions he mentions are LB, RB (cover for Bellerin), CM (Ramsey replacement), Wing, GK (Cech replacement). Hopefully we have plans to grab a CB as well.
wangus12
AG
agdoc2001
AG
I'll probably do Charlotte. Falls on a Saturday and it's nicer than LA or DC.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Yeah I'm thinking Charlotte as well, but there is still the rumored match in Denver which I'd rather go to. That game hasn't been announced yet since it isn't part of the ICC.
OneBlitzer
AG
Bayern Munich in LA(Carson) midweek isn't ideal but hope to make it happen.
wangus12
AG
Denver was just announced
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Game on the 15th. Now I'm torn.....Denver or Charlotte?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
I'm going to Denver. Cheaper to get too from DFW, I have a buddy there and I might sneak in a quick 14er before coming home. It means literally landing from our honeymoon and getting on another plane 2 days later but its worth it.
chjoak
AG
Numerous publications are insisting that we are in on Umtiti and Alaba for this summer.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
The Alaba rumor is based on Bayern signing Lucas Hernandez. He plays LB for France, and so the logic is that he'd do the same in Munich which would make Alaba redundant. The problem is that I don't agree with that train of thought. Hernandez can also play CB, and as Boateng is set to leave at the end of the season, it makes more sense to me that he'd play CB and Alaba would stay put at LB. So I don't see that one happening.
chjoak
AG
It's also based on Alaba recently stating some stuff about new challenges, playing in the EPL and always being a fan of Arsenal.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
True, I forgot about that part. But his contract isn't about to expire, is it? I don't think so, and I don't see Bayern selling him for what we would offer given we have so many needs to fill this go around.
chjoak
AG
I don't disagree at all. Just find it interesting that so many are claiming that we are hot & heavy after the pair. Wish it were true as they would make a huge impact.
wangus12
AG
AustinScubaAg
AG
agdoc2001 said:

wangus12 said:

Game on the 15th. Now I'm torn.....Denver or Charlotte?
I am torn can do direct to LA or Charlotte. LA is a week night but better match up.
wangus12
AG
Apparently we are finalizing the signing of 17 year old Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli depending on him getting a passport. Supposed to be a new, hot prospect.
agdoc2001
AG
Arsenal America will be selling tickets for each of the games in the supporters section. Info going out on presale codes 4/1.
chjoak
AG
Linked with a Spanish MF named Joan Jordn. Has a 15M Euro release clause. Pretty positive info about him online. Seen some claims that he is damn near a like for like replacement for Ramsey.
wangus12
AG
Huge match tomorrow. Time for the lads to nut up or shut up because the final run is tougher than it looks with 5 away matches. Emery better have the guys ready to rock in roll out of the break which came right as we were hitting our stride.
chjoak
AG
Win today and we are in 3rd. Win the rest of the games on our schedule (very doable) and no one can bump us from that spot.

3rd place in Emery's first season would be astounding.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Win the rest of the games on our schedule (very doable)
I think it will be very tough. We've won only 1 match away from home in the league since November and it was against Huddersfield who've already been relegated. Watford, Wolves and Leicester away from home will be massive tests plus adding in the Napoli fixtures.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Win the rest of the games on our schedule (very doable)
I think it will be very tough. We've won only 1 match away from home in the league since November and it was against Huddersfield who've already been relegated. Watford, Wolves and Leicester away from home will be massive tests plus adding in the Napoli fixtures.
And we barely won that Huddersfield game if I remember right...
wangus12
AG
We did well there, but gave up a ET goal at the end to make sure we don't keep a clean sheet. If they play like they did against spuds away we can do well, but we are having to put a lot on our away form which has been awful for over 1.5 years
wangus12
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.