Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

114,093 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't see Arsenal signing him.

1. price tag is too high (47m GBP) vs our budget
2. we don't really have room at the moment for an attacker in the starting lineup
3. much more pressing needs (GK, CB, DM, RB)
wangus12
AG
Santi signed with Villareal. Glad he landed somewhere and hope he can bounce back from his injuries. One of my favorite players of the recent times.
wangus12
AG
1st signing is done. Stephan Lichsteiner is moving on a free transfer from Juventus. Adds needed depth to the RB position. He will wear #12.

https://instagr.am/p/BjpNwfpDxjA
chjoak
AG
He's old but a good pickup. Finally have the RB cover we need combined with a strong leader for the back line.
chjoak
AG
Rumors that we have agreed a new kit deal with Adidas that will start in 2019. Puma deal was 30m. Adidas deal rumored to be 60m.
wangus12
AG
Man Lichsteiner is a smart dude. Master tactician.

deadbq03
AG
Thanks. That's kinda what I thought from lurking on this thread. I think he's headed to Italy, but who knows.
wangus12
AG
Only one Mesut Ozil

wangus12
AG
chjoak said:

Rumors that we have agreed a new kit deal with Adidas that will start in 2019. Puma deal was 30m. Adidas deal rumored to be 60m.
We can only hope because Puma has been a major bust. Not a fan of these either, but I'll end up liking them more than the home kit.

agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

chjoak said:

We can only hope because Puma has been a major bust. Not a fan of these either, but I'll end up liking them more than the home kit.

You blockhead!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Today has been crazy.

• Apparently we are ready to bring Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria and are only stalling because of high agent (aka extortion) fees
  • Talks have advanced with Caglar Soyuncu
  • We are monitoring Jean-Phillippe Gbamin from Mainz
wangus12
AG
If ya'll are bored Rosicky's testimonial match is on Arsenal.com streaming live.
chjoak
AG
Gelson Martins, William Carvalho and Bruno Fernandes have submitted a letter of resignation to Sporting Lisbon in an effort to cancel their contracts related to the fan attacks on the team/players from last month. Everything I've read says they will now be free agents. We have been linked with an effort to sign Martins recently. Would be ecstatic if we could get he and Carvalho signed.
wangus12
AG
Reports are that the Torreira deal is finished
chjoak
AG
Leno & the Turk seem to be heating up as well.

Also rumors that Fulham wants Chambers and we have set a 22m price tag on him. At this point I think I would rather try to straight swap Chambers for Sessegnon and have he and Nelson as your wingers of the future.
chjoak
AG
Claims that Torreira's agent is off to Russia so we can get him locked up before the WC games start.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Adli apparently had a change of heart and is signing with PSG.
TXAggie2011
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Adli apparently had a change of heart and is signing with PSG.
chjoak
AG
Assume they threw more money and the idea of working for Tuchel who is known for developing youth. Problem with that logic is that he didn't have much choice to use youth at his prior stops. At PSG he will have world class vets to work with.
chjoak
AG
Also, AMN signed a 5 yr contract extension and has switched to #15. Heard that Emery sees him as a huge part of the MF in the near future. Curious to see if he utilizes him in more a CM our outside role.
wangus12
AG
Well Emery is getting a trial by fire to start the season with matches against Manchester City and Chelsea. We play Man United/Tottenham on back to back weekends both times.

Bright side is the entire Man City team is basically in the World Cup and may not be back yet for that first match. Its a shame we will have to ruin their chances of repeating the Invincibles right of the bat.

Not the friendliest schedule, but the back stretch isn't bad if we can make it through March

chjoak
AG
Medical team in Russia to finalize Torreira
AirplaneAg09
AG
Didn't get to see it this morning but did he get into the game at all in the second half for Uruguay?
chjoak
AG
For maybe 5-10 min. Didn't do too much. Announcers talked a little about his "eye opening season" at Sampdoria and his pending move to Arsenal.
wangus12
AG
Xhaka just signed a new long term contract
chjoak
AG
Germany having a bad game. Honestly think Ozil looks like one of the worst. Bad passes, poor movement, very lazy.
gougler08
AG
chjoak said:

Germany having a bad game. Honestly think Ozil looks like one of the worst. Bad passes, poor movement, very lazy.

We should know from Arsenal games, when he's bad, he's really bad
chjoak
AG
Not sure if this guy has any clue what he is talking about but I figured it was worth posting.

Honestly, I generally don't like any of the MMNT players but he is one of the few that I would be ok with Arsenal signing. Would provide a nice change of pace on the W, especially when Ozil is loafing around.
gougler08
AG
I thought Lichtsteiner looked good yesterday against Brazil, so that was good to see
chjoak
AG
Reports that Leno is scheduled for a medical in London tomorrow.
chjoak
AG
Leno confirmed. 5yr deal.

Smoke that we are after Golovin.
Tigres (Mexican league) have expressed interest in Ospina.
wangus12
AG
I think that is a pretty decent signing. Now get Torreira and those CBs through the door and it be the first time I've been satisfied by a transfer window
wangus12
AG
Jack Wilshire confirmed on his Facebook that he is leaving the club. Sad day
Smokedraw01
According to Yahoo news, Ozil was raked over the coals by the German team in a closed meeting. They're reporting that he'll be benched.

https://yhoo.it/2JW6Bvh
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
chjoak
AG
Should be. He played like sheet in the opening match. Looked like he didn't care.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.