Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,781 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

Check out the U12 all stars on the bottom right who think they're making a play. Contrast w/ the guy on the top left who has functional vision and is just watching it come down with his chin resting on his hand.
It is a good thing the ball wasn't a few feet to the right. The goober in orange reaching across 3 people for the ball would have interfered, no doubt.
David_Puddy
AG
randy828 said:

Give Altuve a game off and see if that lights a fire under his ass? I love him, but man…

And put Diaz at 2nd? The guy who has 1 more hit in the playoffs as him and is a f'ing DH? Yeah, no....he's been just as bad
Texaggie7nine
She almost had it.
7nine
MAS444
AG
Yeah no way you sit Altuve.
12th Man Ag
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

Notice the girl has a ball in her hand and Tuckers eyes are closed. Just seeing that picture you would have thought the outcome of the play was different. Great play that saved the game.

Pretty sure that is the ball Tucker is about to catch with his eyes closed, not one in her hand.
schmendeler
AG
Chewy
AG
Bondag
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

Notice the girl has a ball in her hand and Tuckers eyes are closed. Just seeing that picture you would have thought the outcome of the play was different. Great play that saved the game.

That is the moment his back hit the wall. Looked painful.
AgLA06
AG
Did you just move to Houston?
SockDePot
Wonder if this guy realizes how close he was to being the most hated man in Houston

swimmerbabe11
did you think we wouldn't notice shaq?
schmendeler
AG
Lmao that's crying Jordan
swimmerbabe11
yeah that one. whatever. i shouldnt texag before coffee.
David_Puddy
AG
Sazerac said:

Man if that f-ck with the glove touches that ball, he would've deserved to limp out of Minute Maid looking like someone post fighting Mike Tyson in his prime.
swimmerbabe11
ftr I see 2 ****s with gloves looking to make a play
Serotonin
AG
It would be fan interference if they reach over the wall though correct?
randy828
AG
MAS444 said:

Yeah no way you sit Altuve.
I can't imagine doing it, hope he busts out in NY. I think he's awesome, just hope he can figure it out. I thought after that ground out to their shortstop he would be breaking his slump..he hit that one hard, the guy made an excellent play.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
txags92
AG
The ump last night wasn't doing him any favors calling pitches 6" outside as strikes. He already struggles with chasing the outside pitches, and having the ump calling them as strikes just made it that much harder for him to lay off of them. If he would work on reaching out and poking those pitches into right field, they would be forced to pitch him differently. Getting up on the plate a little more wouldn't hurt him either.
swimmerbabe11
you gotta know Altuve was thinking "maybe if I'm nice to this guy and take the selfie, my luck will change" no way he's messing with getting any bad juju
grizzo
AG
Arguably, his at bats have been a little better against the Yankees.

He hit it hard a couple times, and that second baseman got a gift in that ole that turned into the double play. Just not bouncing his way right now. I think Dusty leaves him in to work it out, and I hope he can get it rolling. It's a law of averages, and he was the hottest hitter in baseball leading up to the postseason.

Speaking of things bouncing their way, the ball off the bag to end Game 1 and the Bregman-to-Pena grounder to get the out at first are some positive defensive bounces. Good omens!
Chewy
AG
AgLA06 said:

Guessing you're referencing Biggio?

Give me the guy that's been the heart and soul of this amazing run we've been on and delivered in the post season. I believe Jeremy Pena has as many home runs in the post season as Biggio.

Biggio was a fine Astro but his post season performances were sorely lacking.

I believe when it's all said and done Altuve will have done more in an Astros uniform than Biggio so I'm willing to give him the crown now.
digging tunnels
AG
Hmmm. Yankees fans will be shouting "F Altuve" every AB. Altuve thrives on that.

I'm calling 2 hits for him on Saturday vs Cole
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

cant wait for salsa Night at the juice box tonight and tomorrow nights

AgLA06
AG
Chewy said:

AgLA06 said:

Guessing you're referencing Biggio?

Give me the guy that's been the heart and soul of this amazing run we've been on and delivered in the post season. I believe Jeremy Pena has as many home runs in the post season as Biggio.

Biggio was a fine Astro but his post season performances were sorely lacking.

I believe when it's all said and done Altuve will have done more in an Astros uniform than Biggio so I'm willing to give him the crown now.

There's an entire list of guys with their jersey retired by the franchise that you'd have to do a similar justification for.

Altuve has had a great 11 year run including all the recent successes. He's a great player that will probably be the next one to get his jersey retired. He's also had a supporting cast and payroll most of the retired jerseys could only dream of having. You can be known to swing at the first pitch or be unable to hit an outside curve/ slider if there's just as good or better bats behind you. Especially if pitchers are more scared of the bats behind you.

That couldn't be said for the guys you'd have to compare him.
Chewy
AG
Altuve busting out of his slump with a leadoff homer at Yankee Stadium will be awesome.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Grown men taking a baseball glove to a game
SockDePot
Serotonin said:

It would be fan interference if they reach over the wall though correct?

Yep, HR and Yankees lead
Aggie Hunter
AG
He needs to thrive on something right now. He better go cut the head off a chicken or something.
maroon barchetta
Ducks4brkfast said:

Or wearing a jersey. Ever. For any sport.
schmendeler
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Or wearing a jersey. Ever. For any sport.

Or paying to watch a bunch of other men play a game. Oh wait.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

The Houston Astros announced on Friday afternoon that right-hander Cristian Javier will start Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Saturday. Fellow right-hander Lance McCullers Jr., who had been expected to get the nod, will instead start Sunday's Game 4.

McCullers told reporters, including Mark Berman of FOX26, that he was pushed back a day after being hit in the elbow by a spare champagne bottle as Houston celebrated their Division Series sweep over the Seattle Mariners.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-to-start-cristian-javier-in-alcs-game-3-after-lance-mccullers-jr-injured-by-champagne-bottle/
swimmerbabe11
I would just like to put it out there that if anyone would like to take me as their plus one to the World Series this year, I will 100% look like the lady that the ball is closest to hitting if it comes our way.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
What else are you willing to do?
MAS444
AG
I can't believe such an obvious question had to be asked.
swimmerbabe11
Pay for beer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.