Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

171,466 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
Mikeyshooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
We are peaking too early.
David_Puddy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Disagree. I think the Yankees are and honestly want them to hold on to that #1 AL spot. They would have to play the winner of Toronto/Tampa/Boston in the ALDS. The 2 spot will play either Minnesota or Cleveland.
Chewy
AG
I don't think we're peaking too early at all. If anything our young staff is showing they're legit. We still have LMJ set to return along with Stinky Odorizzi potentially coming back to where he was when he got hurt. Can't believe I'm typing that.

In the field we have Pena continuing to develop or at worst be who he has been this season for the rest of the season. That ain't bad. We have a massive hole in Center we hope New Jake can fill. We hope Yuli and Bregman can trend back up to their normal or somewhere slightly below it.

Then there's the bullpen with a bunch of pieces we need to figure what's what. It's been disappointing at times but by and large it's been decent compared to the rest of baseball.

No doubt the teams that win it all go on a streak but I don't think we're there yet. We just have a really solid ball club with lots of talent and experience. We just happen to be better than a lot of teams.

There's no team in baseball that's truly scary right now. It's all about who they've played most recently. Lots of disparity and feasting.
CowtownAg06
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34170140/former-no-1-pick-mark-appel-makes-mlb-debut-age-30-pitches-scoreless-ninth-inning-philadelphia-phillies?platform=amp

Mark's a good guy and I'm happy for him.
schmendeler
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I think this is right in line with our records for the past five years or so at this point in the season
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34170140/former-no-1-pick-mark-appel-makes-mlb-debut-age-30-pitches-scoreless-ninth-inning-philadelphia-phillies?platform=amp

holy crap, I cant believe he is sill at it. Good for him.
MelvinUdall
Chewy said:

I don't think we're peaking too early at all. If anything our young staff is showing they're legit. We still have LMJ set to return along with Stinky Odorizzi potentially coming back to where he was when he got hurt. Can't believe I'm typing that.

In the field we have Pena continuing to develop or at worst be who he has been this season for the rest of the season. That ain't bad. We have a massive hole in Center we hope New Jake can fill. We hope Yuli and Bregman can trend back up to their normal or somewhere slightly below it.

Then there's the bullpen with a bunch of pieces we need to figure what's what. It's been disappointing at times but by and large it's been decent compared to the rest of baseball.

No doubt the teams that win it all go on a streak but I don't think we're there yet. We just have a really solid ball club with lots of talent and experience. We just happen to be better than a lot of teams.

There's no team in baseball that's truly scary right now. It's all about who they've played most recently. Lots of disparity and feasting.

The bullpen has been more than decent, they have the best ERA in all of baseball:
Chewy
AG
Technically it's the Yankees but we're not far off.

We've been really good but the pecking order for what situations hasn't been established and that's what scares me.

It looks like Neris to Pressly for 8 and 9 which is pretty good. Pressly still scares me a bit in that he doesn't have true dominant stuff. I'd love to have a Clay Holmes at closer with his stuff.

It's fine but based on last year don't be surprised to see Click make some moves. I still contend his acquisition of Graveman was the difference in making it to the World Series. I know that's who Neris replaced but would love to see a left hand addition.

Bullpen and hitters 7-9 are usually the most underrated part of a deep playoff run.
maroon barchetta
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

CowtownAg06 said:

holy crap, I cant believe he is sill at it. Good for him.

per-sis-tent
txags92
AG
jetch17
AG
Sorry just landed

jetch17
AG
jetch17
AG
Ciboag96
schmendeler
AG
Maldy with two homers today. And five total for the team.
jbanda
AG
Made it to our first game in years today. Great fun!
12th Man Ag
AG
schmendeler said:

Maldy with two homers today. And five total for the team.

Funny how folks can step up when they see their replacement sitting on the bench!
schmendeler
AG
Castro is the one that would be replaced. Maldy is a bad ass and is going nowhere.
txags92
AG
schmendeler said:

Castro is the one that would be replaced. Maldy is a bad ass and is going nowhere.
As long as we have Verlander pitching, Maldy is here to stay.
schmendeler
AG
"Maldy the stabilizing force behind Astros' success"

https://www.mlb.com/news/martin-maldonado-hits-two-home-runs-in-win-over-angels
Betoisafurry
Have to be a smooth brain to want to get rid of maldy. Dude is a therapist behind the plate, hell of an arm too.
StillNotAnAggie
What a play by Maldy. Crazy he did that.
XpressAg09
AG
Here live and the video guys put it up before the review was over…helped the cause, I'd imagine.

Great heads-up play
schmendeler
AG
I'm really trying to appreciate and absorb this historic period of success by the Astros. I can only hope it continues.
12th Man Ag
AG
schmendeler said:

I understand that. It was just a joke.
12th Man Ag
AG
20 K's in 9 innings! Wow!
jetch17
AG
WALK.IT.OFF!

12th Man Ag
AG
And Peña to top it off!
Coog97
FU Tepera… again!!!
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Al Bula
AG
Yesssssssss, Tepera eats more Houston nuts.
scd88
AG
Coog97 said:

FU Tepera… again!!!

Exactly.
schmendeler
AG
LPHA
AG
schmendeler said:

StillNotAnAggie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.