Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

171,441 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
Serotonin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAS444 said:

If I'm not waiting til the last minute (just don't want to risk that), are there regularly going to be deals in that group that are much better than 3rd party apps like stubhub? I'm looking for club level or better only.
I assume that they are better since you don't have to pay the exorbitant fees like with stubhub.
MAS444
AG
Tried to join the FB marketplace group but probably answered the skittles question wrong.
digging tunnels
AG
Be very very careful on the FB sell groups. There are a lot of scammers on there. Ask the group to verify if the seller is legit or confirm if they are season ticket holders

Also regarding Stubhub et al, if you're willing to wait a couple of innings to get into game, the prices will drop considerably after it starts
digging tunnels
AG
Here's another FB group I'm in
David_Puddy
AG
digging tunnels said:

Be very very careful on the FB sell groups. There are a lot of scammers on there. Ask the group to verify if the seller is legit or confirm if they are season ticket holders

Also regarding Stubhub et al, if you're willing to wait a couple of innings to get into game, the prices will drop considerably after it starts

I thought once the game starts that the ticket inventory clears out? Is that not the case? Otherwise, someone risks eating their ticket and getting nothing for it
David_Puddy
AG
EIther way, those tickets are a ticking time bomb. The longer they go unsold, the more significant the risk for the seller. If you live anywhere near downton, it's worth it to wait as long as possible. Hell even if you don't live near DT or get the deal you want, there are plenty of good bars to watch it with a badass atmosphere. That's not a bad worst case scenario.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I went to every WS game last year and in 2019, dont panic buy right now. Prices will drop. I got ALCS game 1 tickets in the club for face value an hour before the game on Stubhub.
htxag09
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I went to every WS game last year and in 2019, dont panic buy right now. Prices will drop. I got ALCS game 1 tickets in the club for face value an hour before the game on Stubhub.

I do agree with you prices will come down. But alcs game 1 was a weird outlier. The market was absolute crap for that game. No idea why. You could get lower level for under $100. Game 2 was much stronger.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I watched prices all week, they were in the $400s and dropped 2 hours before game time.
htxag09
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I watched prices all week, they were in the $400s and dropped 2 hours before game time.
Yeah, not arguing. I agree, I watched them, too. But I'm saying how much they dropped was weird, Game 2 didn't drop nearly as much.

And I expect WS to drop, but also not nearly as much.
CFTXAG10
AG
+1 on the wait until the hours leading up to the game and even into the 1st or 2nd inning. Have gotten into many playoff games that way

If you MUST have them beforehand find a trusted seller on the Astros facebook ticket exchange group that people can vouch for. Then you can at least avoid stubhub fees.

My family sold our two WS Game 2 tix on stubhub for $3500 after fees in section 155. I can't go that evening but it blows my mind somebody spent around 4k for that one game alone. Sheesh.
swimmerbabe11
I went to game 5 of that first one and iirc SRO was like 500.. has the price really decreased that much?

maybe I'm wrong, I didn't buy the tickets, my date did.
OCEN99
OCEN99
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/ycwko2/estimated_world_series_ticket_prices_according_to/
Panama Red
AG

I have never used it, but apparently simple seats does not charge fees. Glancing at the website, it appears to be much much cheaper than Seatgeek or StubHub.
Bassmaster
AG
Panama Red said:

I have never used it, but apparently simple seats does not charge fees. Glancing at the website, it appears to be much much cheaper than Seatgeek or StubHub.
I was going to use them for a concert recently, but found that while they don't charge fees, the ticket prices were higher and ended up in the same place as you would paying fees on the other sites. I paid $2 more on StubHub just because simple seats pissed me off with their deceptive advertising.
digging tunnels
AG
David_Puddy said:

digging tunnels said:

I thought once the game starts that the ticket inventory clears out? Is that not the case? Otherwise, someone risks eating their ticket and getting nothing for it

When my wife went to DC and Atl for the World Series, she missed the first couple innings before she went in. Prices were cheaper in stubhub
kerig01
AG
Just heads up on the last minute move. I'm sure it works well most times but I had a pretty crappy experience earlier this year for an Astros game.

Bought tickets through stubhub with the immediate delivery icon. wait, wait, wait...game started, wait, wait... ended up buying scalper tickets to get in. Around the 4th or 5th inning my tickets actually showed up and I could move down to those better seats.

Called stubhub the entire time, no help.
Called stubhub afterwards to get a refund and it took about 5 calls; each an hour plus. I did eventually get my money back but it was a nightmare.

So... last minute could be good but you might not want to wait too long
Bondag
AG
kerig01 said:

Just heads up on the last minute move. I'm sure it works well most times but I had a pretty crappy experience earlier this year for an Astros game.

Bought tickets through stubhub with the immediate delivery icon. wait, wait, wait...game started, wait, wait... ended up buying scalper tickets to get in. Around the 4th or 5th inning my tickets actually showed up and I could move down to those better seats.

Called stubhub the entire time, no help.
Called stubhub afterwards to get a refund and it took about 5 calls; each an hour plus. I did eventually get my money back but it was a nightmare.

So... last minute could be good but you might not want to wait too long
That's what 8 don't like about some of the mobile options. If you sell with stubhub, you can instantly transfer, but if you are not camped by your phone waiting to transfer you may not send before start of game for last minute sales.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Jock 07
AG
I like to think that the Stros recent successes are karma for mlb summarily forcing the team to the AL.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I was just thinking this same thing the other day.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
reedsterg
AG
I was watching StubHub during the ALCS and it looked like all the listings went down after the game started. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy anywhere after the game has started?
htxag09
AG
reedsterg said:

I was watching StubHub during the ALCS and it looked like all the listings went down after the game started. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy anywhere after the game has started?
Stubhub generally allows you to buy tickets an hour after the game has started. I know in previous seasons they cut off at game time, but they expanded it to an hour past for playoffs.
MAS444
AG
I got anxious and bit the bullet. I wasn't seeing prices move down and was starting to see a lot of Philly fans looking for seats on the FB marketplace page. A lot of them were saying it'll be cheaper flying here for a game than tickets there. I don't doubt that there will still be better deals to be found ...but I didn't get the feeling that Club level was going to drop much. I'll be curious to see...
AgLA06
AG
MAS444 said:

I got anxious and bit the bullet. I wasn't seeing prices move down and was starting to see a lot of Philly fans looking for seats on the FB marketplace page. A lot of them were saying it'll be cheaper flying here for a game than tickets there. I don't doubt that there will still be better deals to be found ...but I didn't get the feeling that Club level was going to drop much. I'll be curious to see...
You're the exact reason prices are the way the are.
jetch17
AG
after fees and stuff last year it was pretty much 1k/ticket for Game 2. If it makes it back to Houston for 6/7 ill be curious to see what happens (and how much my company will let me get away with)

its a zoo wading through all the various sites & FB pages
schmendeler
AG

Pretty good hype video
Texaggie7nine
Portnoy dissin Frank's Pizza

7nine
sts7049
AG
he ain't wrong about it
swimmerbabe11
wouldn't star pizza be the better place to send him?
schmendeler
AG
He really liked gypsy poet. (never had it myself)
Diggity
AG
He's looking at downtown area spots. Houston pizza game is lame though.
jetch17
AG
Saw him doing the gypsy review in front of specs during the signing - is pres here all week?
jetch17
AG
sts7049 said:

he ain't wrong about it

Sounds like he needs to go spend a few hours at Warrens Inn then review - 9.8 when slammed on stiffies at warrens

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.